First 2345614 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Gross.. people do this?
    Not the kind of people I like to associate with, but yes.

Every type has their tests. INFJ's especially have their tests. I have my tests. It just depends who is doing the testing and who is recieving. For example I'll tell a joke about pure capitalistic opportunism to test if they're some Fi reactive who's going to disapprove of my entrepreneurial spirit. Or I'll tell a girl she's "as attractive as a piece of shit", to see if she's the type to explode if I make one offhanded remark (which is often).

Anyway I don't want to deviate too far, but, aside from all the testing etc, I'm still wondering if Fi users appologize through actions and not through words. The only time I've heard an Fi user apologize in my life was when I yelled at my ESTJ father for not listening to me.

Through experience I've come to expect Fi users to apologize through their actions, and I wonder, from an Fi perspective, if this is true or if these people are just being douche tits and I've had a stroke of bad luck in making friends.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Gross.. people do this?
    Yep. Most people are more subtle, fortunately.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Yep. Most people are more subtle, fortunately.
    Yeah.. DJ made sense about people having various kinds of tests. And I mean, it's true.. I just couldn't fathom treating someone poorly just to see if they'd take it. I mean, at best, sure, it's a quick way to see if the guy is a doormat.. but couldn't observation serve the same purpose? At worst.. if the guy is a doormat.. he's got self value issues you're actively preying upon for your own benefit, & leaving him worse off than he was before. Overall it just seems like a really.. disgusting way to figure someone out. But yeah, I don't wanna derail the thread too much with this, so I'll leave it at that.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Yeah.. DJ made sense about people having various kinds of tests. And I mean, it's true.. I just couldn't fathom treating someone poorly just to see if they'd take it. I mean, at best, sure, it's a quick way to see if the guy is a doormat.. but couldn't observation serve the same purpose? At worst.. if the guy is a doormat.. he's got self value issues you're actively preying upon for your own benefit, & leaving him worse off than he was before. Overall it just seems like a really.. disgusting way to figure someone out. But yeah, I don't wanna derail the thread too much with this, so I'll leave it at that.
    Right. The only logical conclusion I could think of when she said that to me was, "is this guy gonna be someone I can take advantage of?"

The very fact that she was even QUESTIONING this, I found very revealing of her character and rather insulting. I'm hoping I left out an option that makes more sense and hints that she's a person who values other human beings.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Right. The only logical conclusion I could think of when she said that to me was, "is this guy gonna be someone I can take advantage of?"

The very fact that she was even QUESTIONING this, I found very revealing of her character and rather insulting.
    Like I said.. it is entirely possible she found this behavior benign. Perhaps she's accustomed to guys doing things for her when they express that they like her. Acts of service is one of those "love languages," & perhaps it's one of her primary ones. ESFP's aren't known for their deep introspection, generally- so she may not even be aware that this isn't just something that by default comes with the territory of courting behaviors; that it's more a quality she finds desirable or makes her feel cared for.

The best way to narrow down the possibilities is to ask her, & tell her how it made you feel. I hope you do that, so at least you don't have to wonder.

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I think women who get hit on a lot get kinda desensitized to the side effects of their tests. Also, the testing process isn't very conscious for most people, I believe.

Anyways, gotta sleep.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I think women who get hit on a lot get kinda desensitized to the side effects. Also, the testing process isn't very conscious for most people, I believe.

Anyways, gotta sleep.
    your avatar + that smiley = lmao

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I think women who get hit on a lot get kinda desensitized to the side effects of their tests. Also, the testing process isn't very conscious for most people, I believe.

Yeah.. I have some trust issues, & I'm trying to bring to mind specific instances where I've been testing someone to determine just how much I can trust them, etc. Hard to come up with specifics. Not that I'm hit on a lot. Unconscious, indeed- either way.

Anyways, gotta sleep.

Sleep is for the weak & the pregnant. . . but I'll overlook it this time.
    *holds back judgement*

your avatar + that smiley = lmao
    that damned avatar has always been creepy to me, hah.

MBTI
    INTJ

A: "can you throw this away for me?"
    B: "I sure can! But I'm a little busy right now. Could you hold onto it for me?"
    A: "Gah! I'll do it myself."
    B: "Wow, you're super. Sorry I couldn't help out."
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Well there was more to it than that. First I glared at her for 3 whole seconds. Then I looked at the plate. Then I cursed and said, "Because I"m such a nice fucking guy." and left.

I feel like, if anyone has a pair of eyes and a brain they'd know what just happened.
    Which one are you missing?

So, after learning some socionics, I've learned that Fi often ASSUMES the internal state of other people, while Fe needs to hear it in an objective fashion.
    Which one are you employing in this instance?

I looked at her feeling pain from what she said, and responded, "because I'm such a nice fucking guy." I took her tray and threw it out for her and didn't speak to her for a month.
    I'm puzzled why you find her request "painful", but do it anyway. Both things are...puzzling.
    Now you're angry because you feel like you've made yourself into her little bitch, but hey, you kind of did. And sulking about it is pretty dumb.

She started to realize that I had no intention of speaking to her ever again. I door slammed her. She started getting upset and anytime I was near she'd look at me a lot and make faces of concern. I don't know what emotion it was specifically. Some sort of remorse, guilt, something.
    Ima go with "something".

So now I'm wondering, is she actually sorry? Do Fi users need to appologize? Or should I just assume it?
    She has nothing to apologise for. She asked you to do something for her. You did it. Then you threw a tantrum. She's probably waiting for you to apologise/grow up.

Am I wrong to attribute this to Fi/Fe difference?
    Yes.
    or am I just dealing with people who don't care about what I think?
    Seems like a safe conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.