User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

oh! the drama! the tragedy! the suffering!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    A true follower of the Sith ways gives 'nothing' for free. It must be earned through competition. It's this struggle that will break our chains.

Enneagram
    9w8

You know...I'm not really sure I understand Fe all that well.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

At least it's a fake tragedy. There's some comfort in that.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    At least it's a fake tragedy. There's some comfort in that.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I know what you mean, but I think it's something other than Fe. Not yet sure what, and if anyone else thinks they can finish this thought, please do.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Uhh. I can't really relate.
    Why not, are you suppressing the consideration that it could be true, but you aren't aware of it?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Glycerine

Well, it may have an element of truth but it doesn't shake my whole being or existence. In my mind, Fe is just a tool which I can choose to engage or disengage. I have my own thoughts/values outside of my dominant Fe so it's not like my whole identity revolves around the social aspect/people. In fact, people drain me when I feel compelled to constantly factor in their input. Half of me really does care about the social protocol/making people feel good, comfortable, understood but the other half really doesn't give a shit.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Fe is by way of extensive social connections, perhaps the most tragic of the 8 cognitive functions. Why do I say this?...
    I'm not sure I followed everything in the OP, but I think I agree with its overall sentiment. I have often thought that life can be more difficult for extroverts in general who need more social connection because those needs are in part outside their control. A person who needs many friends is dependent on the reaction of others, and we each have a limited ability to determine this. Is that part of what you are saying in your post?

I find it is one of the more difficult aspects of my personality because I absorb the emotional and subjective nature of my environment very strongly. This results in me having to figure out how to change environments until I find something I can live with longer-term. This costs me a great deal in terms of money because I get physically sick in most competitive environments. I find it is difficult because I need a connection with others, but am also easily overwhelmed by other people. I find Fe as a function to be filled with conflicted needs, so it is difficult to achieve a sense of peace within and around oneself.

If my subjective/emotional input is overwhelmed for long enough, I can lose a sense of my own self and identity. When I am in environments where the values and assumptions are expressed as disrespect towards myself, my sense of self begins to warp. That is why competitive environments are like poison to me because everyone is pushing their perceptions of self-aggrandizement, their deep insecurities and needs upon each other. It feels like a room stuffed full of balloons all pressing their ideas of reality upon each other. It becomes a complete mess and the distraction, the nausea, dizziness, and body aches that result within me are like feeling all that negative energy at once.

Because of that people will sometimes see me as weak or lacking courage, but then be shocked when I can support a rape survivor during a PTSD episode during medical procedures that address the parts of her body that were attacked. The reason I can handle almost unimaginably intense individual emotional trauma in others is because I have had to face such putrified bucket-loads of negative energy in competitive environments. I suspect that if people w/o Fe actually saw everything in their environments that they wouldn't be able to handle it any better than I do. Blindness is bliss.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.