• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type the author of this website.

What type is the author?

• INTP

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • INFP

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Other (explain, or else!)

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
http://www.mactonnies.com/bio.html

I'm gonna go with INFP.

The reason is primarily this:

I'm a skeptic, agnostic and existentialist; I perceive reality as a kind of consensual hallucination that forces us to define our sense of identity without recourse to faith or superstition.

While skeptic and the anti-superstition sounds kind of NT, the "consensual halluncination" doesn't sound very Ti.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does it matter what type they are?

All that aside, I have trouble imagining an INTP opening their page with lyrics from The Smiths. ;)

I don't think INFPs a bad guess, although they've definitely had a lot of T development. Cronenberg and Lynch are interesting "favorite" directors -- they tend to be original and off-the-norm, lots of N influence rather than a dependence on the rational. For hardcore T's without much care for N, Lynch can seem kind of crazy... he operates through other channels than the rational and explicable.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
lmao. that's Ni. Those websites are full on Ni Ti loop of crazy.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does it matter what type they are?

Well, this is mostly an intellectual exercise to see how well I understand various cognitive functions. This site is interesting to me because it seems to exist on the border between the INTP brand of crazy, and the INFP brand of crazy. Seems to me that if I could identify whether they are a Ti dom or a Fi dom, I may have learned something. I'm not sure I'm ever going to understand "Fi", but I can at least see what it looks like.

"seeing reality as a consensual hallucinaton" sounds more Fi than Ni to me. And it's certainly not Ti.

Also, there's a shitload of GIF's, and for some reason, Fi doms/auxs seem to like GIFs. I'm not sure why that is, but it's a pattern I've noticed.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, this is mostly an intellectual exercise to see how well I understand various cognitive functions. This site is interesting to me because it seems to exist on the border between the INTP brand of crazy, and the INFP brand of crazy. Seems to me that if I could identify whether they are a Ti dom or a Fi dom, I may have learned something. I'm not sure I'm ever going to understand "Fi", but I can at least see what it looks like.

"seeing reality as a consensual hallucinaton" sounds more Fi than Ni to me. And it's certainly not Ti.

Right.

I mean, like I said, I actually agree with what you're saying. INTPs tend to veer into the more detached kind of crazy, if you get my drift... more machine-like typically... the INFP crazies would have more of a personal bent and personal feel... a humanistic kind of drift even if they do put a lot of stuff together. There is an extreme of "personal individuality" in the worldview, versus "detached logic". The resonance of the material with the individual doing the writing provides the logic template used -- the more it resonates, the more it is "correct" to them. Off-kilter INTPs seem more about using rigid logic arguments/sets to define what is more true.

Also, there's a shitload of GIF's, and for some reason, Fi doms/auxs seem to like GIFs. I'm not sure why that is, but it's a pattern I've noticed.

Do you mean gifs as in pictures, or gifs vs jpgs?

Note that the page design is basically a Wave 2 HTML page setup (late 90's / early 2000's), and I think GIFs were more popular especially for line art since they reduced very well without quality drop (vs JPGs used for photos, where a low size meant quality loss). Nowadays, downloads are so fast that file size isn't nearly as important, looks like JPGs and PNGs are more standard and cross-platform.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well we share the same music taste :D
I wouldn't rule out INFJ either. Mostly I think 5w4, which could be any INxx type.
He sounds a bit like a 5w4 INTP I knew once; 5w4 INTPs are decidedly more crazy than logical. It's a matter of dryness I guess, which belongs more to the other INTPs.

En Gallop

He sounds a bit like a 5w4 INTP I knew once; 5w4 INTPs are decidedly more crazy than logical. It's a matter of dryness I guess, which belongs more to the other INTPs.

How dare you say such a thing? We're no more crazy than any other marshmallow vampires! :)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you mean gifs as in pictures, or gifs vs jpgs?

Note that the page design is basically a Wave 2 HTML page setup (late 90's / early 2000's), and I think GIFs were more popular especially for line art since they reduced very well without quality drop (vs JPGs used for photos, where a low size meant quality loss). Nowadays, downloads are so fast that file size isn't nearly as important, looks like JPGs and PNGs are more standard and cross-platform.

I mean animated GIFs. I should have clarified. Those appear to be the main reason people use GIFs these days! The age might have also something to do with it, too, however.

How dare you say such a thing? We're no more crazy than any other marshmallow vampires! :)

Ha, to be clear, I'm not accusing all Fi dom/aux's of believing in UFO's or craziness like that. I'm just saying that while INTP's believe in that, it looks different. UFO's would be an objective, absolute "Truth" for an INTP, instead of an example of how reality is ultimately hallucinogenic. The latter seems like something an INTP would never say. We like the truth to be knowable too much.

En Gallop

Ha, to be clear, I'm not accusing all Fi dom/aux's of believing in UFO's or craziness like that. I'm just saying that while INTP's believe in that, it looks different. UFO's would be an objective, absolute "Truth" for an INTP, instead of an example of how reality is ultimately hallucinogenic. The latter seems like something an INTP would never say. We like the truth to be knowable too much.

Haha yeah, I see where you're coming from. But the guy does have a kind of point in a way, in that we are forced to see things from a purely human (and therefore small-scale and unrealistic) perspective. The universe of quantum physics, and inside a black hole, (for two examples) looks extremely different. Maybe he just meant the same thing but didn't feel like explaining it? Maybe he means our perspective of the world is an illusion?

I believe there's life in space (the evidence is on Earth, at least, as Earth is in space) but I'm sceptical about extra-terrestrial UFO's coming here like in War of the Worlds haha.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Haha yeah, I see where you're coming from. But the guy does have a kind of point in a way, in that we are forced to see things from a purely human (and therefore small-scale and unrealistic) perspective. The universe of quantum physics, and inside a black hole, (for two examples) looks extremely different. Maybe he just meant the same thing but didn't feel like explaining it? Maybe he means our perspective of the world is an illusion?

Well, yes, in one sense, our knowledge of the world is limited by our perceptions. However, that perception is all we have, so it doesn't seem worthwhile to me to get hung up on that. Even if it is all an illusion, it's so convincing it shouldn't matter.

I believe there's life in space (the evidence is on Earth, at least, as Earth is in space) but I'm sceptical about extra-terrestrial UFO's coming here like in War of the Worlds haha.

Oh, undoubtedly. I think the idea that we're all alone in the universe sounds too much like people want humans to be speshul. I doubt we will contact extraterrestrials any time soon, but I really wonder how religion would react to this. Has anyone wrote a good sci-fi book about that? I mean, Dune goes into religion post-earth, but there aren't really any aliens.

En Gallop

Well, yes, in one sense, our knowledge of the world is limited by our perceptions. However, that perception is all we have, so it doesn't seem worthwhile to me to get hung up on that. Even if it is all an illusion, it's so convincing it shouldn't matter.

Oh, undoubtedly. I think the idea that we're all alone in the universe sounds too much like people want humans to be speshul. I doubt we will contact extraterrestrials any time soon, but I really wonder how religion would react to this. Has anyone wrote a good sci-fi book about that? I mean, Dune goes into religion post-earth, but there aren't really any aliens.

Well that's the brilliance of science and mathematics. They allow us to see the world for what it really is, not what it appears to be. Or, at least, get a little closer to reality every time anyway haha.

The idea of only Earth having life would be the weirdest anomaly ever found in science. If it turns out to be true, the theists probably have a point haha! :D I'm not sure if I've read one, off the top of my head, but I want to be a sci-fi/fantasy novelist so I'll give it a shot lol.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well that's the brilliance of science and mathematics. They allow us to see the world for what it really is, not what it appears to be. Or, at least, get a little closer to reality every time anyway haha.

True. I guess I was also referring to the people who think that science and mathematics is another illusion, whom I think the guy in the website would probably agree with. I think that, while it's possible, it's convincing enough that it wouldn't matter.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
He uses the words "I" and "I'm" a lot. Often [not always], INFJ authors will refer to themselves in 3rd person as if someone else is doing the writing because they'd be more focused on the reader [or rather on projecting what they imagine the reader will want to see] than on themselves. This person is self-focused....just noting.