User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 53

  1. #31
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    I identify mainly with fictional ISTP's. I don't know any ISTP's in real life, but then again, my social circle is habitually instinctively pruned.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    lol, I feel like I'm not reckless enough to be one.

    I'm more cold, calculated and polite. And I don't drink. Or smoke. Or like parties.
    Don't let anyone fool you, the only traits attributable to Se are the bolded.

  2. #32
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    I identify with male INFPs like Snuggletron, The Outsider, and Chawie.

    The female ones I've met in real life are too busy saying shit like "KAWAIII ^_^" to really know.

  3. #33
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    some yes, some no. Now that I think about it, where the hell did all the istps go? It seems like most have disappeared.
    -end of thread-

  4. #34
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamishi View Post
    Just a question if you don't mind, but did you actually consider core 9? It would make more sense for a core 9 to relate more to "INFP-ness" than a core 5. Core 5 emphasizes intellectuality so much more due to mental power-seek and so on. Should be noted also that part of the reason why I say this is because I actually don't relate to you as a 5 myself. It's the softness of your demeanor that reminds me of 9, not of the aggressive power-seek from type 5, especially the more confident 5s.
    I have considered type 9 as a core type in the past. It's true that I tend to be rather conflict avoidant. I guess one key way in which I differ from core 9's is that I while I avoid conflict if I can, I'm not inclined to just sweep problems under the rug and think if I just wait it out it will go away. I've done a type 5 v.s. type 9 typing thread in the past and from feedback, I ended up settling on type 5. I do have a strong 9w1 trifix point though. Also, when you look at the triads. 9 is positive outlook, 5 is competency. I relate far more to competency. 9 is gut and 5 is head. I relate more to the head group. 5 is in the rejection triad, 9 is the attachment triad. Again, I identify more with the rejection.

    You say you don't identify much with me. There are other factors too such as MBTI type- INTJ v.s. INTP and variants sx/sp v.s. sp/so and socionics types. ILI vs LII.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  5. #35
    Paranoid Android Video's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,176

    Default

    Not much at all, which is why I took the ISFP off of my profile and haven't put anything back. I don't think or carry myself at all like Fi dominants do. They tend to know what they believe and what they want naturally, while I can hardly hold onto a favorite color for a week. I'm very chameleonic in situations, and Fi dominants are not on a very essential level. I get in trouble for not using judgment and not having a good filter for incoming stuff. Being tuned in to the way things are but out of touch with the way things work. I think I'm probably a young irrational type (N or S first), creatively taking in and playing with things naturally from the outset but learning to define them later in life, possibly stuck in a dominant-tertiary loop around my best judging function. I create things, sometimes they're good, but I don't know why I do it. Growth for me is finding something solid inside.

    Then again, I similarly don't relate strongly to any of the functions, except more to Se and Ne than the rest. I crave experiences because through them, that's how we find out what we're made of.

    The content I identify with most comes from the enneagram fours with three wings, less so with five wings. The one exception is over the core issue of differentiating oneself. When I'm working within a system, I assimilate hard and try to be the best in it.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

    RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

    Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

  6. #36
    As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,879

    Default

    Sometimes a quite a bit. Sometimes not much at all.

    I find myself identifying more with enneagram types 5s and 4s rather than MBTI INTPs.

  7. #37
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Not much at all, which is why I took the ISFP off of my profile and haven't put anything back. I don't think or carry myself at all like Fi dominants do. They tend to know what they believe and what they want naturally, while I can hardly hold onto a favorite color for a week. I'm very chameleonic in situations, and Fi dominants are not on a very essential level. I get in trouble for not using judgment and not having a good filter for incoming stuff. Being tuned in to the way things are but out of touch with the way things work. I think I'm probably a young irrational type (N or S first), creatively taking in and playing with things naturally from the outset but learning to define them later in life, possibly stuck in a dominant-tertiary loop around my best judging function. I create things, sometimes they're good, but I don't know why I do it. Growth for me is finding something solid inside.
    IME this is not incongruous with ISFP behaviour. ISFPs are often more malleable to their environment than INFPs, especially the e9s. Se dictates a highly contextual view of life, so ISFPs will naturally need to remain more non-committal until they can assess situations as they happen. I think they have just as strong "DO NO CROSS" lines as INFPs, but it might not figure as consciously in their minds on an everyday basis.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  8. #38
    Feline Member kelric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INtP
    Posts
    2,169

    Default

    It varies by a pretty wide margin, and while there's a correlation to type, there's a fair bit of variance. Honestly, I'm much more likely to identify with single folks in their mid-30's-mid-40's of any stripe, particularly folks with (primarily) N and I in their types. There are plenty of those folks who are INTPs, but there are also quite a few INTJs, INFJs, and INFPs in the mix.

    There are also plenty of self-described INTPs that make me cringe. Particularly the immature ones (of any age).


    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Me either. I'm not anti-authority, I'm just indifferent to the point of going along if I think it will be useful to do so and only pushing back if I have a clear reason to do so. For too many, it comes off as a "chip on the shoulder" kind of thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #39
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    I usually relate to ENFPs. Although it depends for me; I don't identify with ENFPs who are social for the sake of being social. Yes, I'm a social person but I am because I want to find people who I can have close relationships with. They may go to social outings all the time when I'd prefer to stay at home and just do my own thing. I'd prefer to indulge in what I want rather than just be with people 24/7 because that sounds like madness to me. Then again, I can't pinpoint their internal motivations so they could be a lot like me and I just don't see it.

    I also tend to identify with other ENFPs if they laugh a lot because I laugh a lot. Too easily amused, I guess. Not sure which fictional ENFPs I relate to, but it'd probably be someone like Izzie from Grey's Anatomy (all the Fi intensity) or Phoebe from Friends (extreme Ne quirkiness and not a total social butterfly but still socially functioning). Both white blonde girls, go figure.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  10. #40
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    I have considered type 9 as a core type in the past. It's true that I tend to be rather conflict avoidant. I guess one key way in which I differ from core 9's is that I while I avoid conflict if I can, I'm not inclined to just sweep problems under the rug and think if I just wait it out it will go away. I've done a type 5 v.s. type 9 typing thread in the past and from feedback, I ended up settling on type 5. I do have a strong 9w1 trifix point though. Also, when you look at the triads. 9 is positive outlook, 5 is competency. I relate far more to competency. 9 is gut and 5 is head. I relate more to the head group. 5 is in the rejection triad, 9 is the attachment triad. Again, I identify more with the rejection.

    You say you don't identify much with me. There are other factors too such as MBTI type- INTJ v.s. INTP and variants sx/sp v.s. sp/so and socionics types. ILI vs LII.
    But I know an LII 5w6 so/sp and she's different from you. Do you see what you did here? You weren't looking at the problem in depth like 5s do, but instead you explain that you superficially relate more to type 5 than 9 but you actually don't show how it's true in terms of theory. One thing that is common with type 9, especially Fe types, is their need to relate to other people rather than seeing themselves and they try to fit themselves in other people's image. I have a strong 8 fix too but the important thing here is that I don't see myself as an 8, not because I don't relate because I do, but because I know that my motivations don't line up.

    There is also a 5 on PerC who is 9-fixed sp/so and ISTJ, but again, this person still clearly emits the intensity of 5 power seek. I honestly don't see this from you at all. If anything there's this lulling attitude of needing to get along that is common from type 9 Fe types. I'm on the phone so I can explain more later.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Similar Threads

  1. [Si] Wherever you have Si in your stack of pancakes, how do you identify with it?
    By Dreamer in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-02-2016, 12:34 AM
  2. How Much Do You Identify With Your Circumstances?
    By Bullet in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 09-14-2014, 12:14 PM
  3. do you gravitate towards characters of your type?
    By WALMART in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-22-2012, 08:08 PM
  4. How well do you match the stereotype of your type?
    By Elfboy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 10:05 PM
  5. [SJ] How strongly do you identify with the SJ/Guardian temperament?
    By sassafrassquatch in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 02:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO