Society

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Ne-Ti: "Absurdities are cool!"
    so sad that there are people who don't see that

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I try to detect their F functions -- if I sense underlying Fe, but it's a T individual, then I come to the conclusion that they use Ti.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    I try to detect their F functions -- if I sense underlying Fe, but it's a T individual, then I come to the conclusion that they use Ti.
    Are you implying that Ti-users are more empathetic than Te-users?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Some Ti-doms can actually exhibit something that looks a lot like Fi, and I've wondered if Te-doms can also exhibit something akin to Fe. I've lived with Ti-doms for 20 years now, and one had no Fi, but just a little Fe mostly that humored him. The other has something akin to Fi, but he is absolutely a Ti-dom.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

RDF

This is a smart approach. I use it as well, often as a back-up means of confirming other impressions.

I register the presence of Tertiary and Inferior Fe in Thinkers as an effort on their part to be a little more harmonious, to smooth the rough edges, to be a little less gruff or abrupt.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post

I register the presence of Tertiary and Inferior Fe in Thinkers as an effort on their part to be a little more harmonious, to smooth the rough edges, to be a little less gruff or abrupt.
    Well... most INTP I know are absolutely devoid of Fe and will do nothing to improve that. They are like this, and like a rock they will never change.

While for the ENTP... well... at least for me Fe comes not as a conscious effort, but rather as an instinct. It's like being aware of what is going on around you, of what people are ruminating in their heads. So sometimes, you try to relieve them of their burdens, to lighten up their days. Playing the clown, smiling, cracking a joke or helping an old lady crossing the street is not a conscious effort: it's effortless.

It's also why, despite the appearance and the show, I also think a lot of ENTP are in fact genuinely selfless people, probably because they sense more than many how absurd and tragic the fate of the average modern man is, and expect no reward when they help people. Perhaps INTP are also selfless, but unfortunately most of them don't act or like to interact with people.

And unlike Fi users, they don't try to find any real meaning to this comedy that life really is, and won't pester you with annoying things like religion or morality.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    the easiest way for me (TP) to spot a TJ is to first notice the commonality - someone with an equal tension towards cognitive dissonance (anything that doesn't make sense), but instead of exploring the matter until it starts make sense, they make active plans to eradicate it from their lives.

maybe the reverse can work for you?
    This is interesting to me. From my limited data base of people in real life whose types I am sure of, this seems to hold true. I'd be curious to see if other people here would agree or no.

RDF

Well... most INTP I know are absolutely devoid of Fe and will do nothing to improve that. They are like this, and like a rock they will never change.
    Nonetheless, I register INTPs as less abrupt than INTJs and less gruff than ENTJs, for example. It's only when they get peevish that all smoothness goes out the window. Or when they shut down and go blank.

While for the ENTP... well... at least for me Fe comes not as a conscious effort, but rather as an instinct. It's like being aware of what is going on around you, of what people are ruminating in their heads. So sometimes, you try to relieve them of their burdens, to lighten up their days. Playing the clown, smiling, cracking a joke or helping an old lady crossing the street is not a conscious effort: it's effortless.

It's also why, despite the appearance and the show, I also think a lot of ENTP are in fact genuinely selfless people, probably because they sense more than many how absurd and tragic the fate of the average modern man is, and expect no reward when they help people. Perhaps INTP are also selfless, but unfortunately most of them don't act or like to interact with people.

And unlike Fi users, they don't try to find any real meaning to this comedy that life really is, and won't pester you with annoying things like religion or morality.
    Good description of ENTPs. I like it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Not exactly. It's more like there's a distinct flavor to Te/Fi that to me feels like a strange blend of hard and soft. Fe/Ti or Ti/Fe is a bit 'harmonious'.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

This is totally relatable for some reason. I feel a certain kinship with Ti/Fe, like I get them much more easily than I do Fi or Te individuals. Something rings very true to me about the tragic and absurd fate of mankind...
    4w5 sp/sx EII