First 23456 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Ti-Si loopage which makes them assume their personal experience can be universalized to justify distorted, deep prejudices.
    Heh, it's possible I'm doing this in this thread. In the interest of full disclosure, I've only dated one INFP, so a lot of the crap I was complaining about above may have nothing to do with being an INFP.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Here are some more things that bug me about dating an INFP.

Terrible sense of humor, because their humor always has to serve some "cause".

Want "what's best" for me regardless of what I actually want, despite me having told them this 5 zillion times. For all their supposed empathy, they do a remarkably shitty job of listening and assume they know you better than you know yourself.

Complain about my messiness despite the fact they always have to clear shit off their bed before they can sleep on it.

Can't keep promises.

Judgemental, always dismissing others based on the stupidest, most arbitrary shit imaginable. This judgemental attitude towards others is really odd coming from a type that claims to be empathetic.

Are always trying to "make me a better person"' (i.e., make me more like them) regardless of what actually works for me and what I need.

Will nag me about something if I don't want to do what they want me to do, but insist that "it's your decision".

Hmm, I think I'll want to stay away from INFPs in the future.
    I think they were probably just trolling you a little. The best thing to do is go and tell them to fuck themselves or use an equivalent. Whilst they may complain they may also consider the possibility your criticisms are just and mull it over - the quiet, introspective kind of mulling rather than melodrama and whining.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    I think they were probably just trolling you a little. The best thing to do is go and tell them to fuck themselves or use an equivalent. Whilst they may complain they may also consider the possibility your criticisms are just and mull it over - the quiet, introspective kind of mulling rather than melodrama and whining.
    Why would they want to troll me?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Heh, it's possible I'm doing this in this thread. In the interest of full disclosure, I've only dated one INFP, so a lot of the crap I was complaining about above may have nothing to do with being an INFP.
    I think we all do it, but having an awareness of doing it at least leaves it at the blowing off steam stage rather than full-fledged distorted reasoning. Some people get so invested in their assumptions there is nothing that can be done except wait it out, as they meet more people and learn about life. We all have internal models of the world, and probably most of us have at least partly-mixed-up models, so I think the most important thing is having some way to revise thinking. You are probably pretty good at that. I wasn't thinking of your post at all when I made mine.

I don't know about your situation, but we've had some pretty slap-happy trollish folk on these sites that have been INFP or INTP. The most successful and enduring ones tend to be NPs. I think the J's get banned earlier on because they don't mix it up as much.

Edit: Some might not be trying to troll, but just telling unbridled "universal truths". Sometimes either approach can result in banning. ha!
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

It's because of the Fi. It's a dictator and its word is law. It may evaluate a situation as one which needs taking apart in the most dramatic way impossible - perhaps so one or more parties can achieve some insight in the heightened moment which would help them extra perspectives to refine themselves or their lives. Perhaps the Fi needs psychological or sociological data about the human condition so it is tells the user to run an experiment so it can evaluate it for future reference. Perhaps the user is a bit of a douche and the Fi says it is required to make their bland existence more interesting.

Whatever the Fi orders they are compelled to obey it. Fortunately it can work the other way too where to troll would be an unacceptable violation of what you actually want. It hates whim, fakery, decadence and emotion which it did not give its blessing for.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I don't think I've dated enough people to really judge this
    I could speak theoretically on what types I may or may not enjoy dating, but I couldn't say for sure and it wouldn't be fair to judge a whole type based on some ex I'm bitter towards either.

I do tend to go for SP guys though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    I don't think I've dated enough people to really judge this
    I could speak theoretically on what types I may or may not enjoy dating, but I couldn't say for sure and it wouldn't be fair to judge a whole type based on some ex I'm bitter towards either.

I do tend to go for SP guys though.
    You have missed the point of the thread.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

INFPs are lovely. I just can't follow them where they go. INFJs I don't want to follow. Because that world. Doesn't. Exist. With the ENFJ, it's mutual. They smell a rat, and I need to run before their poison takes hold. ENFP, save me from the other NFs!

ESFJ are not worth the effort for either of us. The adjustment period is way too long to bother with unless we're in a work situation and have no choice. ISFJ, good as a casual friend. You know, people whose thoughts and feelings you never really need to know anything about. ISTJ is a pal. ESTJ, mutual disinterest.

ISXP relationships are cool but just not verbal enough. ESTP moves a little too fast, but maybe someday I'll move faster myself. If that day comes, I'll come running. ESFP, <3. Let me give you a hug hey where did you go?

ENTJ and INTJ: it won't work out unless they're into bestiality. Arf, arf! INTPs are one of the best if over forty years old.

But ENTPs follow me. We will sniff each other out like dogs, no matter how improbable the context. We always find each other.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    It's because of the Fi. It's a dictator and its word is law. It may evaluate a situation as one which needs taking apart in the most dramatic way impossible - perhaps so one or more parties can achieve some insight in the heightened moment which would help them extra perspectives to refine themselves or their lives. Perhaps the Fi needs psychological or sociological data about the human condition so it is tells the user to run an experiment so it can evaluate it for future reference. Perhaps the user is a bit of a douche and the Fi says it is required to make their bland existence more interesting.

Whatever the Fi orders they are compelled to obey it. Fortunately it can work the other way too where to troll would be an unacceptable violation of what you actually want. It hates whim, fakery, decadence and emotion which it did not give its blessing for.

Fi does seem dictatorial to me, actually, which is what I find off-putting about it. The only way to deal with Fi is to either submit, escape, or ignore. I feel like I have no way of pushing for my point of view. It's not that I expect to come out 100%, but it just feels like I'm not being listened to at all. I know how to get through to Ti doms. I'm not even sure if it's possible to get through to a Fi dom. Please tell me I'm wrong.

Visit my Johari:

Fi does seem dictatorial to me, actually, which is what I find off-putting about it. The only way to deal with Fi is to either submit, escape, or ignore. I feel like I have no way of pushing for my point of view. It's not that I expect to come out 100%, but it just feels like I'm not being listened to at all. I know how to get through to Ti doms. I'm not even sure if it's possible to get through to a Fi dom. Please tell me I'm wrong.
    I would say they are sort of listening to you and sort of not. Whilst they may be defiantly pushing forward with FiTe the Ne is asking whether you are right or not or it will do so after the person spends time alone. I don't think many INFPs would show or express this uncertainty but they are aware of it. She may eventually see your point of view and agree with it but feel embarassed to admit it, probably hoping the dust will settle in regards to the problems her now defunct position caused so she can approach the situation from the new angle without losing face.

In regards to the above however she cannot stray far from the Fi however the Fi can adjust and move itself so it is positioned in "your camp" so to speak. There is no standard likelihood of this occuring (it may not occur at all) and some parts of her cannot change. Guess its the human condition.