User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 35

  1. #21
    girl with a pretty smile Honor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i have more deep friendships than i could ever want actually
    Great to hear someone say this!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    unfortunately they don't live here
    I hope you have a Skype account, Facebook account, or otherwise can keep in touch with them a lot.

  2. #22
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    This probably seems like an obvious question, but it may prove interesting anyway.

    How many close friends do you have? How many would you have in your ideal circumstances? By close friend, I mean someone who you regularly involve in your life and/or someone who you inform of the major events of your life. Include family members that you are willingly close to.
    This is a damned interesting question, if outright obvious one.
    Close friends: 1-5. Currently I'm unsure. There's lot of things happening right now.
    Close friends under ideal circumstances? 5. Practically, 1 is good. Practically, 3 close friends means much to do. Ideally, 5 tops, because more of friends wouldn't be close anymore. Ideally, perhaps less than 5, because being close to 5 at the same time means an awful lot of time just with friends and not anywhere else.

  3. #23
    You have a choice! 21%'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    2,630

    Default

    Family members: 3
    SO: 1
    Group of friends: 5

    So... 9?

    Ideally I'd like to be a bit closer to my group of friends, because there's probably only one very close, and the rest are more 'in the circle'.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

  4. #24
    girl with a pretty smile Honor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    This is a damned interesting question, if outright obvious one.
    Close friends: 1-5. Currently I'm unsure. There's lot of things happening right now.
    Close friends under ideal circumstances? 5. Practically, 1 is good. Practically, 3 close friends means much to do. Ideally, 5 tops, because more of friends wouldn't be close anymore. Ideally, perhaps less than 5, because being close to 5 at the same time means an awful lot of time just with friends and not anywhere else.
    I, too, have noticed that the more friends you have, especially when they know each other, how much more there is to do. The dynamic becomes exponentially more complicated in addition to just having more stuff to do in order to upkeep the friendship. I've found that in some ways, it's easier when you have one-on-one relationships with people as opposed to having a bunch of friends who all know each other.

  5. #25
    girl with a pretty smile Honor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    Family members: 3
    SO: 1
    Group of friends: 5

    So... 9?

    Ideally I'd like to be a bit closer to my group of friends, because there's probably only one very close, and the rest are more 'in the circle'.
    Ahhh, I love your username.

    When you say "in the circle" do you mean that you wouldn't confide a lot of information to these people but they know the same people as you and are generally connected to you?

  6. #26
    011235813
    Guest

    Default

    So there's my boyfriend, obviously, and my mom, grandma and stepdad. Also one of my aunts.
    About 10 CLOSE friends I know from school or college. I have many other good friends with whom I have great relationships, but we're not as intimate.

    I'm an introvert.

  7. #27
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    It is a variable factor. I have a small set of incredibly close friends that are reliable sources of contact. I am not the same for them. I drop off the radar so hard and so often I can't imagine how they perceive me.

  8. #28
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,586

    Default

    This is almost impossible for me to answer, which is kinda bizarre.

    I think it is because I am so accustomed to having friendships defined by the other person. I do have a strong need to connect in a meaningful way.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

    I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

  9. #29
    011235813
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    I am not the same for them. I drop off the radar so hard and so often I can't imagine how they perceive me.
    The same might be true for me too, actually, although I'm pretty sure people I consider close friends also regard me in the same light.

  10. #30
    You have a choice! 21%'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    2,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    Ahhh, I love your username.
    TY

    When you say "in the circle" do you mean that you wouldn't confide a lot of information to these people but they know the same people as you and are generally connected to you?
    We are a group of friends who met at university. I'm pretty close to one of the girls in the group, and we'd text casually almost every day. The rest I feel comfortable around and trust, but don't really keep close contact with. The whole group (or at least members who can make it) meet about once every month or so for lunch or dinner and 'catch up' then. We do have a group instant-messaging thing going on though.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Similar Threads

  1. MBTI and Enneagram types of your friends and family
    By Aphex in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-30-2014, 05:33 PM
  2. Funny & Inappropriate Stories of Friends and Accidents
    By CzeCze in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 05:23 PM
  3. Positive and Practical Uses of Type
    By ygolo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 03:25 AM
  4. "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" review...
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 03:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO