User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    This probably seems like an obvious question, but it may prove interesting anyway.

How many close friends do you have? How many would you have in your ideal circumstances? By close friend, I mean someone who you regularly involve in your life and/or someone who you inform of the major events of your life. Include family members that you are willingly close to.
    By the definition you listed, very few... maybe one? But I feel very close to a number of people who I see much more infrequently. Most of these folks are ones that I used to see weekly or more, but who have moved, started families, etc. and simply don't have the time to get together anymore. I'd include my family members in that second group, in that I don't really see/talk to them much. In that group, maybe ten total?

There are also a few people with whom I'm really basically out of touch at this point, but with whom I have been very close in the past, and at least as far as I'm concerned, still fit within that mold of "close friends forever". I may never speak to them again. But if I do, I'd immediately consider them "inside my walls", and share/trust details of my life with them that I don't share with casual/work/gym friends and acquaintances. Such things are forever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I would agree with most of the things said so far; I have a lot of friends whom I have known for varying lengths of time (known meaning spent time with consistently), who live far away or I don't see often, lots of friendly acquaintances, and a few people I see on a regular basis. All of those together would maybe equal...about 60 perhaps? I would love to have a group of friends I spent time with often, like twice a week or more, one on one or together, more random friends, and the more acquaintances the merrier. Minus acquaintances I have: maybe 20-25; minus family, maybe 15? I spend the most time with only about 5 people including my sister (not including my parents or my coven), and I feel lonely often.

Edit: I should count coworkers with whom I'm friendly. I talk to them a lot every day I work. Also my small coven. And I may have more people than I listed because I tend to forget people exist when I don't see them. That's one reason I like to see people a lot- I'm afraid they'll forget I exist, and then I feel like I don't.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    the important people in my life are a secure fact and i don't need to see them often to appreciate them.
    when i want to go out etc i want to have fun and often for me it's more important the event than the act of seeing my friends. i mean, if i want to go to a concert, then i'll call a friend that i know has similar tastes etc, but my main goal is to see concert (with company) not to see him/her (i enjoy their company though of course).

once in a while maybe i need a good conversation with a good friend, but this may be every two weeks or one month and i have a circle of good friends, so they switch.
    i don't know. it just is that i don't need to see close friends often in order to keep that feeling of closeness. they know i like them and i know they like me. knowing they're ok is the most important thing.
    Oh ok, interesting, because I'm super opposite from all of this! First of all, when I invite a friend to something, I definitely am inviting them for their company; they are the main event. If it was mostly about the actual event, I would just go by myself. And it's not that I care about people less if I don't see them anymore, but I don't feel real intimacy with people unless they are a part of my daily life. And most of my close friends are very similar, which makes sense, because otherwise there would be constant conflict, huh? Idk, maybe instinctual variants from enneagrams play a role in this? I also I think it might be because of the type of family that I grew up in...

But I do know people IRL who have a similar outlook on friendships as you. So, thanks for sharing

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i have more deep friendships than i could ever want actually...unfortunately they don't live here. i suppose i would just like a few that did.

that phrasing seems weird. i guess i mean...that the amount i have is good and i just wish i saw them more.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I have about 5 close friends and I'm fine with that. I don't feel a need to have more than that. Quality over quantity.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

3 close friends but an infinite number of acquaintances
    I really like cats and food.

4 or 5 close friends. I'd like loads of friends, but obviously I'm fine with the ones I have :P

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

I have about 5, and ideally I'd like about 10. Not counting family. My family is huge.
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Approximately the same.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    What type are you?

EDIT: Oops - I now see ESFJ