Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    A TeFi user is very reasonable in all situations. If he or she has a bad day and goes vertigo, becomes subjective and unreasonably, he or she will most prolly excuse him- or herself the moment the waves have calmed down, which will be pretty soon. Besides that you can always reason with the most assertive Te types, if the arguement you hold is valid.

A FiTe type tho, is super subjective. It is very unlike that he or she has the possibility to accept any different views of the world than their own. If he or she goes vertigo on you, all reason, that would appeal to the Te side, would be lost. Its only the Fi reigning upon you and telling you to do the things exactly her or his way or the highway.

Depends all on the person and their cognitive development, I just wanted to point out that Te or Fe are not the only two functions that participate in the outer world communication; Many people speak out of pure Ti or Fi as well.
    Oh yes. Agreed....it makes sense when I go back and read it now lol.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

WALMART

I woke the same, as any other day except a voice was in my head.

It said seize the day, pull the trigger and drop the blade, and watch the rolling heads.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

... demanding answers or putting up questions, isnt what lets you feel free.

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

A TeFi user is very reasonable in all situations. If he or she has a bad day and goes vertigo, becomes subjective and unreasonably, he or she will most prolly excuse him- or herself the moment the waves have calmed down, which will be pretty soon. Besides that you can always reason with the most assertive Te types, if the arguement you hold is valid.

A FiTe type tho, is super subjective. It is very unlike that he or she has the possibility to accept any different views of the world than their own. If he or she goes vertigo on you, all reason, that would appeal to the Te side, would be lost. Its only the Fi reigning upon you and telling you to do the things exactly her or his way or the highway.

Depends all on the person and their cognitive development, I just wanted to point out that Te or Fe are not the only two functions that participate in the outer world communication; Many people speak out of pure Ti or Fi as well.
    I agree with the last sentence, and the rest sounds plausible for a lot of people; but I think what is responsible for making someone act like the J version of their type is an extraverted judging function. This is actually shown in your comment. When an Fi-Te user goes off on someone, they are using Te but in service to Fi. They will rarely be able to effectively do it the other way around because of their function order. They can effectively use Te, but in accordance with their values, personal goals, personal motivation, etc. This is particularly the case with IXFP's because Te is the inferior. When the inferior function is triggered, they can be very Te- but a rather unhealthy version of a Te type because they are in an unhealthy state of mind. INFP's shadow type is ESTJ, and ENFP's shadow type is ISTJ. They could act like an FJ at times by accessing shadow Fe.

This is JCF and not MBTI I just realized, but I think the systems go together because they explain each other. What makes an ENFP act like an ENFJ? Either using a feeling function in the way an ENFJ would, or acting like an ENTJ and just combining the letters. Switching types means switching functions. J in the MBTI sense is about lifestyle, about affecting the external environment. Extroversion in general is more just interaction (Pe), but the J part has a specific connotation of interaction with the intent to change; this is done with a judging function not a perceiving function. You could argue that INTP's use primarily their introverted judging function to change the world, but in order to get their thoughts out of their heads and solve problems, they need Fe in order to detect and respond to an audience, and Te in order to structure their thoughts; similarly they need Te to have the practical skills necessary to work with computers or whatever they do.

Anyway, this is what I think it makes sense.

Are you trying to say that Fi is responsible for and Fi-Te user acting like a J?

*Also yeah, sorry you're sick @Mal+!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I agree with the last sentence, and the rest sounds plausible for a lot of people; but I think what is responsible for making someone act like the J version of their type is an extraverted judging function. This is actually shown in your comment. When an Fi-Te user goes off on someone, they are using Te but in service to Fi. They will rarely be able to effectively do it the other way around because of their function order. They can effectively use Te, but in accordance with their values, personal goals, personal motivation, etc. This is particularly the case with IXFP's because Te is the inferior. When the inferior function is triggered, they can be very Te- but a rather unhealthy version of a Te type because they are in an unhealthy state of mind. INFP's shadow type is ESTJ, and ENFP's shadow type is ISTJ. They could act like an FJ at times by accessing shadow Fe.

This is JCF and not MBTI I just realized, but I think the systems go together because they explain each other. What makes an ENFP act like an ENFJ? Either using a feeling function in the way an ENFJ would, or acting like an ENTJ and just combining the letters. Switching types means switching functions. J in the MBTI sense is about lifestyle, about affecting the external environment. Extroversion in general is more just interaction (Pe), but the J part has a specific connotation of interaction with the intent to change; this is done with a judging function not a perceiving function. You could argue that INTP's use primarily their introverted judging function to change the world, but in order to get their thoughts out of their heads and solve problems, they need Fe in order to detect and respond to an audience, and Te in order to structure their thoughts; similarly they need Te to have the practical skills necessary to work with computers or whatever they do.

Are you trying to say that Fi is responsible for and Fi-Te user acting like a J?

Your problem is that you see T as the one graspable, mathematical function, while F for you encompasses all things subjectively emotional. F tho is as rational as a T function, it needs time tho to understand that. If you ever are lucky to make that experience in life, you will more easily understand what I am talking about. If not, F will stay a mystery to you, cause F people do not explain themselves
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post

Thanks GF. Thankfully I only missed two days of work last week because of it. If anybody wonders why I'm not around the forum very often, I'm either at work, watching a movie, or playing candy crush (stuck on level 38).
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Your problem is that you see T as the one graspable, mathematical function, while F for you encompasses all things subjectively emotional. F tho is as rational as a T function, it needs time tho to understand that. If you ever are lucky to make that experience in life, you will more easily understand what I am talking about. If not, F will stay a mystery to you, cause F people do not explain themselves
    I don't think so because I specifically said either Te or Fe. Just an extraverted judging function in general makes a person j-like.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Thanks GF. Thankfully I only missed two days of work last week because of it. If anybody wonders why I'm not around the forum very often, I'm either at work, watching a movie, or playing candy crush (stuck on level 38).
    I almost forgot to mention, I'm also reading lots of Jung.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

You know you're a perceiver if you make a thread, and end up debating something off topic for the entirety of said thread.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"The superior function is always the expression of the conscious personality, its aim, its will, and its achievement, whilst the inferior functions belong to the things that happen to one. Not that they merely beget blunders, e.g., lapsus linguae or lapsus calami, but they may also breed half or three-quarter resolves, since the inferior functions also possess a slight degree of consciousness. The extraverted feeling type is a classical example of this, for he enjoys an excellent feeling rapport with his entourage, yet occasionally opinions of an incomparable tactlessness will just happen to him. These opinions have their source in his inferior and subconscious thinking, which is only partly subject to control and is insufficiently related to the object ; to a large extent, therefore, it can operate without consideration or responsibility."