User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    And as for the rest of the Fi users here that can't say a positive thing about Fe, even in a thread specifically calling for it... ...I'm embarrassed on behalf of my own dominant function.
    If you spend your life being embarrassed by the antics of other Fi-doms then chances are the embarrassment and shame would become so great you would eventually kill yourself. As an Fi-dom who chose to bitch about Fe in this thread my answer is: I felt like it and I enjoyed rubbing it in the mud. Who knows, if an Fe user could actually explain to me for what greater purpose all this "regulation of interpersonal relations" actually serves (other than an Fe user's own desires) then I may embrace it. But as of yet I have never seen this occur so I am left to conclude it is as "selfish" as Fi but refuses to acknowledge itself as such.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    If you spend your life being embarrassed by the antics of other Fi-doms then chances are the embarrassment and shame would become so great you would eventually kill yourself. As an Fi-dom who chose to bitch about Fe in this thread my answer is: I felt like it and I enjoyed rubbing it in the mud. Who knows, if an Fe user could actually explain to me for what greater purpose all this "regulation of interpersonal relations" actually serves (other than an Fe user's own desires) then I may embrace it. But as of yet I have never seen this occur so I am left to conclude it is as "selfish" as Fi but refuses to acknowledge itself as such.

It's nice to know you're being completely fair and don't have an axe to grind that might cloud your judgement. Fe-users are sure to find this attitude highly inviting and will no doubt be queuing up to justify themselves to you.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

It's nice to know you're being completely fair and don't have an axe to grind that might cloud your judgement. Fe-users are sure to find this attitude highly inviting and will no doubt be queuing up to justify themselves to you.
    I can do sarcasm as well. I'm not really in the mood for Fe-users today but perhaps I can spare a few minutes if they choose to approach me. After all this is an answer I have been waiting a long time for. I don't really have an axe to grind as much as it seems, I ignore most of their antics. I just want to know what the fuck is going on?

I'm not going to start patting them on the back for putting on a performance akin to the pantomime or the face. If they're lucky though I may (if I was suitably entertained) thank them for giving me something to laugh at. You can if you choose but try and keep your compliments of Fe authentic and genuine. We don't want you to start brown nosing and kissing ass now do we?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Both good points. But something that has always bothered me about how Fe is described is that it is often outlined as a function depending entirely on environment and that without a positive environment it becomes used to bad practice and poor conduct, because that would be the social norm.

I can't imagine, for example, Fe ever coming up with ideas of rebellion or social change, without those ideas first being implanted in the Fe's environment by external sources. The flimsiness of this is quite frightening when you examine it.
    Ah, but Fe (like Te, Ne, and Se) isn't "external" in the sense that the user wields no control over it. We focus on and interpret the things that are most important to us - and Fe acts on values and may help develop them, but the functions are brain processes, not content. It is up to each individual to determine the content.

Take an ENFJ friend of mine from college - he was a lanky, little bit dorky white guy who was at the head of a grasroots student movement to increase racial diversity in the school. Most students really didn't have that issue even on their minds, and it was very unpopular amongst the administration, who would prefer not to draw attention to that, but it was a present external disparity with negative consequences, and he used his incredible charisma and interpersonal skills to increase awareness amongst his peers and affect change.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    I can do sarcasm as well. I'm not really in the mood for Fe-users today but perhaps I can spare a few minutes if they choose to approach me. After all this is an answer I have been waiting a long time for. I don't really have an axe to grind as much as it seems, I ignore most of their antics. I just want to know what the fuck is going on?
    But can't you see how condescending you sound and that your questions are loaded?

You can if you choose but try and keep your compliments of Fe authentic and genuine. We don't want you to start brown nosing and kissing ass now do we?
    Maybe I'm secretly a Fe user and that's why I'm so fake.

You want to know my motivations? I saw this thread pop up and was offended by the OP and its implication that FPs around here don't/can't have respect for Fe; that we're all prejudiced against it. Upon reading the thread, I was then ashamed and disappointed to discover that it wasn't far from the truth. Also it seemed those comments would only further fuel all the negative things people say about Fi, which I was not impressed about either. So pardon me for not jumping on the hate bandwagon, and wanting to distance myself from all that.

This isn't Fe ass kissing; it's a Te-bitchslap.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Much of what I am reading seems about being so-dom, not specifically about Fi or Fe. (Or not being so-dom.)

So, carry on with the misinformation-fest.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Ah, but Fe (like Te, Ne, and Se) isn't "external" in the sense that the user wields no control over it. We focus on and interpret the things that are most important to us - and Fe acts on values and may help develop them, but the functions are brain processes, not content. It is up to each individual to determine the content.

Take an ENFJ friend of mine from college - he was a lanky, little bit dorky white guy who was at the head of a grasroots student movement to increase racial diversity in the school. Most students really didn't have that issue even on their minds, and it was very unpopular amongst the administration, who would prefer not to draw attention to that, but it was a present external disparity with negative consequences, and he used his incredible charisma and interpersonal skills to increase awareness amongst his peers and affect change.
    This seems to be confirming the assertion AA made as well as my thoughts on the matter. The ENFJ seemed to have access to two environments if I'm not mistaken - a primary one which promoted that racial diversity was good and the campus. If the campus was the lesser of the two it would be classified as deficient and then subject to alteration so it became more like the primary (which sees racial diversity as morally right.) If this is true then it doesn't challenge AA's statement - Had an environment which lacked diversity been his only ethical construct he wouldn't have battered an eyelid, let alone sought to change it.

But can't you see how condescending you sound and that your questions are loaded?

Maybe I'm secretly a Fe user and that's why I'm so fake.

You want to know my motivations? I saw this thread pop up and was offended by the OP and its implication that FPs around here don't/can't have respect for Fe; that we're all prejudiced against it. Upon reading the thread, I was then ashamed and disappointed to discover that it wasn't far from the truth. Also it seemed those comments would only further fuel all the negative things people say about Fi, which I was not impressed about either. So pardon me for not jumping on the hate bandwagon, and wanting to distance myself from all that.

This isn't Fe ass kissing; it's a Te-bitchslap.
    Mate, you have the wrong end of the stick and/or jumping to conclusions.

1) I applied the condescending tone because you were sarcastic about my first post which was actually serious with no ill will. I like to play games so rose to the challenge.
    2) You completely missed the point of the second paragraph. Well done. I wasn't calling you fake, it blatantly indicated you had the capacity to be genuine!
    3) Fi-dom views about Fe are just opinions. Opinions I might add we tried to justify to make any anti-Fe more rational. In the end though opinions are like assholes.
    4) Believing Fi criticism of Fe makes Fi look in a bad light is without basis. It would just be a person's opinion.

I won't reply anymore as I am making a calculated attempt to leave this site for good. Something I had to take care of caused my addiction to return and I lack willpower and I'm weak willed. So if you are to reply then don't expect a response.

Farewell.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Opinion Shmopinion. Title is requesting something nice if possible. Would it have been so hard to just say something nice or nothing at all?
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    Opinion Shmopinion. Title is requesting something nice if possible. Would it have been so hard to just say something nice or nothing at all?
    Preference would have been to 'nothing at all'. imo, the OP was just bait - better not to bite.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching