User Tag List

123 Last

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Default Fe a tragic function.

Fe is by way of extensive social connections, perhaps the most tragic of the 8 cognitive functions. Why do I say this?

Because of all of them, it is the one which appears to rely strongest on the presence of others of the same attitude. This creates some elements that others have claimed are of benefit, such as knowing the social cues necessary to interact with others inoffensively and the ability to become well liked and curry social favour with others.

However this still relies entirely upon the environment of Fe around the individual. Such a person can find that, with their attitude running almost counter to that of critical thought and in unhealthy persons running to active suppression of critical thought inside and out, they are very much like a mirror only to their outward image and social groupings.

What happens when that structure and environment are removed?

This is why the strength of the function and by relation the strength of suppression of Ti causes a peculiar effect of lack of identity, especially if the Fe of the individual is dominant.

So instead they lash out, crudely and rudely, suddenly all pretense to politeness and social graces is thrown and cast aside. They are now lost in a sea of miserable misunderstandings, all of which languish just outside of the reach of conscious control.....a position most frustrating to dom or aux Fe individuals. The motive then becomes to try and control the outward social flow even more, becoming manipulative and belligerent, ironically running counter to the very image they usually present.

But this is the tragedy, for they do not actively seek out their dominant function, as no type does, but they are stuck with it for an entire lifetime and it is a lifetime of living through emotional reactions, charges and group understandings, but until a bump is thrown in their life strong enough for them to engage with the suppressed inferior, they will never garner any deeper comprehension of their own being.

Sad isn't it? To be born to life in a cloud of mush....where awakening is only triggered by pain.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Beautiful.

This is why the strength of the function and by relation the strength of suppression of Ti causes a peculiar effect of lack of identity, especially if the Fe of the individual is dominant.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post

So instead they lash out, crudely and rudely, suddenly all pretense to politeness and social graces is thrown and cast aside. They are now lost in a sea of miserable misunderstandings, all of which languish just outside of the reach of conscious control.....a position most frustrating to dom or aux Fe individuals. The motive then becomes to try and control the outward social flow even more, becoming manipulative and belligerent, ironically running counter to the very image they usually present.

But this is the tragedy, for they do not actively seek out their dominant function, as no type does, but they are stuck with it for an entire lifetime and it is a lifetime of living through emotional reactions, charges and group understandings, but until a bump is thrown in their life strong enough for them to engage with the suppressed inferior, they will never garner any deeper comprehension of their own being.

Sad isn't it? To be born to life in a cloud of mush....where awakening is only triggered by pain.
    Fe, the function I'm horrible at and can give 2 shits about lol.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't think I'm generally a lasher-outer. I figure if the interaction is unpleasant enough to make my want to lash out, there isn't much reason to continue it. Life is too damn short and I could be doing something I enjoy.

But despite my terrible Fe handicap, I have managed to build and maintain a handful good and strong relationships and I don't feel as though I would be incapable of doing so in the futre. If I find out I'm wrong about this, I've always got my books and there is always a dog looking for a home. It'll be okay.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

garbage

I can't say that I relate. I don't have a constant social circle, and social circles (and thereby social flows) have never forged my identity.

People disagree and conflict on things. Some people are easier to relate to than others. Politeness isn't a given in every single interpersonal situation, nor should it be.

On the ol' Greenlight Wiki site, there was a discussion as to whether an Fe-wielder could survive alone on an island. Sadly enough, the consensus was "no." I'm very much tempted to provide empirical evidence to the contrary.. I just need a boat.

Never mind eh? Both the feeling functions are tragic and bullshit. Feelers are a blight on humanity and without them it could have ascended to heights of technological greatness long ago. The universe doesn't play favourites or value one scientific principle over another. In the end, it is a maladaptive phenomenon which needs to be plunged into the abyss of history.

On the bright side you only have at most another 75 years to go. Not long at all on a galactic timeline.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Never mind eh? Both the feeling functions are tragic and bullshit. Feelers are a blight on humanity and without them it could have ascended to heights of technological greatness long ago. The universe doesn't play favourites or value one scientific principle over another. In the end, it is a maladaptive phenomenon which needs to be plunged into the abyss of history.

On the bright side you only have at most another 75 years to go. Not long at all on a galactic timeline.
    As usual you get it!

Although with my chest I think more like 50-60 years I am 24 after all, perhaps no more than 30-40.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Glycerine

Uhh. I can't really relate.