User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Ne and Ti are very good. However, I don't agree with the emphasis on cultural convention for Fi. I know someone who is an IXFJ that's in a polyamorous relationship. That's most definitely not a cultural convention.
    Not to be blunt, but the fact that you "know someone" isn't much. It's always possible that you've typed them incorrectly, but it really doesn't even need to be. Exceptions always exist and tend to be created by unique circumstances. An INFJ is fully capable, with her Ni, of looking at a much broader picture and realizing that polyamory is not exactly unconventional through history (recommended reading: The Art of Seduction by Robert Green.. people have always been lawless in love). An SFJ would be less likely to do this because they tend to go by the conventions of their more local culture, but even then exception is still possible under the right circumstances. Of course, the 2 still will share many commonalities even though one is more current and local and one is more global and historical.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    "A sensation attitude is oriented by the direct perception of concrete facts." A fact isn't a perceived fact until it has first been judged a fact.
    Wait, so then how can Si perceive facts at all, if they aren't facts until they go through Te or Fe? What does Si dooooooooooo?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Wait, so then how can Si perceive facts at all, if they aren't facts until they go through Te or Fe? What does Si dooooooooooo?
    Sit around and drink coffee.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Sit around and drink coffee.
    Like Agent Cooper?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Like Agent Cooper?
    What the deuce?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Like Agent Cooper?
    Oh, yes, Twin Peaks. Of course.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Like Agent Cooper?
    Third reply and counting. Agent Cooper is the Ni-dom type. I didn't look closely enough to figure out his auxiliary type.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Third reply and counting. Agent Cooper is the Ni-dom type. I didn't look closely enough to figure out his auxiliary type.
    Actually.... that makes sense. Just... sitting and enjoying coffee made me think of Agent Cooper.

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

Agent Cooper is an INFJ and a babe

Si descriptions are generally shit, and like msg_v2 said, only describe Si in conjunction with Je instead of isolating its specific function. Case in point:

In SJ types, Si often translates into an adherence to existing facts, traditions, worldviews, or methods.
    My best guess as to what Si does is absorb sensory information head-on, without toying with the lenses like Ni. In other words, Ni is able to tinker with perception and try out different angles more readily than Si. Si tries to create a cohesive narrative using the information most readily available and obviously applicable. I know that my description also conjoins it with Je, but its very nature makes it less independent than Ni.

Of course Si users may be really adept at synthesizing information and exploring new possibilities, but that's due to well-functioning Ne, which wakes them up from said adherence to one-dimensional incoming information.

Maybe:
    Si = camera --> Ne = creative editing tools [looking outward for novel possibilities]
    Ni = camera + distorting filter --> Se = corrective editing tools [looking outward to filter out the unreal]

Se = mirror --> Ni = ???
    Ne = funhouse mirrors --> Si = ???

Camera for Pi because the process is obviously more inward, whereas mirrors, like Pe, provide a more immediate and objective reflection of reality.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by decrescendo View Post
    Agent Cooper is an INFJ and a babe

Si descriptions are generally shit, and like msg_v2 said, only describe Si in conjunction with Je instead of isolating its specific function. Case in point:

My best guess as to what Si does is absorb sensory information head-on, without toying with the lenses like Ni. In other words, Ni is able to tinker with perception and try out different angles more readily than Si. Si tries to create a cohesive narrative using the information most readily available and obviously applicable. I know that my description also conjoins it with Je, but its very nature makes it less independent than Ni.

Of course Si users may be really adept at synthesizing information and exploring new possibilities, but that's due to well-functioning Ne, which wakes them up from said adherence to one-dimensional incoming information.

Maybe:
    Si = camera --> Ne = creative editing tools [looking outward for novel possibilities]
    Ni = camera + distorting filter --> Se = corrective editing tools [looking outward to filter out the unreal]

Se = mirror --> Ni = ???
    Ne = funhouse mirrors --> Si = ???

Camera for Pi because the process is obviously more inward, whereas mirrors, like Pe, provide a more immediate and objective reflection of reality.
    Every new experience for the Si type is filtered through a backdrop of personal and cultural experiences raised to the level of symbolism. Things don't simply exist for the Si, they exist as representations. These representations however are of a concrete form, unlike those of the Ni type which are more in the nature of a bizarre fantasy that seems more real than reality, and doesn't merely represent it symbolically.

These symbolic representations stir powerful feelings in the Si type, although this may not be apparent as this type is skilled at suppressing the appearance of feelings. Nor will the Si type give you even a glimpse at his or her inner life unless some artistic talent is present. In this way, the Si type may express obscured feelings through some artistic medium. The result, however, is nothing like a fantastic Ni artistic representation, but concrete and rather somber. The Si type will only reveal his or her true self directly to those who are very closely related emotionally and intellectually.