User Tag List

First 345

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    im pretty sure it has a lot to do with what functions you have developed, not what functions you naturally prefer over one. i consider myself having pretty well developed Si for several reasons(mainly hobbies i have had and people i have been around when growing up).
    True, good point.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    This is a trait of people who have the tendency to outwardly express their every thought or feeling in the moment rather than introspecting. Some people are "fleeting" in the sense that they go from thought to thought or action to action, all in the moment as they are occurring and they express or verbalize this process to various degrees. The main thing is that they are less inclined to introspect first. Doing this makes them feel happy and energized too.
    I actually disagree with this.

To me, being unobservant is not about being an Se- or Si-user. Rather, I'd say being unobservant or absentminded is a trait of extreme introversion. (So I suppose it would technically be more for Si-doms than Se-doms).

As an Si-dom, I don't really do what is described in the OP in that I don't tend to lose things and complain about not finding them. It's that I'm just not aware of my surroundings.

Sometimes I'll have conversations that go like this:
    Person: Hey did you notice blah blah blah??
    Me: No...
    Person: Oh well what about what so-and-so was doing??
    Me: Uh...no...

Other times it's like I forget what is happening or what I just did. In my chemistry class, I've hooked experiments up backwards and dumped acid behind me because I forgot there was still liquid inside.

Edit: Oh and just now I was looking for a bottle of pop everywhere in the kitchen and I couldn't find it. I went upstairs to do something, came back downstairs, and found it sitting right in the center of the table. D'oh!

For a sensor, I'm really quite a terrible one.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post

To me, being unobservant is not about being an Se- or Si-user. Rather, I'd say being unobservant or absentminded is a trait of extreme introversion. (So I suppose it would technically be more for Si-doms than Se-doms).

As an Si-dom, I don't really do what is described in the OP in that I don't tend to lose things and complain about not finding them. It's that I'm just not aware of my surroundings.

Other times it's like I forget what is happening or what I just did. In my chemistry class, I've hooked experiments up backwards and dumped acid behind me because I forgot there was still liquid inside.

Edit: Oh and just now I was looking for a bottle of pop everywhere in the kitchen and I couldn't find it. I went upstairs to do something, came back downstairs, and found it sitting right in the center of the table. D'oh!

Hm. If that's true, then it must be a particular kind of introversion. It's not an extreme kind by just MBTI standards, because my mom and probably some of the other posters aren't. But interesting thought. Maybe it's different things for different people.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post

That's understandable though, most of what people do is completely uninteresting and not worth noting. I really dislike those loud people who seem to think that everyone is interested in what went on, or, (fuck me), their 'thoughts'.

Good thing I am one of those people.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.