• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Blatant discrimination: your favorite and least favorite MBTI types of mate

CourtneyJD

MBTI Type
ENxP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
me too

:laugh: i'm pretty sure i had the exact same relationship.

It was gloriously fun was it not? :happy2: We got literally nothing done. Ever. Although we did write some killer harmonies for some acoustic rock songs.

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here are some more things that bug me about dating an INFP.

Terrible sense of humor, because their humor always has to serve some "cause".

Want "what's best" for me regardless of what I actually want, despite me having told them this 5 zillion times. For all their supposed empathy, they do a remarkably shitty job of listening and assume they know you better than you know yourself.

Complain about my messiness despite the fact they always have to clear shit off their bed before they can sleep on it.

Can't keep promises.

Judgemental, always dismissing others based on the stupidest, most arbitrary shit imaginable. This judgemental attitude towards others is really odd coming from a type that claims to be empathetic.

Are always trying to "make me a better person"' (i.e., make me more like them) regardless of what actually works for me and what I need.

Will nag me about something if I don't want to do what they want me to do, but insist that "it's your decision".

Hmm, I think I'll want to stay away from INFPs in the future.

Are you sure these ladies are infps?

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
least : ESTJs by a mile. Good thing there are only a few in the world...DOH !
Usually very self-righteous and all too often they don't even know about the existence of intuition + tendency to consider every emotion as weak, yet they make the most important decisions on sentiment + They judge on face value.
There's thinking in and outside the box. Well, ESTJs simply are the box.
Only lately in my life I've come across ESTJs I get along with, instead of becoming their archenemy on 1st sight.

Favorite : Everything P.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTP: Love them- but they are little bastards, you know. They are brilliant. I respect them so much and also want to kick their asses on a regular basis.

You can imagine how many times my gf says, "I hate you," "How about I just punch you in the face instead?," "Have I mentioned how much I hate you today?" "STFU" Me: "yeah I got my ass kicked by a boxer at the gym today" her: "GOOD"

Awww, but at the end of the day, she wuuuvs me (ironically, she's an ENTP as well, but I out-ENTP her).

ESTP - Will steal your shit
ESTJ - Jägerbomb
ESFP - Tee hee, I suck a lot of dicks
ISTP - You gonna get stuck with the bag, son
ISTJ - Square squared
ISFJ - Please give me more work sir / I can't believe I am the only one here that works :'(
ENFJ - WORSHIP ME!
INFJ - MUH FEELINGS!
ESFJ - Am I popular yet?
ENTP - Have you heard about my totally legit pyramid scheme?
ENTJ - Fuck you, pay me
INTJ - Boy, everyone's stupid except me

Lol, this was hilarious btw.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTJs seem to want to test me, and often they catch me off guard, but I find it as more of a challenge, and can usually counter-strike.

I like er'body!

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Favorite: ESFP - Not judgmental, FUN, always makes me laugh, gets my goofy sense of humor, likes me for me. Helps me NOT to take life so seriously. I don't mind when they flake on me because I do the same. Have a great sense of style. So optimistic!
ENTP - Funny, clever, you want them on your side. Love the way they think.
INFJ- once you get through that tough wall, no one will care for you like they will.
ISTJ- most underrated types of all time; stable doesn't equal boring people. I share their same quirky sense of humor, and we tend to see people the same way, but react toward them very differently. They give great practical advice.

Least: ENFP - Seem awesome at first. Able to talk to them for hours, but don't seem very genuine. Attention seeking (yes so are ESFPs. but it's different). Seem manipulative and two-faced. It's like I love/hate them.
ENFJ - Same love/hate thing; when they are healthy...they are the BEST, funny too; if they don't like you for whatever reason...watch your back! Notice they like to focus on YOU, be careful what you reveal. Manipulative but justify it by thinking it's the best for you...unless they hate you they will say the meanest things with a caring smile on their face. They can get into your head. (Have a bad experience with one, that's why so harsh).

Ironically, two of my close friends are ENFJ, ENFP.

I also misread the thread title as mate = friend, not romantic partner. That changes things a bit.

Last edited:

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You can imagine how many times my gf says, "I hate you," "How about I just punch you in the face instead?," "Have I mentioned how much I hate you today?" "STFU" Me: "yeah I got my ass kicked by a boxer at the gym today" her: "GOOD"

Awww, but at the end of the day, she wuuuvs me (ironically, she's an ENTP as well, but I out-ENTP her).

Lol, this was hilarious btw.

intense love/hate is probably the sweetest kinda love! ;)

L

LadyLazarus

Favorite-
1.)xxTJ:"Opposites attract", reasonable, witty, logical, and practical. Bring that which I do not possess. I tend to get along oddly well with the ones I've met IRL despite our numerous differences.
2.)ENFP:IMO/E impossible to hate. My ex was one, very good person, who I would maybe want to date again if he weren't so conflict avoidant/afraid of talking about painful shit.
3.)ESFP: Fun. Get me in a lot of ways.
4.)INFP: (9w1) Awww.

Least favorite-
1.)ESTP:All of the ones I've met have been really arrogant assholes who would marry themselves if they could. :dry: (Not saying every single one is, just my experience with them.)
2.)ESFJ: Bossy and suffocating.(Again not all of them were/are this way.)

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Favorites:
1. ENFP - I love their combination of intelligence and enthusiasm. Once I get out of my shell we often find we have compatible values and understand each other's thoughts and feelings well. I find their dominant Ne stimulating and naturally more expansive than my own thinking, and it helps keep me from sinking into FiSi mode. My constant need to filter myself around people is much less severe around them. They also have a lot of curiosity and insight, two things I greatly value in people.
2. INFJ - insightful; intelligent; inspiring. Familiar and completely foreign, and that's what makes for an interesting dynamic. We sometimes have similar but not identical values and opinions but completely different thought processes, and it's interesting to see something familiar through a different frame.
3. ISFP - Very similar to me in a lot of ways, but the Se/Ni vs. Ne/Si difference makes us different enough to keep it interesting. I find many of them quietly perceptive, but they aren't the type to assume they know more about me than I know about myself. We also often have similar tastes in art and music. Despite the hipster stereotype, I find most of them pretty unassuming.
4. INTJ - (Only if they have well-developed Fi.) Mature, intelligent, very insightful in multiple areas, and often not as arrogant as people assume. They strike me as genuine truth-seekers who want to do something productive with their knowledge, something I greatly respect. I would probably have to develop stronger Te to make it work, though.
5. ENTP - Only if they have well-developed, genuine Fe. I love their intellectual creativity and individualistic nature. Quirky like xNFPs, but with more of an edge. Zany but not loopy - I actually find they have great common sense (and yes, these were definitely ENTPs, not ESTPs). Often well-read.
6. ENFJ

"Unfavorites":
1. ESFJ - Completely different values, very little understanding. They sometimes drive me up the wall, and I think the feeling is mutual.
2. ESTJ - " except we don't dislike and annoy each other as much.
3. ESFP - Horrible, horrible match. I've found a significant portion of young ESFPs I've known to be prone to causing problems for themselves and then refusing to see it, instead blaming it on other people. Compared to a lot of types, I've noticed they have a tendency to be hugely overconfident with their inferior function (Ni).
4. ISTP - I don't usually dislike them, we just have very little in common. They tend to misunderstand me and I assume it goes both ways.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Least favorite-
1.)ESTP:All of the ones I've met have been really arrogant assholes who would marry themselves if they could. :dry: (Not saying every single one is, just my experience with them.)

That's just because you lack self-confidence, which habit will eventually grow gruesome with age.

L

LadyLazarus

That's just because you lack self-confidence, which habit will eventually grow gruesome with age.

Projection.

No, I'm pretty sure it's because the ones I have met where arrogant assholes. I honestly don't think it had anything to do with me as I did not attempt to influence them or had any link to them aside from the fact that we where in the same class. I just found them annoying and tried to avoid interaction as much as possible.

In return they did not really influence me, it's not at all a confidence thing this time, as I don't think I knew them well enough for that to be the case. The overly arrogant are just people I find annoying, it doesn't really go any deeper than that for myself.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

Projection.

No, I'm pretty sure it's because the ones I have met where arrogant assholes. I honestly don't think it had anything to do with me as I did not attempt to influence them or had any link to them aside from the fact that we where in the same class. I just found them annoying and tried to avoid interaction as much as possible.

In return they did not really influence me, it's not at all a confidence thing this time, as I don't think I knew them well enough for that to be the case. The overly arrogant are just people I find annoying, it doesn't really go any deeper than that for myself.

Someone self-confident would help them or kill them and not call them arrogant assholes.

L

LadyLazarus

Someone self-confident would help them or kill them and not call them arrogant assholes.

No, that would be someone who cares about them enough to either like them enough to help them or hate them enough to attempt to kill them. What they do is their problem not mine in the long run. I just simply find them unappealing and do not wish to interact with them is all.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
No, that would be someone who cares about them enough to either like them enough to help them or hate them enough to attempt to kill them. What they do is their problem not mine in the long run. I just simply find them unappealing and do not wish to interact with them is all.

Being able to take responsibility for oneself and others is a part of self-confidence

L

LadyLazarus

Being able to take responsibility for oneself and others is a part of self-confidence

Not necessarily, self-confidence comes from within first and foremost. Others, especially those who I barely know, have almost nothing to do with myself, I am Social last for a reason.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Not necessarily, self-confidence comes from within first and foremost. Others, especially those who I barely know, have almost nothing to do with myself, I am Social last for a reason.

There are two possible sentence endings to this and both are true:

First) "Others, especially those who I barely know, have almost nothing to do with myself, I am Social last for a reason, tho I needed to be, because I seem like a beautiful person."

Second) "Others, especially those who I barely know, have almost nothing to do with myself, I am Social last for a reason, because I am a french crybaby."

I will think about which one is true and inform you later.

L

LadyLazarus

There are two possible sentence endings to this and both are true:

First) "Others, especially those who I barely know, have almost nothing to do with myself, I am Social last for a reason, tho I needed to be, because I seem like a beautiful person."

Second) "Others, especially those who I barely know, have almost nothing to do with myself, I am Social last for a reason, because I am a french crybaby."

I will think about which one is true and inform you later.

Well, this convincing argument certainly tells me all I need to know about you. :smile:

This language gap is ridiculous. Now once more, shoo.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well, this convincing argument certainly tells me all I need to know about you. :smile:

This language gap is ridiculous. Now once more, shoo.

It is everybodys task to bridge the gap he has with everyone.

Most introverts think about entps that they have it easy, cause they are extrovert and social since birth. But that the entps primary function is insanity followed by a secondary function which is introverted analysis of primary insanity, what makes you the most likely to go weirdo - somehow nobody knows that.

I can just smile about people who say they have a problem with being social, little do they know.