• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You Know You're a Perceiver IF...

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A TeFi user is very reasonable in all situations. If he or she has a bad day and goes vertigo, becomes subjective and unreasonably, he or she will most prolly excuse him- or herself the moment the waves have calmed down, which will be pretty soon. Besides that you can always reason with the most assertive Te types, if the arguement you hold is valid.

A FiTe type tho, is super subjective. It is very unlike that he or she has the possibility to accept any different views of the world than their own. If he or she goes vertigo on you, all reason, that would appeal to the Te side, would be lost. Its only the Fi reigning upon you and telling you to do the things exactly her or his way or the highway.

Depends all on the person and their cognitive development, I just wanted to point out that Te or Fe are not the only two functions that participate in the outer world communication; Many people speak out of pure Ti or Fi as well.

Oh yes. Agreed....it makes sense when I go back and read it now lol.

W

WALMART

I woke the same, as any other day except a voice was in my head.

It said seize the day, pull the trigger and drop the blade, and watch the rolling heads.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
... demanding answers or putting up questions, isnt what lets you feel free.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A TeFi user is very reasonable in all situations. If he or she has a bad day and goes vertigo, becomes subjective and unreasonably, he or she will most prolly excuse him- or herself the moment the waves have calmed down, which will be pretty soon. Besides that you can always reason with the most assertive Te types, if the arguement you hold is valid.

A FiTe type tho, is super subjective. It is very unlike that he or she has the possibility to accept any different views of the world than their own. If he or she goes vertigo on you, all reason, that would appeal to the Te side, would be lost. Its only the Fi reigning upon you and telling you to do the things exactly her or his way or the highway.

Depends all on the person and their cognitive development, I just wanted to point out that Te or Fe are not the only two functions that participate in the outer world communication; Many people speak out of pure Ti or Fi as well.
I agree with the last sentence, and the rest sounds plausible for a lot of people; but I think what is responsible for making someone act like the J version of their type is an extraverted judging function. This is actually shown in your comment. When an Fi-Te user goes off on someone, they are using Te but in service to Fi. They will rarely be able to effectively do it the other way around because of their function order. They can effectively use Te, but in accordance with their values, personal goals, personal motivation, etc. This is particularly the case with IXFP's because Te is the inferior. When the inferior function is triggered, they can be very Te- but a rather unhealthy version of a Te type because they are in an unhealthy state of mind. INFP's shadow type is ESTJ, and ENFP's shadow type is ISTJ. They could act like an FJ at times by accessing shadow Fe.

This is JCF and not MBTI I just realized, but I think the systems go together because they explain each other. What makes an ENFP act like an ENFJ? Either using a feeling function in the way an ENFJ would, or acting like an ENTJ and just combining the letters. Switching types means switching functions. J in the MBTI sense is about lifestyle, about affecting the external environment. Extroversion in general is more just interaction (Pe), but the J part has a specific connotation of interaction with the intent to change; this is done with a judging function not a perceiving function. You could argue that INTP's use primarily their introverted judging function to change the world, but in order to get their thoughts out of their heads and solve problems, they need Fe in order to detect and respond to an audience, and Te in order to structure their thoughts; similarly they need Te to have the practical skills necessary to work with computers or whatever they do.

Anyway, this is what I think it makes sense.

Are you trying to say that Fi is responsible for and Fi-Te user acting like a J?

*Also yeah, sorry you're sick [MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION]!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I agree with the last sentence, and the rest sounds plausible for a lot of people; but I think what is responsible for making someone act like the J version of their type is an extraverted judging function. This is actually shown in your comment. When an Fi-Te user goes off on someone, they are using Te but in service to Fi. They will rarely be able to effectively do it the other way around because of their function order. They can effectively use Te, but in accordance with their values, personal goals, personal motivation, etc. This is particularly the case with IXFP's because Te is the inferior. When the inferior function is triggered, they can be very Te- but a rather unhealthy version of a Te type because they are in an unhealthy state of mind. INFP's shadow type is ESTJ, and ENFP's shadow type is ISTJ. They could act like an FJ at times by accessing shadow Fe.

This is JCF and not MBTI I just realized, but I think the systems go together because they explain each other. What makes an ENFP act like an ENFJ? Either using a feeling function in the way an ENFJ would, or acting like an ENTJ and just combining the letters. Switching types means switching functions. J in the MBTI sense is about lifestyle, about affecting the external environment. Extroversion in general is more just interaction (Pe), but the J part has a specific connotation of interaction with the intent to change; this is done with a judging function not a perceiving function. You could argue that INTP's use primarily their introverted judging function to change the world, but in order to get their thoughts out of their heads and solve problems, they need Fe in order to detect and respond to an audience, and Te in order to structure their thoughts; similarly they need Te to have the practical skills necessary to work with computers or whatever they do.

Are you trying to say that Fi is responsible for and Fi-Te user acting like a J?

*Also yeah, sorry you're sick @Mal+!

Your problem is that you see T as the one graspable, mathematical function, while F for you encompasses all things subjectively emotional. F tho is as rational as a T function, it needs time tho to understand that. If you ever are lucky to make that experience in life, you will more easily understand what I am talking about. If not, F will stay a mystery to you, cause F people do not explain themselves

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

*Also yeah, sorry you're sick [MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION]!

Thanks GF. Thankfully I only missed two days of work last week because of it. If anybody wonders why I'm not around the forum very often, I'm either at work, watching a movie, or playing candy crush (stuck on level 38).

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your problem is that you see T as the one graspable, mathematical function, while F for you encompasses all things subjectively emotional. F tho is as rational as a T function, it needs time tho to understand that. If you ever are lucky to make that experience in life, you will more easily understand what I am talking about. If not, F will stay a mystery to you, cause F people do not explain themselves

I don't think so because I specifically said either Te or Fe. Just an extraverted judging function in general makes a person j-like.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks GF. Thankfully I only missed two days of work last week because of it. If anybody wonders why I'm not around the forum very often, I'm either at work, watching a movie, or playing candy crush (stuck on level 38).

I almost forgot to mention, I'm also reading lots of Jung.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
You know you're a perceiver if you make a thread, and end up debating something off topic for the entirety of said thread.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"The superior function is always the expression of the conscious personality, its aim, its will, and its achievement, whilst the inferior functions belong to the things that happen to one. Not that they merely beget blunders, e.g., lapsus linguae or lapsus calami, but they may also breed half or three-quarter resolves, since the inferior functions also possess a slight degree of consciousness. The extraverted feeling type is a classical example of this, for he enjoys an excellent feeling rapport with his entourage, yet occasionally opinions of an incomparable tactlessness will just happen to him. These opinions have their source in his inferior and subconscious thinking, which is only partly subject to control and is insufficiently related to the object ; to a large extent, therefore, it can operate without consideration or responsibility."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So nobody knows why Jung put "inferior functionS" as plural here?

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So you think that the extroverted and introverted functions have a push-pull effect, like the persona and the anima/animus? I don't think that is necessarily true because they are supposed to work together, and the things you are suggesting in the OP seem to imply that they undermine each other. If they have opposite attitudes and inclinations they should be in conflict. In an ENFP for example, it's not the Fi which causes them to appear like a J, it's the Te. Fi is a judging function, and so reigns in Ne, but their goals are complimentary and not in conflict. Sometimes the introverted function which works with the extroverted function as primary or auxiliary rationalizes and justifies excess.

I don't know, you may be on to something- I'll think about it. But these are my thoughts right now.

Thank you for this very important point, the bolded part is something that a lot of people miss when comparing IPs and IJs, since IPs are Ji dominant some assume this makes them more J like than EPs but this is not true(vice versa for IJs and EJs). Myers rightfully associated J types and their stereotypical behavioral traits to Je and Pi because Si and Ni as a functional preferences are adverse to novel situations that the Pi user has had little experiential associations to build off. This usually makes IJs pretty cautious and deliberate and very much the opposite of the more spontaneous and risk-taking EPs.

Ji dominance does not usually coincide with predictability with outward world that is associated with most J types, it often leads to a highly iconoclastic approach to ideas and beliefs. Ji can lead to stubbornness when a P type's personal beliefs are challenged but this often manifests itself in rebellious and individualistic tendencies(or endless online arguments), not rigid daily routines and outward organization. IPs are not as spontaneous and novelty seeking as EPs but they are more passive, indecisive, and easygoing and these are equally considered to be P traits.

Basically IJs are the functional opposites of EPs and IPs are the functional opposites of EJs since perception and judgement is so different when oriented towards introversion(ideas, personal beliefs, ect) or extroversion(external application, social environment, ect). I mean EJs are usually considered the upholders of the status quo(within a specific group) while IPs are more the live and let live nonconformist.