User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    But assuming that the cited text actually refers to introverted thinking, your interpretation that "the Te-dom can't totally eliminate the fact that Ti is down in there somewhere" doesn't follow from the text. The Te-dom is not attempting to eliminate any subjective functions. Jung is saying that there is a NECESSARY complement to the extraverted function, and that the existence of the complement is necessitated by the fact that all thinking, be it extraverted or introverted, is subjective, i.e, it originates with the subject.
    It sounds like you've misread my post. I was simply pointing out that it was reading too much into Jung's "parallel process" term to construe it to mean that, as you put it, Ti was "a parallel process working subjectively, hand-in-hand with Te."

You now say, "The Te-dom is not attempting to eliminate any subjective functions," but Jung said, "Struggle as I may to give an objective orientation to my train of thought, I cannot shut out the parallel subjective process," and the flavor of that is certainly that the Te-dom is "struggling" to minimize the Ti as much as possible but can't completely "shut [it] out." That's what I was referring to when I said the Te-dom can't "totally eliminate" the Ti.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    It sounds like you've misread my post. I was simply pointing out that it was reading too much into Jung's "parallel process" term to construe it to mean that, as you put it, Ti was "a parallel process working subjectively, hand-in-hand with Te."

You now say, "The Te-dom is not attempting to eliminate any subjective functions," but Jung said, "Struggle as I may to give an objective orientation to my train of thought, I cannot shut out the parallel subjective process," and the flavor of that is certainly that the Te-dom is "struggling" to minimize the Ti as much as possible but can't completely "shut [it] out." That's what I was referring to when I said the Te-dom can't "totally eliminate" the Ti.
    I've read the same passage many times over, same as you, and I know that's what you were referring to. However, you're taking the "struggle" much too literally. I refer to the subjective aspect as an a priori necessity of thought in general, however it may be oriented.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”