User Tag List

First 111920212223 Last

Results 201 to 210 of 245

  1. #201
    Senior Member Forever_Jung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    you're missing the point. i don't give a shit what your definition is.

    are you trying to say that due to our differing definitions you are allowed to behave like a child?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI-HHf2Ae3U&t=2m26s

  2. #202
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    it wouldn't play for me??
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  3. #203
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    wow...okay why the misdirection? it is so not important.

    children do not have the intellectual or emotional maturity to express themselves through language. they do not have the capacity for self reflection or empathy. they do not have the life experience to grasp the intricacy of interpersonal relationships.
    Ok, see what you don't understand is that my introspective capacity is severely limited. And what you don't understand is that my ability to express my emotions is on the level of Senator Phil Davison (lol). And what you don't understand is that this is how my brain works. When my feelings are hurt, I don't realize it until half an hour has passed by.

    adult brains should have matured to the point that they are capable of communicating their needs effectively without resorting to childish acts out of frustration.
    um, adult ENFP brains such as yours?

    I am explicitely incapable of such a task without great difficulty.


    we can all be childish and imperfect communicators...and as adults we ought to realize that and aim to fix it.

    that's all. adults take responsibility for their part and try to communicate to the best of their ability to resolve it....that's it..that's what i mean. you don't cut people out...you communicate.
    Ok. So an adult would have approached her and said "what's the deal?"

    Well, unfortunately you haven't lived my life, where I've been doing that for the last 25 years. It doesn't work. People say whatever they can to get you out of their face. Its not worth the effort anymore. I have a series of best friends who understand me. As I'm not in a begging position to make friends anymore, I could care less what others think, and I door slam. The energy to maintain these friendships takes too much time and energy for me to deal with.

    If you disagree with this life philosophy, then this is where you and I are different.

  4. #204
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    For some reason I feel like every bit of feedback you just gave me was projection and criticism that you give yourself in secret.

    "stop acting like a child and confront her."


    HELLO, HAVE YOU SEEN MY PERSONALITY TYPE? HAVE YOU MET ME IN PERSON WHERE I CAN NEVER BE BANNED FOR WHAT I SAY?

  5. #205
    Senior Member Forever_Jung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    it wouldn't play for me??
    It's @DJ Arendee's youtube channel. I linked to a specific point in a video where he says ENFP's aren't going to try to understand the words he's choosing. As a Ti user, he's using very precise words. Then he goes on to talk about differing definitions and misunderstandings with ENFP's. It's funny, I was just listening out of curiousity, because the video is about distinguishing INFP's and ENFP's, and as I changed back to this tab, I saw your exchange. I figured that's why he's labouring over definitions so much. Seemed too perfect to be a coincidence.

    Anyway, as you were everyone, just popping in.

  6. #206
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    It's @DJ Arendee's youtube channel. I linked to a specific point in a video where he says ENFP's aren't going to try to understand the words he's choosing. As a Ti user, he's using very precise words. Then he goes on to talk about differing definitions and misunderstandings with ENFP's. It's funny, I was just listening out of curiousity, because the video is about distinguishing INFP's and ENFP's, and as I changed back to this tab, I saw your exchange. I figured that's why he's labouring over definitions so much. Seemed too perfect to be a coincidence.

    Anyway, as you were everyone, just popping in.
    Thank you for noticing. If I wanted to be a child I wouldn't have asked you your definition of "adult," and simply assumed you were just trolling.

    Unless you are, in which case, carry on.

  7. #207
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Ok, see what you don't understand is that my introspective capacity is severely limited. And what you don't understand is that my ability to express my emotions is on the level of Senator Phil Davison. And what you don't understand is that this is how my brain works. When my feelings are hurt, I don't realize it until half an hour has passed by.



    um, adult ENFP brains such as yours?

    I am explicitely incapable of such a task without great difficulty.




    Ok. So an adult would have approached her and said "what's the deal?"

    Well, unfortunately you haven't lived my life, where I've been doing that for the last 25 years. It doesn't work. People say whatever they can to get you out of their face. Its not worth the effort anymore. I have a series of best friends who understand me. As I'm not in a begging position to make friends anymore, I could care less what others think, and I door slam. The energy to maintain these friendships takes too much time and energy for me to deal with.

    If you disagree with this life philosophy, then this is where you and I are different.
    absolutely you have the right to decide you don't like someone and don't care to spend time with them etc.

    but...this was a girl you liked for 5 months as a friend or whatever and you cut her out rather then communicate with her. so you need someone to show you they'll do whatever it takes to make a relationship work but you're not willing to do that and i'll tell ya what...that will never be enough. it will always have to be both people in a relationship equally doing whatever it takes.

    so...start by not expecting what you're not willing to give.

    and...of course everyone has issues communicating in one way or another...i can be the worst. i'm sx/sp so i can pull and then PUSH...very hard. until i have a moment of clarity...and my mature brain kicks in a bit.

    learning to communicate is a worthwhile process tho and i would think most people on this "typology" forum at least care somewhat.

    so all i'm saying is work on yourself...care enough to get better at communicating the things that are hard for you and try a lil harder with people instead of pushing away would be friends so easily.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  8. #208
    Senior Member Forever_Jung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Thank you for noticing. If I wanted to be a child I wouldn't have asked you your definition of "adult," and simply assumed you were just trolling.

    Unless you are, in which case, carry on.
    Wait...that second part was addressed at Lady, right?

    I only ask because grammatically, it sounds like you're addressing me. However, in the context of this thread, it seems unlikely. I worry I am missing something.

    If it was directed at me, I'll try to respond.

    Edit: And I'm not being persnickety about grammar to annoy you. I normally don't care about that stuff. But you have to admit, it's pretty confusing to refer to two different people by the same pronoun in adjacent sentences.

  9. #209
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    For some reason I feel like every bit of feedback you just gave me was projection and criticism that you give yourself in secret.

    "stop acting like a child and confront her."


    HELLO, HAVE YOU SEEN MY PERSONALITY TYPE? HAVE YOU MET ME IN PERSON WHERE I CAN NEVER BE BANNED FOR WHAT I SAY?
    umm..what? are you serious?

    fuck it then...i was actually trying to be helpful. you think everyones out to get you. that's another problem you ought to look at.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  10. #210
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Wait...that second part was addressed at Lady, right?

    I only ask because grammatically, it sounds like you're addressing me. However, in the context of this thread, it seems unlikely. I worry I am missing something.

    If it was directed at me, I'll try to respond.

    Edit: And I'm not being persnickety about grammar to annoy you. I normally don't care about that stuff. But you have to admit, it's pretty confusing to refer to two different people by the same pronoun in adjacent sentences.
    no that was directed at lady

Similar Threads

  1. [Fi] For weary Fi-users
    By Amargith in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-20-2014, 12:15 PM
  2. Fi users and self righteous indignation
    By Walking Tourist in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2011, 11:17 PM
  3. [Fi] 2 Kinds of Fi users
    By Elfboy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 09:41 PM
  4. [Fi] Fi users
    By INTPness in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 06:17 AM
  5. [Fi] Fi users: Tell me the good things???
    By sculpting in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 05:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO