• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The people most difficult to "type":

Porcelain Hearts

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
are often the most balanced I find. They may become apparent when it comes to their dominant function, but they're quite aware and active with their other functions.

Think of that person you know that came across ESTP one way and another instant, ESFP. What makes them exercise their other functions are likely their held values! I would even say they are the most desirable and interesting people I've come across.

In theory, I have a poor dysfunctional family and each of us became fiercely individualistic and impatient. Perhaps they were raised with a close family.. who knows? There are a few theories that would provide a facility to alternate functions within their environment.

I know it's not just me that feels this way. What examples have you noticed in those "balanced" who almost transcend the MBTI model?

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
are often the most balanced I find. They may be apparent when it comes to their dominant function, but they're quite aware and active with their other functions.

Think of that person you know that came across ESTP one way and another instant, ESFP. What makes them exercise their other functions are likely their held values! I would even say they are the most desirable and interesting people I've come across.

In theory, I have a poor dysfunctional family and each of us became fiercely individualistic and impatient. Perhaps they were raised with a close family.. who knows? There are a few theories that would provide a facility to alternate patterns within their environment.

I know it's not just me that feels this way. What examples have you noticed in those "balanced" who almost transcend the MBTI model?

I find extreme introverts hard to type. There is very little to work with.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find the very mentally ill hard to type, but I suppose that goes without saying, yes?

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm with the camp that thinks "balanced" means "have developed their tertiary and inferior functions to a decent level", in which case they become rather remarkable humans. They can still be quite easy to type though...

I think people who are difficult to type are those with 'conflicting' or 'less common' MBTI and Enneagram combinations, like an E7 judger, or an E5 feeler, etc.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ Definitely the less common combos, instinct variant included. (For example, self-typed ENFP so/sp friend - couldn't decide if she was ENFP or ESFJ).

Also people with strong tertiary or aspirant functions.

G

garbage

are often the most balanced I find. They may become apparent when it comes to their dominant function, but they're quite aware and active with their other functions.
[...]
What examples have you noticed in those "balanced" who almost transcend the MBTI model?
I notice that they're pretty damn wise, for one. They seem to have a holistic view of, well, everything.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have trouble settling on a definitive type for myself- therefore I'm balanced??? :D

I think INTP but then I keep finding I do things suggestive of other types.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find extreme introverts hard to type. There is very little to work with.

Until they speak yes. Following a person's pattern of speech, writing or way of interacting seems the easiest way to discern a person's type. Ni for me is the most difficult to identify of all the 8 functions. It is hard to connect observable behavior to it.

I find the very mentally ill hard to type, but I suppose that goes without saying, yes?

I'm not sure it goes without saying but I agree with this. Take an INFJ or INTJ with very poorly developed auxiliary - are they mentally ill? They sure could easily come across that way.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find older people hard to type, perhaps because they have become much more balanced in function usage through their years of living and experience.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
E3s tend to pretty difficult to mbti type, ime. They're very adaptable to different situations, so you end up not having a solid baseline to work with.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15392]AffirmitiveAnxiety[/MENTION] - there is no consistent forum consensus on his type other than a vague FJ approximation.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i've known a few people who seem to use both ti and fi equally which makes me completely crazy.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I find older people hard to type, perhaps because they have become much more balanced in function usage through their years of living and experience.

Agree.

At the other extreme, newborn babies and very young children you can't really type with accuracy either since their function development is at a more primitive level.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I would also add those who are induced by their environment to act in ways that are opposite to their functional ordering.