User Tag List

First 12

Infinite Bubble

Maybe another reason why he scoffed is because Ni produces a feeling of certainty in the user, whereas with Ne it is the opposite, them typically being very uncertain about things due to all the perceived possibilities. So he might have thought of it ridiculous because it didn't fit with his Ni perceptions.

MBTI
    yupp

planet earth makes me feel stupid. I mean the actual planet not the show
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Maybe he's insecure and/or just a jerk.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I've had the opposite occur. Because Ne doms are so quick and verbal, they actually make me feel stupid.
    So, I've been on both sides. I tend to not always have complete mastery of every fact, and that's one area where I get tripped up (and pounced upon by NTs in general, on occasion). Also, I may not have researched stuff as broadly, so while I know my particular area of interest, I may be unaware of something adjacent that "everybody knows." That's occasionally mortifying.

On the other hand, I do sometimes evilly have fun when having conversations with my fairly serious, intense, fellow software architect who I think is an INTJ. We'll be discussing something work related, and I can throw in a (almost) witty aside. His humor processing is a little time delayed, so he's usually about half-way through his next sentence before the humor hits, and then he's derailed. If I time it right, I can have the next aside already in progress just as he gets back on track from the previous one. He gets more and more derailed, amused and distracted over time. Funny to reduce such a serious guy at that state.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I had this archeology class where my professor was INTJ, and whenever I came up with a quick inference or idea based on the information he gave us, he would scoff and say "heh, that's ridiculous. Neeuuuuu." in a really condescending tone. At that point I decided to make it a challenge to woo him, but to no avail, just more condescension I was easily the student with the most genuine interest in the subject.

Anyone else have similar experience with Ni-users, and why do you hate us?
    It's not your teacher's Ni that made you feel stupid, it was his Te. I've found that Te users will find facts to support their theories and cling to these facts hook-line and sinker. They assume that their facts reign supreme and no one can challenge them because they are validated by some "expert" in the field. I often wind up making Te users feel stupid because I question the logical basis of their facts. Sadly I don't just believe facts hook-line and sinker.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    612 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

My INTJ father talks like that all the time. I used to think it was mean because if I were to say those things, I would be in an angry, condescending mood. But I've learned that he is not actually mad and is simply pointing out things that are wrong. So I've adjusted to his style of speaking and don't take it personally anymore.

(Not to say your INTJ wasn't a jerk...just sharing my experiences.)
    EII
    supine

R|L|oAI
    neutral good
    intrapersonal intelligence

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Everyone is bound to feel a bit uncomfortable around a stereotypical INTJ in their Te moments.

People tend to think out-loud more from their Aux than their Dom though their Dom is their default function. So for INTJs it would be Te which tends to come across as a legendary know it all ass hole whereas for ENTJ it is Ni which come across as a head in cloud idea person with always a plan.
    Yes, that's correct.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yes, that's correct.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I would expect people to think out loud from whatever their highest extraverted function is: Te for either NTJ, Ne for either NTP, etc. That's part of what it means for the function to be extraverted. It is very hard, at least for INTJs, to express Ni ideas directly, and when we do, it can come across as very disjointed "cloud ideas", or even like a conspiracy theory.
    Theories aside Coriolis is what I was going by.

Like I said Te for INTJs and Ni for ENTJs though their natural style of living is the dom.

Ni ideas aren't hard to communicate. ENJs ( from what I have noticed ENTJs mostly) do it quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    It is very hard, at least for INTJs, to express Ni ideas directly [...].
    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Ni ideas aren't hard to communicate. ENJs ( from what I have noticed ENTJs mostly) do it quite often.
    Hm.

In truth, it depends on how fresh the idea is. When fresh, an explanation is preceded by taking a deep breath and a pause. When old, it is obviously easy to express. Since few ideas are ever completely fresh, you usually get a combination of different presentation styles and intelligibility levels.