User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Often, yes. But I also identify with folks of other types. And sometimes people just feel like kindreds of a sort because we have similar values and/or outlooks on life. There are a lot of people that I respect, admire, and enjoy around here.

Occasionally I'll run across an INFJ and think but there are a lot of factors that go into making a person who they are beyond their MBTI type.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Short answer: no.

The longer answer is that I don't really relate to anyone on here, or for that matter in real life. As people know I've always had a problem with my type and typology in general.

It seems to work when you accept some premises as true while at the same time questioning it just enough, but not to the point that you expose it's lack of solid evidence. The truth is I can believe typology, the heurestics are there, it just needs that little bit more to catch up.

But more personally I know that some of my problems with relating stem from my inner conflicts and inability to really open up. There are people in my life who have known me for most of it who describe me as open and honest, I ask them what exactly I have been open about and they usually stall because I talk.......sometimes a lot, but without actually saying anything deeply revealing.

I have had one or two intense moments with certain individuals where I can talk for hours to them, it's odd that this only happens on either vent or these few times in real life.

I tend to treat social interaction a bit flippantly and most of the time I'm just looking for an opening to joke. I suspect that's an easy defence mechanism socially as people like being made to laugh and often associate that with the source, so I slide under the radar. Not to mention the attention and ego feed it probably gives me.

However underneath it all I would say I am very certain of my morals, views, ethics and tastes....etc. But I somehow have a block on bringing this to the surface when necessary and it often means people will assume I am going along with something, when in reality I am watching the tides for the shift in the patterns.

This is because I keep trying to mentally train myself to cope with sudden eventualities that require immediate reaction, as well as coping with tragedy which is only ever a few years away.

Maybe I was dealt a bad hand in the identity department, or maybe circumstances in my life have pushed me to dissociate in some way. More likely that my own self-loathing drove me to assess a method of changing.

But there are some aspects that are very hard to shake loose. I was extremely sensitive when younger, ridiculously so, but I think I've managed to change that somewhat.

Sorry for the indulgent whining. Anyhow back on track, I have had problems with identifying with others, I've always felt pretty much alone in my thinking, but this could just be because of that aforementioned closed off nature with deceptive openness.

This is not a case of feeling unique however so much as having not yet discovered a similar individual, I would hazard there are millions, but perhaps I've been too self-absorbed to notice.

I will say I am not happy with the way people tend to trivialise others based on type. It hasn't happened that much but it has happened enough for me to notice.

What I REALLY want though is some more in-depth meaning to my life, some way in which I can touch the lives of others in a beneficial manner and know I've done something of worth.

Not servility....worth. People don't realise it has to be constantly topped up and this is also why no one can ever be wholly selfless, it's just a matter of degrees, because everyone needs worth.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Occasionally I'll run across an INFJ and think but there are a lot of factors that go into making a person who they are beyond their MBTI type.
    Or Enneagram type, Instinct Variants, etc. Certainly they all provide great insight on how people tick but the true essence of a person's personality is something that is unique to that person (and only that person). And it's not something that can be defined, but only learned unconsciously after getting to know someone. At least that's what I believe.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I feel a lot of kindredness here with the long-standing INFJ members. I also feel that way with certain INFPs and INTJs.

The type descriptions of INFJ tend to resonate about 80% or so with me. I typically don't relate to the more aggressive or controlling aspects of descriptions.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Stansmith

People I relate to:

ENFP, ENTP, ESFP, ISFP, INFP, INTP, E7s, E3s, E9s, E6s

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Not so much anymore, but when i was younger, yes. To go very enfp, i feel more like a Pocahontas kind of enfp, than the more prevalent Ariel or Mulan kind of enfp
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Not so much anymore, but when i was younger, yes. To go very enfp, i feel more like a Pocahontas kind of enfp, than the more prevalent Ariel or Mulan kind of enfp
    I feel like a blend between Ariel and Tony Stark from Iron Man

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I often feel more akin to the guy ENFP's.... or sometimes the ebil baddy ENF-movie-P's (people usually laugh this off, "Lila from Dexter...wtf" but it's there, brooding, misunderstood, explosive, capable). I rarely get sooo much identity with other female ENFP's... though the odd game of tag team is fun.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I identify with other INFJs here. In other places, not so much. I enjoy most of the company here, actually, but it's particularly comforting to me to read another INFJ's answer to a question and find myself nodding along in agreement, feeling like they also articulated my own unspoken position perfectly.

As reluctant as I am to go on a tangent about feeling systematically misunderstood by most people, it’s just true. I frustrate the bejeezus out of people, and probably actually more myself in constantly trying to figure out how to not frustrate the bejeezus out of people. So reading other INFJs here relate to the delayed processing, and other quirks- just generally the stuff that makes me feel like a wrench in someone else’s machine- yeah, it’s comforting. I do have a couple irl friends who are INFJs I’ve gotten the heebie jeebies from in the same way, but it especially shows up in this written medium of communication (where responses are more thought out/refined than when simply hanging out with someone talking).

And as far as doubting someone’s type when they identify as INFJ and I can’t relate to them- I think that I used to, but it just sort of falls of the radar to me now. As I get to know people, they either become a prominent piece of my external environment (their presence sorta stands out to me) or they fade into the background- according to how much sense they make to me. And there are a lot of people who identify as INFJ who ‘fade into the background’ (like possibly the entire per c group- as others have commented, I don’t understand the appeal of that site at all). I don’t really put much further thought into it.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by opeth98 View Post
    I can relate to every type, really. Cus we all individuals.
    This is the most ENFP thing ever.