User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

All this talk about eating has made it impossible for me to continue to ignore my hunger. Now I'm going to have to eat something, but not an introvert or an extrovert from the inside or the outside. Unless it is the slaughtered carcass of an introverted or extroverted pig, chicken, cow, or fish. Although I may decide, instead, to have a bowl of cereal . . .

I'm not sure how you'd tell with cereal. By the picture on the box? That would make the yummy but horrible for you cereals extroverts and the good for you but boring cereals introverts and all the SPs would, unfairly, be Wheaties. That's just mean.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    All this talk about eating has made it impossible for me to continue to ignore my hunger.
    So why not try a delicious papaya, filled with lemon juice and blueberries, drizzled with yogurt.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    So why not try a delicious papaya, filled with lemon juice and blueberries, drizzled with yogurt.
    I'm not sure if I like papaya. I dislike either it or pasion fruit but I can't remember which. The one that is really acidic does not taste good to me.

Blueberries and yogurt are good, but does the lemon juice curdle the yogurt?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

extraverts are usually more assertive, which might seem like aggressiveness in certain situations
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Aggressive? Have you ever met ENFP? I'd hardly call those guys aggressive...

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    All of us are cannibals.
    Yes, this is true, but we don't eat our bodies, we eat our minds, because we are inter-subjective animals.

Don't you think it's strange that although we don't have big claws and teeth, we are the most powerful animal on the planet?

And we are the most powerful because we are the only animal that has evoved inter-subjectivity.

At this very moment you and I are sharing inter-subjectivity, across time and space, across the whole globe, and sharing our inter-subjectivity with other members and guests.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Yes, this is true, but we don't eat our bodies, we eat our minds, because we are inter-subjective animals.

Don't you think it's strange that although we don't have big claws and teeth, we are the most powerful animal on the planet?

And we are the most powerful because we are the only animal that has evoved inter-subjectivity.

At this very moment you and I are sharing inter-subjectivity, across time and space, across the whole globe, and sharing our inter-subjectivity with other members and guests.
    We are powerful cannibals that run the world.
    I really like cats and food.

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I'm not sure if I like papaya. I dislike either it or pasion fruit but I can't remember which. The one that is really acidic does not taste good to me.

Blueberries and yogurt are good, but does the lemon juice curdle the yogurt?
    I really dislike papaya and passion fruit. Papaya's too soft and passion fruit's too sweet. I agree with you about blueberries and yogurt though. Maybe use lemon glaze instead of lemon juice. Add granola for the best experience!
    I really like cats and food.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    We are powerful cannibals that run the world.
    We do. And we have rituals that empathise this, such as eating the body and blood in communion, and even eating together round a common table, where we share, not only the delicious food, but also our delicious conversation.

And it wasn't so long ago that we practised blood sacrifice where we consumed the sacrifice afterwards.

But inter-subjectivity has its dangers. Deception, for instance, works. And we keep are friends close, and our enemies even closer. So no wonder we are afraid of intimacy, and find all kinds of ways to create distance.

What do you think would be a safe distance from me?

The only thing I fear about extroverts is that their ways will rub off on me - that is I would become someone fundamentally dependent on constant human contact who inevitably would place the content of the conversation second to the base need to have one. I would also be someone with no concept of personal space, a poor understanding that others may not want to talk to them and an overriding belief that if you are sitting there quietly in your thoughts then you must be planning to kill everyone in the room. You can't possibly be thinking of something else nor thinking about something completely unrelated or removed from them.

They are scary in that to me they represent what my life would be like if it went wrong.

/end passive aggressive rant.