User Tag List

123 Last

Stansmith

Default Are the NF and NT Temperaments valid?

I honestly feel like NP and NJ temperaments make more sense. Everyone seems to be on the same page on the SP and SJ forums, whereas it seems like NFPs live on a separate planet in comparison to NFJs.

There aren't even any shared functions or objective similarities.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

NFs still have intuition and feeling functions in their top two, even if not in the same orientations. NP and NJ still wouldn't make complete sense because for instance ENFPs are dom Ne (without even a Ti commonality) and INTPs are dom Ti, which are also complete different worlds.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I honestly feel like NP and NJ temperaments make more sense. Everyone seems to be on the same page on the SP and SJ forums, whereas it seems like NFPs live on a separate planet in comparison to NFJs.

There aren't even any shared functions or objective similarities.
    I know what you're saying but I have a hard time with ENTP's and INFP's being lumped together. They're related, but not temperamentally. ENFJ's and INFP's certainly seem more closely related to me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    NFs still have intuition and feeling functions in their top two, even if not in the same orientations. NP and NJ still wouldn't make complete sense because for instance ENFPs are dom Ne (without even a Ti commonality) and INTPs are dom Ti, which are also complete different worlds.
    Yeah, this. If you were to ask me which type description I relate to more between the NFs and NPs it would go something like INFP>ENFJ>ENTP>INFJ>INTP. So the NFs beat the NPs in that sense. And even though INFP is also NP, it's because our functions are shared in a very similar order: feeling/intuition as dominant/auxilary as opposed to the STJs. So the reason I relate most to that description the most (you know...besides ENFP) is not for the shared Ne/Fi entirely, but more for the overall NF vibes.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I know what you're saying but I have a hard time with ENTP's and INFP's being lumped together.
    And yet ESTP's and ISFP's must live in this partition.

It makes the most sense to me to have FP's, TP's, TJ's and FJ's grouped together. We will always know the rational function and the attitude of the irrational function.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Everyone seems to be on the same page on the SP and SJ forums, whereas it seems like NFPs live on a separate planet in comparison to NFJs.
    And this opinion is based in........what exactly? Could you explain how SP's and SJ's get on the same page and yet NFP's and NFJ's aren't.

Is N for iNdividual and S for Similar?

'Seems' is a loose word, sometimes seams hold my clothes together, but sometimes it seems like the seams are just there to get ripped....be careful with your seems.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    And this opinion is based in........what exactly? Could you explain how SP's and SJ's get on the same page and yet NFP's and NFJ's aren't.
    There are far more that identify with N than S out of the gate. More people = more chaos. Look at the activity in the SP/SJ forums... almost nonexistent.

Of course we're all on the same page: no one gives a fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    There are far more that identify with N than S out of the gate. More people = more chaos. Look at the activity in the SP/SJ forums... almost nonexistent.

Of course we're all on the same page: no one gives a fuck.
    *SP seal of approval*
    Dirt Farmer

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    It makes the most sense to me to have FP's, TP's, TJ's and FJ's grouped together. We will always know the rational function and the attitude of the irrational function.
    I kinda agree with this. I can relate a lot more to FJs than, say, NTJs.

Still, I definitely feel a strong sense of kinship with 'other NFs', including NFPs. It also makes for dramatic Fe/Fi clashes and gets some action going in the NF forums
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

^ Yup.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”