User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    ISTJ is the chart the course type because of Introverted Perceiving (Si/Ni), in this case Si. ISFJ should be categorized the same way because it is led by the same function as the ISTJ.
    I am not following your leap here. Why do you believe that the interaction styles are broken down that way? Granted, in lieu of Keirsey's theory, the Myers-Briggs breaks the two letter dichotomies based simply on sensing/intuition and thinking/feeling. In that case, all EJs would be In Charge, all EPs Get Things Going, all IJs Chart The Course and all IPs Behind The Scenes. However IRL, my wife is ISFJ and she definitely has a Behind The Scenes Interaction Style.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    ISTPs can be directive because they are superior Thinkers.
    Well thank you, but it's the theme that correlates with ITJs, INFJ and ISTP that makes them Chart The Course:
    The theme is having a course of action to follow. People of this stylefocus on knowing what to do and keeping themselves, the group, or the project on track. They prefer to enter a situation having an idea of what is to happen. They identify a process to accomplish a goal and have a somewhat contained tension as they work to create and monitor a plan. The aim is not the plan itself, but to use it as a guide to move things along toward the goal. Their informed and deliberate decisions are based on analyzing, outlining, conceptualizing or foreseeing what needs to be done.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Until I began developing Fe, I was all drifty. Fe has provided me with a compass and a framework for forming opinions and making decisions.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    I am not following your leap here. Why do you believe that the interaction styles are broken down that way? Granted, in lieu of Keirsey's theory, the Myers-Briggs breaks the two letter dichotomies based simply on sensing/intuition and thinking/feeling. In that case, all EJs would be In Charge, all EPs Get Things Going, all IJs Chart The Course and all IPs Behind The Scenes. However IRL, my wife is ISFJ and she definitely has a Behind The Scenes Interaction Style.Well thank you, but it's the theme that correlates with ITJs, INFJ and ISTP that makes them Chart The Course:
    Introverted Perceiving as I understand, is about collecting information as it relates to us. (Much like Introverted Judgment is about seeing how logic or personal values stand in relation to us).

Hence if we say that INTJ is a quintissential chart the course, it follows that the ISTJ, as an introverted perceiver, also has this quality, though does not see as far.

They probably wont be behind the scenes because those usually focus well on some internal goal, or something thats only in their heads. (So, Fi/Ti). Put an Si/Ni in their position, they wont be able to stay so internally focused, their minds will drift.

Get things going? Nah, they dont have this enterprising quality that ESTPs and ENTPs have. (So Se/Ne). And certainly not in charge for the ISTJ. I can see how somebody could say that the ISTJ should be the man in charge because of their TJ(Te), but lets keep in mind that Te is a secondary function for them not the former. ESTJ and ENTJs are in charge because their Te is first.

So in the end we are left with nowhere to go for the ISTJ but chart the course.

And what I meant by ISTP being superior thinker was not that they are better thinkers than everyone else, just that their first(superior to the other 3 functions that are salient in their temperament) function is Thinking.

I am not saying that everything fits neatly into each mould, it is just that the in Charge is more compatible with Te than Si, not that Si-Te is not compatible with it at all, just less than Te-Si.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Mature Te has allowed me to refine the manner in which I say "That's stupid" whenever an INTP makes a suggestion.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Mature Te has allowed me to refine the manner in which I say "That's stupid" whenever an INTP makes a suggestion.
    So accuracy of thought that is? Te helped you better find the idea that you were looking for and the right words to express it?

And why INTP and not ENTP, the latter should be higher up on the way of making those suggestions that you seem to have in mind.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I was funning!

If there is anything to this speculation, focusing on Te over the last two years ended what, in hindsight, appears to have been a misplaced reliance on Fi.