• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing animals

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hello everyone, I propose that we should render our MBTI complete by extending our typological analysis to animals. Let me kick us of with the following observations.

Cats-INFP, obvious, right? Reserved, moody, contemplative (so, N) and of course, disorganized and disloyal (unlike dogs)

Dogs-ESTJ (the opposite of cats, right?)

Elephants-INTP (cerebral creatures, no questions asked)

You do the rest.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
It will be an absurd game, even more absurd than typing humans without their consent.

All I can say is that despite the way we like to "humanize" them, cats are actually creatures with a very limited mental capacity, even amongst mammals.

Dogs, on the other hand are rather in the upper category, and elephantine intelligence might be on par with us. Elephants seem to have a perfect memory, and they are very empathetic and sociable animals (except for the occasional large solitary males).

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It will be an absurd game, even more absurd than typing humans without their consent.

All I can say is that despite the way we like to "humanize" them, cats are actually creatures with a very limited mental capacity, even amongst mammals.

Dogs, on the other hand are rather in the upper category, and elephantine intelligence might be on par with us. Elephants seem to have a perfect memory, and they are very empathetic and sociable animals (except for the occasional large solitary males).
Why do you diss cats? They have very different type of intelligence from humans. I think you may be measuring animal intelligence based on human bias which is a different sort of humanizing animals.

Anyway, horses are ISFJs and ISTJs.

Parrots may be ENFPs

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Charizard - ISTP
charizard.gif

Pikachu - ESFP
pikachu.gif

Mewtwo - INTJ
Mewtwo.png

Entei - INFJ
200px-244Entei.png

Tyranitar - ESTJ
248.png

Celebi - INFP
251.png

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Honey Badgers are STPs

Chimpanzees are ESFPs

Deer are ISFJs

Eagles are NTJs

Polar bears are INTPs

Turtles are ISTJs

Lizards are ENTPs

Dolphins are ENFPs

Giraffes are INFJs

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Octapii are also INTP

Fi-doms are difficult to pin down, but I think...
Chincillas are INFP

Prairie dogs are ISFP and ISFJ

Gorillas are ESTJs

Orangutans are NTPs

Raccoons are also STPs

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Absurdity is the essence of typology around here, isn't it?

Everywhere...I'm surprised that you want to type animals. To me, it's not a completion of typology, but a tacit acknowledgement of its weakness.
Animals try to survive. What does that have to do with extroversion/introversion? If almost all animal behavior is driven by necessity, how is I/E relevant?
Animals as thinkers? Animals can’t reason, at least not beyond a very rudimentary level.
Animals as feelers? Maybe, as they often live in social groups. But this would probably be different from how humans ‘feel’.
How would you know if an animal has intuition? Did your dog tell you that it just knows there is an afterlife, or that it has a hunch about another person or animal?
As for judging or perception, how would you know? Since you can only go by observation, how does behavior reveal this?
Bollox.

Mole

Permabanned
elephantine intelligence might be on par with us. Elephants seem to have a perfect memory, and they are very empathetic and sociable animals.

Elephants have mirror neurons, just like us, so they mirror one another, their movements and their feelings.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Wolverine INFP
Seal ISFP
Dolphin ESFP
Orca ESTP
Beaver INTJ
Spider INFJ
Mule ISTJ
Hen ESFJ
Ant ESTJ
Wolf ENTJ
Unicorn ENFP
Jackal ENTP
Lion ENFJ
Sasquatch ISTP
Crow INTP
Elephant ISFJ

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cats - IxFP (grace, sensuality, moodiness, love for their own rules, loving and protective of those they care for)
Dogs - ExTPs (pack mentality anyone? Tertiary Fe ftw! loyal, help their family, hunt together)
Elephants - ENFJ (wise, strong, matriarchy, the group = survival etc)
Badger - ISTP (fuck that snake, we'll see who eats who!)
Beaver - ISTJ (Let me build you a sturdy house, industrious, reliable)
Horse - ESFJ (cooperative, team player, industrious, herd animal)
Porcupine - INTP (forget about the rest of the world, I'll just go about my own business)
Lion - ENTJ (must rule the roost/world and have minions/harem to do my bidding)
Bunny - ISFJ (sweet, demure, cooperative, team player, secretly competitive and craaaazyyy in the sack :D)
Otter - ESFP (show-off, works with tools, water acrobat and utterly playful)
Deer - INFJ (grace, beauty, wisdom, frailty, somewhat distant and easily scared off)
Swan - ENFJ (regal, territorial, beauty, grace, mates for life)
Butterfly - ENFP (flits from flower to flower, goes from ugly caterpilar and eating a buffet of stuff to discovering who they truly are)
Owl - INTJ ( never see or hear him coming, looks at you weirdly, always seems up to something...:thelook:)
Bull - ESTJ ( get out of my way if you know what is good for you, hard workers, reliable, competent, strong)

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some cat purrsonality test loosely based on MBTI said Jack was like an ENTP.

You people are fucking me up, now.

[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] wins, so far. Awesome descriptions. :laugh:

G

Ginkgo

Jersey Devil - ESTP
Moth Man - INTJ
Reptilian - INTP
Chupacabra - ISTP
Mermaid - ENFP
Narwhal - INFP
The Ghost of Elvis Presley - ESFP

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually..I say we type plants next :coffee:

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
My laptop is ISFJ. Reliable, organized (more than me), loyal, but prone to sudden spectacular bursts of emotion and other irrational factors -especially when it overheats during summer-.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I've seen a chimp type. I don't think I've seen another animal do it, though.

I think there tends to be an under-rating of cat intelligence and an over-rating of dog intelligence by basing intelligence on obedience, compliance, and communication with humans. A similar and telling way people do this is with putting dog intelligence over wolves, though it turns that a wolf raised by humans out-performs dogs on certain tasks.

Of course, now that I'm on this topic (and this thread is silly anyhow) I'm going to complain about chimps. Chimps are over-rated and get too big a share of the scientific investment (which isn't a lot for animal intelligence studies to begin with). Clearly chimps demonstrate intelligence beyond most animals, but I don't like how they are compared to the other apes, as well as animals such as dolphins, elephants, certain parrots and certain corvids. I'm inclined to think chimps get a bonus just for being the closest relative to humans. We always make animal intelligence entirely about us.

Last edited:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

:dont: