User Tag List

First 123 Last

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Yeah, this. If you were to ask me which type description I relate to more between the NFs and NPs it would go something like INFP>ENFJ>ENTP>INFJ>INTP. So the NFs beat the NPs in that sense. And even though INFP is also NP, it's because our functions are shared in a very similar order: feeling/intuition as dominant/auxilary as opposed to the STJs. So the reason I relate most to that description the most (you know...besides ENFP) is not for the shared Ne/Fi entirely, but more for the overall NF vibes.
    I will admit, NFs do tend to have a certain orientation in social situations that they share. They're not domineering, and tend to have a sort of mediator/counselor type vibe. The healthy NF is basically the uncle you can tell your problems to and get consolation without judgement.

However, whenever I hear an ENTP or an INTP speak, I immediately get where they're coming from. With INFJ and ENFJs on the other hand, I see the complete opposite of me. They're always so nice, considerate, emotionally open, and passionate about social issues in ways that I don't really understand. How I Met Your Mother for instance; I don't get the protagonist Ted (INFJ), but I get Barney (ENTP). I probably relate to ESFPs and ISFPs better than I do NFJs, personally.

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    And yet ESTP's and ISFP's must live in this partition.

It makes the most sense to me to have FP's, TP's, TJ's and FJ's grouped together. We will always know the rational function and the attitude of the irrational function.
    Yeah, that makes sense. ESTPs, ENTPs, ISTPs and INTPs are practically the same kinds of people. Same can be said for ENFPs, INFPs, ESFPs and ISFPs.

INTJs and INFJs stand out though compared to other TJs and FJs, respectively.

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    And this opinion is based in........what exactly? Could you explain how SP's and SJ's get on the same page and yet NFP's and NFJ's aren't.

Is N for iNdividual and S for Similar?

'Seems' is a loose word, sometimes seams hold my clothes together, but sometimes it seems like the seams are just there to get ripped....be careful with your seems.
    SPs live in the moment and soak in life as it is (Se), while SJs are traditional, dutiful and prefer routine (Si). Now NFs and NTs; is it basically NF= Nice, NT = Logical?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I think NT, NF, SF and ST makes more sense. See socionics and quadras.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Stansmith

This is how I see ENFJs

And this is how I see ENFPs

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    This is how I see ENFJs

And this is how I see ENFPs

Funny, because I see myself more in the ENFJ picture than the ENFP one. The ENFP picture seems more ESFP to me imo. Or maybe the cigarette just turns me off and pushes me towards ENFJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamishi View Post
    I think NT, NF, SF and ST makes more sense. See socionics and quadras.
    Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    It makes the most sense to me to have FP's, TP's, TJ's and FJ's grouped together. We will always know the rational function and the attitude of the irrational function.
    Both of these sound good to me.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Funny, because I see myself more in the ENFJ picture than the ENFP one. The ENFP picture seems more ESFP to me imo. Or maybe the cigarette just turns me off and pushes me towards ENFJ.
    I would say that the first picture is actually more Si-based, possibly delta-ish, the second is definitely beta or alpha. Turns me off too. Very strong Fe-goof present in the second picture.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I honestly feel like NP and NJ temperaments make more sense. Everyone seems to be on the same page on the SP and SJ forums, whereas it seems like NFPs live on a separate planet in comparison to NFJs.

There aren't even any shared functions or objective similarities.
    The MBTI groupings do not make sense because they group types together whose functions don't overlap.
    xNFPs value Ne/Si, Te/Fi while xNFJs value Ni/Se, Ti/Fe. Since these types don't share a single function in common, they see things in very different light -- so how does it make sense to group them together?

Types are grouped according to their valued functions in socionics and I think this grouping makes widely more sense. The NF, NT, etc. groupings correspond to research clubs, where NTs are researchers and NFs are humanitarians: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Small_groups

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I really don't think so. Kiersey makes all NT's look like 6w5 and 5w6's who are sp/so and so/sp, and makes all NF's look like 2's, 4's, and 9w1's that are sx doms.

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Kamishi View Post
    I would say that the first picture is actually more Si-based, possibly delta-ish, the second is definitely beta or alpha. Turns me off too. Very strong Fe-goof present in the second picture.
    The second guy is ENFP 7w8