User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is the author?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

    1 11.11%
  • INFP

    6 66.67%
  • Other (explain, or else!)

    2 22.22%
12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 13

  1. #1
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,047

    Default Type the author of this website.

    http://www.mactonnies.com/bio.html

    I'm gonna go with INFP.

    The reason is primarily this:

    I'm a skeptic, agnostic and existentialist; I perceive reality as a kind of consensual hallucination that forces us to define our sense of identity without recourse to faith or superstition.
    While skeptic and the anti-superstition sounds kind of NT, the "consensual halluncination" doesn't sound very Ti.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  2. #2
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Does it matter what type they are?

    All that aside, I have trouble imagining an INTP opening their page with lyrics from The Smiths.

    I don't think INFPs a bad guess, although they've definitely had a lot of T development. Cronenberg and Lynch are interesting "favorite" directors -- they tend to be original and off-the-norm, lots of N influence rather than a dependence on the rational. For hardcore T's without much care for N, Lynch can seem kind of crazy... he operates through other channels than the rational and explicable.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  3. #3
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    lmao. that's Ni. Those websites are full on Ni Ti loop of crazy.

  4. #4
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Does it matter what type they are?

    Well, this is mostly an intellectual exercise to see how well I understand various cognitive functions. This site is interesting to me because it seems to exist on the border between the INTP brand of crazy, and the INFP brand of crazy. Seems to me that if I could identify whether they are a Ti dom or a Fi dom, I may have learned something. I'm not sure I'm ever going to understand "Fi", but I can at least see what it looks like.

    "seeing reality as a consensual hallucinaton" sounds more Fi than Ni to me. And it's certainly not Ti.



    Also, there's a shitload of GIF's, and for some reason, Fi doms/auxs seem to like GIFs. I'm not sure why that is, but it's a pattern I've noticed.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  5. #5
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Well, this is mostly an intellectual exercise to see how well I understand various cognitive functions. This site is interesting to me because it seems to exist on the border between the INTP brand of crazy, and the INFP brand of crazy. Seems to me that if I could identify whether they are a Ti dom or a Fi dom, I may have learned something. I'm not sure I'm ever going to understand "Fi", but I can at least see what it looks like.

    "seeing reality as a consensual hallucinaton" sounds more Fi than Ni to me. And it's certainly not Ti.
    Right.

    I mean, like I said, I actually agree with what you're saying. INTPs tend to veer into the more detached kind of crazy, if you get my drift... more machine-like typically... the INFP crazies would have more of a personal bent and personal feel... a humanistic kind of drift even if they do put a lot of stuff together. There is an extreme of "personal individuality" in the worldview, versus "detached logic". The resonance of the material with the individual doing the writing provides the logic template used -- the more it resonates, the more it is "correct" to them. Off-kilter INTPs seem more about using rigid logic arguments/sets to define what is more true.

    Also, there's a shitload of GIF's, and for some reason, Fi doms/auxs seem to like GIFs. I'm not sure why that is, but it's a pattern I've noticed.
    Do you mean gifs as in pictures, or gifs vs jpgs?

    Note that the page design is basically a Wave 2 HTML page setup (late 90's / early 2000's), and I think GIFs were more popular especially for line art since they reduced very well without quality drop (vs JPGs used for photos, where a low size meant quality loss). Nowadays, downloads are so fast that file size isn't nearly as important, looks like JPGs and PNGs are more standard and cross-platform.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  6. #6
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Well we share the same music taste
    I wouldn't rule out INFJ either. Mostly I think 5w4, which could be any INxx type.
    He sounds a bit like a 5w4 INTP I knew once; 5w4 INTPs are decidedly more crazy than logical. It's a matter of dryness I guess, which belongs more to the other INTPs.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    He sounds a bit like a 5w4 INTP I knew once; 5w4 INTPs are decidedly more crazy than logical. It's a matter of dryness I guess, which belongs more to the other INTPs.
    How dare you say such a thing? We're no more crazy than any other marshmallow vampires!

  8. #8
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

    Do you mean gifs as in pictures, or gifs vs jpgs?

    Note that the page design is basically a Wave 2 HTML page setup (late 90's / early 2000's), and I think GIFs were more popular especially for line art since they reduced very well without quality drop (vs JPGs used for photos, where a low size meant quality loss). Nowadays, downloads are so fast that file size isn't nearly as important, looks like JPGs and PNGs are more standard and cross-platform.
    I mean animated GIFs. I should have clarified. Those appear to be the main reason people use GIFs these days! The age might have also something to do with it, too, however.

    Quote Originally Posted by En Gallop View Post
    How dare you say such a thing? We're no more crazy than any other marshmallow vampires!
    Ha, to be clear, I'm not accusing all Fi dom/aux's of believing in UFO's or craziness like that. I'm just saying that while INTP's believe in that, it looks different. UFO's would be an objective, absolute "Truth" for an INTP, instead of an example of how reality is ultimately hallucinogenic. The latter seems like something an INTP would never say. We like the truth to be knowable too much.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post


    Ha, to be clear, I'm not accusing all Fi dom/aux's of believing in UFO's or craziness like that. I'm just saying that while INTP's believe in that, it looks different. UFO's would be an objective, absolute "Truth" for an INTP, instead of an example of how reality is ultimately hallucinogenic. The latter seems like something an INTP would never say. We like the truth to be knowable too much.
    Haha yeah, I see where you're coming from. But the guy does have a kind of point in a way, in that we are forced to see things from a purely human (and therefore small-scale and unrealistic) perspective. The universe of quantum physics, and inside a black hole, (for two examples) looks extremely different. Maybe he just meant the same thing but didn't feel like explaining it? Maybe he means our perspective of the world is an illusion?

    I believe there's life in space (the evidence is on Earth, at least, as Earth is in space) but I'm sceptical about extra-terrestrial UFO's coming here like in War of the Worlds haha.

  10. #10
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by En Gallop View Post
    Haha yeah, I see where you're coming from. But the guy does have a kind of point in a way, in that we are forced to see things from a purely human (and therefore small-scale and unrealistic) perspective. The universe of quantum physics, and inside a black hole, (for two examples) looks extremely different. Maybe he just meant the same thing but didn't feel like explaining it? Maybe he means our perspective of the world is an illusion?
    Well, yes, in one sense, our knowledge of the world is limited by our perceptions. However, that perception is all we have, so it doesn't seem worthwhile to me to get hung up on that. Even if it is all an illusion, it's so convincing it shouldn't matter.


    I believe there's life in space (the evidence is on Earth, at least, as Earth is in space) but I'm sceptical about extra-terrestrial UFO's coming here like in War of the Worlds haha.
    Oh, undoubtedly. I think the idea that we're all alone in the universe sounds too much like people want humans to be speshul. I doubt we will contact extraterrestrials any time soon, but I really wonder how religion would react to this. Has anyone wrote a good sci-fi book about that? I mean, Dune goes into religion post-earth, but there aren't really any aliens.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Similar Threads

  1. What can you say about the character of the author of this piece?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-21-2013, 09:44 PM
  2. What Type Is The Author Of The US Declaration of Independence?
    By highlander in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 12:08 PM
  3. What is the name of this Meme?
    By BlackCat in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 07:03 PM
  4. Type the authors of these writings....
    By am_i_evil666 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 11:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO