User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INXP

I don't know.

I've had some sort of intuition as long as I can remember, and I was definitely a thinking kid. I was an extraverted child until I started interacting with peers, and then withdrew.

The only concious development I've been doing lately is sensory-oriented. I've been glad of having been a waitress and delivering papers-- you must be very detail oriented, very able to remember things. I've been figuring out how to get organized enough to clean, getting into yoga, all that.
    Let's do this thing.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    To the contaire, I was not implying ENTP. You just jumped all over the Se type function.
    I'm not sure how you got that from what I wrote, but it did make me look up the profile differences. What I meant was that I want to make connections that deal with the outerworld rather than internalise it. (The quotes I used was nearly directly from an ENTP profile, FWIW.)

Though interestingly enough, the ISTP profile at CAPT fits well. So does the INTP profile. And the ENTP profile. I could even stretch to ESTP, if I ignore the energy part. Of all the profiles there, I probably do reflect ISTP most though; except for the hands on part. I have to force myself to do that. I don't disagree with any of the INTP parts, however... but they aren't as descriptive as the ISTP, in terms of keywords.

Ironically, I don't fit into INFP or ISFP. Yet, if you measure each of my traits, T is the only one that is remotely arguable in terms of strength.

So I think when it comes to functional theory, I sorta just exist as... "Meh". I don't believe in it, the more I read about it, the more I apply it, the more I realise that I was "Forer"ing myself into the breakdown.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm a bit older, so my Ne is already fairly well developed. I found that it gave me a better world view. I was able to consider things other than my own narrow scope. It made me search for meaning to things in the world and in my life. I have found some answers ... still looking for more.

I am currently in the midst of developing my tertiary Si. I love experiencing the moods and ambiences of different places and situations ... often relating them to my past. I have also become more detail oriented internally. I've also taken a recent interest in photography, which I believe is closely related to Si.

I dare say that my inferior Fe is also developing a bit, although still in it's adolescent stages. I'm starting to open myself up and finding warm, caring relationships. Also, small things like letting music cheer me up ... whereas before, I would revel in dark music when I was depressed. Mood (feeling) is no longer something which is set in stone. It can be changed. That has helped a lot with depression.

MBTI
    TiSe

P, the fact that you are open to this makes me think you are. Intuitives seem to want to be anyone or anything other than their true selves. It's why I find it comical when forums think that SPs want to be intuitives.

Without reading other posts, I will say the debates between you and I, show you to be highly linear in your thinking, not all over the place as most INTPs are to me. You also are not afraid of admitting that when you state an opinion, but mostly you refer to facts and evidence to support your informed thoughts. Most INTPs throw it out there and change the subject when caught at sharp practice. Try this description of ISTP. I like these because they are written in the first person, and void of the sterotypical BS (ie, mechanical, athletic, surfer dudes, etc.).

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

In Charge:ENTJ, ESTJ, ESTP, ENFJ
    Get Things Going: ENTP, ESFJ, ESFP, ENFP
    Chart The Course: INTJ, ISTJ, ISTP, INFJ
    Behind The Scenes: INTP, ISFJ, ISFP, INFP
    I see no reason why the ISFJ should be behind the scenes and ISTP chart the course.

ISTPs only chart the course because their third function is Ni, but thats not their main thing. Their main thing is the Ti work behind the scenes.

ISFJs can work behind the scenes for the same reason as ISTPs chart the course, tertiary Ti, but their main quality is the Si--chart the course.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    ISTP

P, the fact that you are open to this makes me think you are. Intuitives seem to want to be anyone or anything other than their true selves. It's why I find it comical when forums think that SPs want to be intuitives.

Without reading other posts, I will say the debates between you and I, show you to be highly linear in your thinking, not all over the place as most INTPs are to me. You also are not afraid of admitting that when you state an opinion, but mostly you refer to facts and evidence to support your informed thoughts. Most INTPs throw it out there and change the subject when caught at sharp practice. Try this description of ISTP. I like these because they are written in the first person, and void of the sterotypical BS (ie, mechanical, athletic, surfer dudes, etc.).
    That's very interesting, actually... Let me think on it.

(Edit: I ran a test, can see the results here. As I say there, I highly doubt I am ISTP based on those descriptions.)

Have you taken any of the Five factor model tests/big five? Do you know what you scored on openness, if you have?

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Interesting thought... It seems to me like intuitives want to be more than themselves where as sensors are happy (mostly) being who they are/doesn't want to change too much. I guess it's safe to say neither type can fully comprehend the picture from the other side... Hence our false notions that sensors are better off being intuitives.

Anyways, I was going off topic...

OT, how has developing my secondary function change me... Hmmmm I have to say I probably started on that process back when I was in elementary school prior to knowing what on earth functions are. So my record might not exactly be accurate. Nonetheless, Fe is a way of relating to other people. Instead of just random Ni ideas being generated that goes nowhere... Fe provides a means of connecting it to the world. I'm still a daydreamer... only I have slightly more focus to get through school and get work done.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    I see no reason why the ISFJ should be behind the scenes and ISTP chart the course.

ISTPs only chart the course because their third function is Ni, but thats not their main thing. Their main thing is the Ti work behind the scenes.

ISFJs can work behind the scenes for the same reason as ISTPs chart the course, tertiary Ti, but their main quality is the Si--chart the course.
    That made no sense Blue, intution has nothing to do with it since ISTJ is also a Chart the Course type. It appears that you are basing the fact that ISFJ should be categorized in the same style, due to being J. The theory is broken down by temperament. Besides, ISTPs can be very directive in their communication, when a crises arises, and need to see movement. I think reading the booklet may give you an understanding of why the theory is broken down by temperament.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

That made no sense Blue, intution has nothing to do with it since ISTJ is also a Chart the Course type. It appears that you are basing the fact that ISFJ should be categorized in the same style, due to being J. The theory is broken down by temperament. Besides, ISTPs can be very directive in their communication, when a crises arises, and need to see movement. I think reading the booklet may give you an understanding of why the theory is broken down by temperament.

ISTJ is the chart the course type because of Introverted Perceiving (Si/Ni), in this case Si. ISFJ should be categorized the same way because it is led by the same function as the ISTJ.

ISTPs can be directive because they are superior Thinkers.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    ISTPs can be directive because they are superior Thinkers.
    Superior tactical thinkers ... which I think still ties in well with your premise.