User Tag List

First 234

Thread: MBTI

MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Look, if we measure introversion and extroversion, we find they fall on a Bell Curve. That means almost all of us are in the middle and only a tiny, tiny number are at either end.

So the number of introverts and extroverts is insignificant. Almost all of us contain part introvert and part extrovert.

So a system for measuring introversion and extroversion and other qualities is completely useless.

But what is amazing is the placebo effect of believing mbti does us good.
    If you are speaking in terms of socialization then you are correct a lot of people aren't on either side of the spectrum and I am no fan of sticking to defintions ( because a definition is too flexible you see it from 20 different angles and we never seem too be satisified from one side or the other) but MBTI defines I and E in terms in of how we percieve the world for example Fi-Se or Se-Fi, Fi is an internal function which is the difference between I or E.
    Oh boy...

MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Because you were attempting to show me the validity of MBTI, yet you yourself have not given yourself a type on the forum. To me to this is more evidence towards my view of the theory, that it is too disorganised and unproven at the moment for it to be reliable.

I'm sure there are lots of things wrong with my reasoning, but hey you wanted to know.
    I wasn't trying to defend MBTI I was only explaining my perceptions of MBTI and how people have changed it(to some degree) by assembing it and then disassembling it all over again until it becomes something else entirely. And according to the descriptions ( I've never really trusted the tests now those are inconsistent because the've been set up in terms of how much we value a certain area not whether we depend on them regularly,which is sad because then people run around thinking they are a certain type and then become thouroughly convinced they are that type and there is no changing their mindset) so I am prettycertain I am an ENFP.
    Oh boy...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

i agree with Victor, also it s fun to see how people are trying to be INTP or .. some other "cool" type and obsessing about MBTI more than they should
    you shouldn t take it too serious in my opinion

*also, click the multi-quote button of the posts you want to quote and then click reply

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivious View Post
    If you are speaking in terms of socialization then you are correct a lot of people aren't on either side of the spectrum and I am no fan of sticking to defintions ( because a definition is too flexible you see it from 20 different angles and we never seem too be satisified from one side or the other) but MBTI defines I and E in terms in of how we percieve the world for example Fi-Se or Se-Fi, Fi is an internal function which is the difference between I or E.
    You're confusing the MBTI with JCF, but even then, neither of those systems define I/E in terms of how we perceive the world. For the MBTI, I/E is defined in terms of behavior; for JCF, I/E is defined in terms of attitude.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Scheherezade View Post
    also it s fun to see how people are trying to be INTP or .. some other "cool" type and obsessing about MBTI more than they should
    you shouldn t take it too serious in my opinion
    If only they knew.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivious View Post
    MBTI defines I and E in terms in of how we percieve the world.
    The simple fact is that we can choose how we see the world.

Mbti reifies us - turns us into things - so that we can be manipulated and controlled with a clear conscience.

For we feel guilty when we manipulate a person, but feel no guilt when we manipulate a thing.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The simple fact is that we can choose how we see the world.

Mbti reifies us - turns us into things - so that we can be manipulated and controlled with a clear conscience.

For we feel guilty when we manipulate a person, but feel no guilt when we manipulate a thing.
    That's an interesting thought, have you got some examples? I can certainly see a person using a type profile against another as a way to hedge them in conceptually. But then again this is no different to the other labels people give each other all the time.

I would say this stems from an attempt by the left brain to try and control the specifics and variables so as to feel more comfortable and make the world more predictable.

So my point would be that it is more important to try and understand why human beings do this in the first place, this organisation and grouping of individuals so as to pigeon hole them. Rather than simply throw the baby out with the bathwater and automatically blame the object used, let us blame the mindset behind it.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.