User Tag List

First 1234 Last

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Fe is just a tool which I can choose to engage or disengage.
    This.
    I have my own thoughts/values outside of my dominant Fe so it's not like my whole identity revolves around the social aspect/people.
    This.
    In fact, people drain me when I feel compelled to constantly factor in their input. Half of me really does care about the social protocol/making people feel good, comfortable, understood but the other half really doesn't give a shit.
    This.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    This.

This.

This.
    So then is the issue S with Fe?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Stansmith

It sounds like E6 catastrophic thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Half of me really does care about the social protocol/making people feel good, comfortable, understood [...]
    For their sake or for the sake of the situation/project they are part of?

Glycerine

@AffirmitiveAnxiety: Well bologna and I are both 3w4 ENFJs so who knows how that truly affects it. From what I have noticed from my limited sample of EXFJs IRL. ESFJs seem to hold dear the traditions of cultural values (of their own choosing) while the ENFJs seem like "politically correct" liberals. However, once you cut through the socially acceptable facade, EXFJs don't really seem to care what society thinks and just want to live with their own values (unless they have their head up their ass and need to steer others in the "right direction").

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    For their sake or for the sake of the situation/project they are part of?
    Both with a touch of "for my own sake".

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    It sounds like E6 catastrophic thinking.
    Is there an impending disaster associated with my assessment of Fe? Of course I understand if you meant the word in the sense of destructive and unnecessarily negative.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Is there an impending disaster associated with my assessment of Fe?
    It could be that the word "tragic" came on a little strong.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    It could be that the word "tragic" came on a little strong.
    Well I suppose we come into the world as a blank template, but Jung's point is that there is something inherent in us so if Fe is inherent it seems a shame as I see it as the worst function to lead with.

It is essentially the suppression of critical thought and suppressing critical thought has lead to some of the worst crimes in our history; especially when it comes to being complacent. But being born or at least developing it as a lead is such a tragedy, for the person has no choice and can only be made so aware of their shortcomings, much in the same way as an incredibly stupid person doesn't realise they are stupid, so too does an Fe dom not realise their own foibles.

Of course this could be projection of my own experiences as an Fe possessor, but this fits in with many of the definitions I have read on Fe as well.

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    SLE

So then is the issue S with Fe?
    No, from what I gather, the issue seems to be E6 Dependency coupled with leading Fe.

Well I suppose we come into the world as a blank template, but Jung's point is that there is something inherent in us so if Fe is inherent it seems a shame as I see it as the worst function to lead with.

It is essentially the suppression of critical thought and suppressing critical thought has lead to some of the worst crimes in our history; especially when it comes to being complacent. But being born or at least developing it as a lead is such a tragedy, for the person has no choice and can only be made so aware of their shortcomings, much in the same way as an incredibly stupid person doesn't realise they are stupid, so too does an Fe dom not realise their own foibles.

Of course this could be projection of my own experiences as an Fe possessor, but this fits in with many of the definitions I have read on Fe as well.
    Boo-fucking-hoo. What is your point? None of us have a choice in which function becomes our dominant. We all are subject to the shortcomings brought on by our inferior. What makes inferior Ti the worst? Even if you could provide a well thought-out answer to that question, it would lack any objectivity. From one perspective, inferior Ti could be seen as the worst, while from another, inferior Ni could be seen as the worst.