User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is the author?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

1 11.11%
  • INFP

6 66.67%
  • Other (explain, or else!)

2 22.22%
First 12

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Well, yes, in one sense, our knowledge of the world is limited by our perceptions. However, that perception is all we have, so it doesn't seem worthwhile to me to get hung up on that. Even if it is all an illusion, it's so convincing it shouldn't matter.

Oh, undoubtedly. I think the idea that we're all alone in the universe sounds too much like people want humans to be speshul. I doubt we will contact extraterrestrials any time soon, but I really wonder how religion would react to this. Has anyone wrote a good sci-fi book about that? I mean, Dune goes into religion post-earth, but there aren't really any aliens.
    Well that's the brilliance of science and mathematics. They allow us to see the world for what it really is, not what it appears to be. Or, at least, get a little closer to reality every time anyway haha.

The idea of only Earth having life would be the weirdest anomaly ever found in science. If it turns out to be true, the theists probably have a point haha! I'm not sure if I've read one, off the top of my head, but I want to be a sci-fi/fantasy novelist so I'll give it a shot lol.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by En Gallop View Post
    Well that's the brilliance of science and mathematics. They allow us to see the world for what it really is, not what it appears to be. Or, at least, get a little closer to reality every time anyway haha.
    True. I guess I was also referring to the people who think that science and mathematics is another illusion, whom I think the guy in the website would probably agree with. I think that, while it's possible, it's convincing enough that it wouldn't matter.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Enneagram
    9w8

He uses the words "I" and "I'm" a lot. Often [not always], INFJ authors will refer to themselves in 3rd person as if someone else is doing the writing because they'd be more focused on the reader [or rather on projecting what they imagine the reader will want to see] than on themselves. This person is self-focused....just noting.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14