User Tag List

First 678910 Last

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I thought everyone knew that!
    I figure that, since INTJs do know everything, that it's not actually the case that dropping the I piece down a narrow corridor nets you a Tetris (the game's namesake) and clears four lines in a row.

Like, somehow, that's not actually true.

Permabanned

ESTP: I like them but too extroverted and shallow
    ISTP: Tend to be hit or miss. Really rolling the dice on this one never know what you are going to get. Sometimes too shy or too weird or too intense.
    ESTJ: not laid back enough
    ISTJ: Not enough adventure
    ESFP: Same problem with estp but worse
    ISFP: Weirdly lazy and not logical enough
    ESFJ: Not rebel enough. Not logical enough.
    ISFJ: Been there done that. Too traditional and crap.
    ENFJ: Too positive for me looks cheesy
    INFJ: I like them but too spiritual. Choosing spiritual logic over real logic rubs me the wrong way.
    ENTP: Never met a girl one but I hated the guy ENTP I knew. Too slimy. Flawed logic. And probably too extroverted for me.
    INTP: Never met one but probably not rebel enough or adventurous.
    ENTJ: Most likely too intense not laid back enough but I like their logicalness
    INTJ: I am already socially awkward enough as it is. Also not adventurous enough.
    ENFP: Could work but I doubt it. Haven't jumped at the chance yet.
    INFP: Too stuck in la la land. Just not my type.

So yea I'm basically stuck with rolling the dice on other ISTPs. Although I do test the waters with INFJs and ESTPs too.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    INTP: Never met one but probably not rebel enough or adventurous.

Bull. Sometimes I drink milk even though I'm mildly lactose intolerant. Born to be mild!
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes Mane liked this post

I think I hate all the types...

Hmm. I think of ISFJs as being whiny pushovers.
    IXTPs as being neck beards on 4chan.
    ESFPs as being hedonistic and all-in-all lame.
    INFXs as being indecisive and yeah, whiny.
    INTJs as being elitists.
    I don't feel like listing anymore.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Bull. Sometimes I drink milk even though I'm mildly lactose intolerant. Born to be mild!
    I usually think of INTP's to be very rebellious.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

For me, MBTI type doesn't really bother me too much on who I'd like to date. All depends on the person. I like fun, energetic, positive people with a bit of substance to them. Plus, who doesn't love a challenge?

Saying that though, I'd absolutely love to date an INFJ. I actually had a shot at one not too long ago, but stayed loyal to my ESFP girlfriend at the time. Not too heartbroken over my decision, but damn, looking back now, seemed like a once in a lifetime opportunity. It's hard to find that genuine kindness and need for authenticity while still making each day worthwhile and exciting with a lot of other personality types. ENFPs too would be a likely candidate, they just seem to "get it" with me and vice versa.

The only types I would generally avoid are SJs. Can't really see us clicking too well in the long term on the relationship front. I think I have enough Si in my life already without needing to nurture it any further.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by James W View Post
    For me, MBTI type doesn't really bother me too much on who I'd like to date. All depends on the person. I like fun, energetic, positive people with a bit of substance to them. Plus, who doesn't love a challenge?

Saying that though, I'd absolutely love to date an INFJ. I actually had a shot at one not too long ago, but stayed loyal to my ESFP girlfriend at the time. Not too heartbroken over my decision, but damn, looking back now, seemed like a once in a lifetime opportunity. It's hard to find that genuine kindness and need for authenticity while still making each day worthwhile and exciting with a lot of other personality types. ENFPs too would be a likely candidate, they just seem to "get it" with me and vice versa.

The only types I would generally avoid are SJs. Can't really see us clicking too well in the long term on the relationship front. I think I have enough Si in my life already without needing to nurture it any further.
    So you wouldn't consider ESTJs at all?

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I'd like to try my luck with an INTJ once.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    So you wouldn't consider ESTJs at all?
    Not particularly, no. I understand the principle behind the idea, Socionics and dual types and whatnot. I sympathize and respect their level of stability in many ways so that society doesn't become one giant clusterfuck of anarchy and ESTPs killing each other for "Emperor of the Universe" status. But in a romantic sense? Just doesn't appeal to me.

Maybe it's because I have a resentment of Si. It's my least preferred of the functions. When I think of Si, the phrase "comfortable stagnation" comes to mind. The only use I have for it these days is through physical exercise and a high protein diet, which I'm ashamed to say I get a huge kick out of. Someone with high Ne/Se sounds much more appealing to me. Maybe it's a type 4 thing. Being an emotional masochist and all.

Yolo.

I think you got it lucky with ESFPs being the INTJ's dual type. Those chicks know how to have a good time. Plus, they have a surprising amount of love for sarcastic wit and objective knowledge. *nudge nudge*

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I can't really deal with the FPs, particularly the xSFPs. The Fi+Te mix is just too toxic to me. They can get too carried away with their idealism and their vision of the world and how it should be vs the ugly truth of the world. We always end up clashing rather badly. I know only one ENFP whom I get along with well, but that is due to a combination of restraint on my part and a lot of hard life lessons on his.

I get along with ISTPs and INTPs very, very well. I like those guys because they're such amazing conversationalists. When they know a thing, they know it inside and out, and picking their brain is such an adventure. I could listen to their info-dumps for days.

Finding other NFJs is a really special thing for me. We understand each other. There's no judgement. They know where I'm coming from and I know where they're coming from.

NTJs can be a challenge, but a rewarding one, if they've learned how to mellow and not try to control everything or project too much.

The SJs -- part of me likes them, part of me doesn't. Superficially we get along and I feel like we understand each other, but then, it's like we take one step too far into understanding each other and some line gets crossed. Then this rift is formed, and they get offended, or I get offended. I have to keep them at arm's length, for the most part -- which gets complicated, because there are so many of them.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.