User Tag List

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Rate the functions per their comfort levels in time of stress

Yes, I'm asking you to rate the MBTI-related cognitive functions per level of comfort they give to you in times of stress.

For example, I'm pretty fond of regular things AND random, insightful things when I'm in good condition. But, when I'm slightly sick, like running a low fewer, I probably like to do something crazy or just do almost nothing at all. But, when I'm running a high fewer, I just want to regulate everything I do and do everything very regularly with minimum amount of surprises and maximum amount of harmony, repetition and the least amount of surprises or action.

Hence, for a time when none of my ability is impaired, I prefer functions Te - do something. Ti, think of something. Se - experience it! Ne - imagine it!

When some of my ability is impaired because of an ilness, I'm most probably Ti- think of it! concentrate on it. Ne, imagination all the way! Fe/FI.. let's feel it.

When I'm greatly impaired, as in high fever, other ilness etc I'm most probably Si .. let's do this thing. Ti.. Yes, this thing involves these ideas. Fi. I feel lousy. Ni. This is a usual condition for a human.

So, all in all, I'd say that Si is my comfort function.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

rölli?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Älkää vainotko mua teidän rölli-metsästysten johdosta kiitos

background information: I'm currently running a fever and my cognitive abilities are very much impaired. I'm seeking comfort from repeating some familiar procedures (Si) and something else. I'm just curious to know what activity is anyone's comfort function in time's of stress.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I think under stress i introvert into Ni-Ti. Everything else is burdensome.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I'm rarely if ever comfortable, but I am most stressed in a rut of repetition where I cannot see a new eventuality unfolding.

In these cases I tend to keep my emotionality bottled up even more than usual and instead I try to retreat into myself to identify the source or reason for my discomfort since 9/10 times it stems from my approach and way of thinking in a situation.
    However I've been surprised lately by how I cannot find a rational cause for my discomfort and my thinking feels clear and unburdened, but the emotions get in the way.

It seems to stem from not allowing myself to enjoy the present moment and always holding myself in preparation for events yet to come, that will come, not an abstract notion or anything, merely literal planned events.

I feel at my most comfortable when there are no responsibilities and I can enjoy the activities I like for once.

I don't know what I can extrapolate from this other than I am still immature in my thinking. Function wise I could not say since context changes everything and the how is more important to process than the surface of what that behaviour appears to be..
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't believe that we use can use functions in isolation, and I don't believe we use all 8 functions, so maybe I'm not qualified to play

In times of stress nothing gives me comfort because it means two things: either I know what to do and am not doing it, or I don't know what to do. If it's the first thing, nothing relieves the stress until I do what I'm supposed to do. If it's the latter, only a New Age strand of 'letting go' can help.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

NeFi is what I use in all situations and NiFe for back up, though in prolonged situations of stress, I'll use Te to just take the edge off (and clean shit, organize trivial stuff etc) and Si to either help give my mind a break or get Fi more info. Se and Ti just create more stress and are uncomfortable for the most part, unless I actively, willingly and consciously shift to them (and therefore make sure I am patient with myself during the activity and there are no other stressors).
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I think under stress i introvert into Ni-Ti. Everything else is burdensome.
    ditto.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I turn Si/Fi when sick.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire