User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    The shamelessly random nature of it all is the hard work aspect of course. After all we have to hope there can be at least some effort to change....otherwise why would anyone make the effort?
    Totally agree with @Glycerine and you as well. That effort to change is a great variant to add.

As a side note, I'd like to add that I don't have a clue which I am, or what any of you are unless you have INFP under your name. And, that's only because I figured that out by the posts. All I'm going by is pure "people", and I'm fine with it. The more I hear about functions, the less I want to delve into it. I think I'll save it for when I fall for someone and want to absorb all the knowledge I can about them.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    All I'm going by is pure "people", and I'm fine with it. The more I hear about functions, the less I want to delve into it. I think I'll save it for when I fall for someone and want to absorb all the knowledge I can about them.
    I think that's a lovely and sincere sentiment. Possibly one of the better ones ive heard on here. Maybe that is indeed the better way to go about it.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENTP

I think that's a lovely and sincere sentiment. Possibly one of the better ones ive heard on here. Maybe that is indeed the better way to go about it.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Aha gotcha with my Fe.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Ginkgo

Yeah, seems like people don't like being called either selfishly manipulative or sheeple and controlling by people who have never met them and who are (worse in my opinion) basing that opinion on shaky information and doing it in such a way that it's matter-of-fact and indefensible.

Who knew?
    All the egos are invested in MBTI type. Conversation potential is limitless.

MBTI
    ENTP

Aha gotcha with my Fe.
    Your Fe smells like yummy.

(I wonder how many people are gagging right now. HA! More yummy...)
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

Glycerine

As a side note, I'd like to add that I don't have a clue which I am, or what any of you are unless you have INFP under your name. And, that's only because I figured that out by the posts. All I'm going by is pure "people", and I'm fine with it. The more I hear about functions, the less I want to delve into it. I think I'll save it for when I fall for someone and want to absorb all the knowledge I can about them.
    Awesome. It's a good idea not to delve too much into functions because there is a lot of forced and arbitrary delineations in order to categorize and define what each function is and then it can be hard not to think of people in terms of types and functions so there are a lot of assumptions being made that may or may not be true. It's so hard not to resist.... it's a freaking drug...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Awesome. It's a good idea not to delve too much into functions because there is a lot of forced and arbitrary delineations in order to categorize and define what each function is and then it can be hard not to think of people in terms of types and functions so there are a lot of assumptions being made that may or may not be true. It's so hard not to resist.... it's a freaking drug...
    I can so seriously see how that's possible. That could possibly be dangerous for me if I let it go too far. In a way, I've done it with just MBTI! I can't help but try to guess types. Luckily, I've escaped the tendency to try to predict if I'll hate/like them based on it. Mostly, it's an after thought. "Oh, that's why I got along so well with/wanted to throw off a cliff so-and-so."
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Awesome. It's a good idea not to delve too much into functions because there is a lot of forced and arbitrary delineations in order to categorize and define what each function is and then it can be hard not to think of people in terms of types and functions so there are there are a lot of assumptions being made that may or may not be true. It's so hard not to resist.... it's a freaking drug...

I disagree.

I think it's problematic to use the functions in a problematic manner.

Just as it's problematic to use an axe, a picture frame, or a tomato in a problematic manner.

There's nothing inherently wrong about the idea of the cognitive functions.

What's problematic is when people use the idea problematically.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

So, yeah, I guess I did miss the point. So, if someone sincerely wants to learn and understand, without turning people into stereotypes, then one is just sh*t out of luck because of all the personal bias, devil's advocacy, butt hurt, and semantics twisting that inevitably goes on? Even by Jung? No one is immune?
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga