User Tag List

First 12

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I'm not sure what the OP is asking exactly. But I'm not very comfortable around 6's. One of my best friends growing up was a 6. My dad was a 6. My mother is a 9w1. My wife is a 9w8. I've got the type down fairly well by now I think. And I can conclude that, with a 9, what you see is what you get. With 6s, you never know which face they're going to show from day to day.

I can go into greater detail about their respective MBTI's.

If you would like, I'm not one to turn down information.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    If you would like, I'm not one to turn down information.
    6s are logical thinkers, but somewhat manipulative and very pragmatic. I worked with one ISTP 6 in my younger years who had tourette's, although it was less severe at that time than when he was a child. His neck/shoulder area was twitchy, and he exaggerated wildly about his masculinity. (For example, he says he lost his virginity when he was 3, he can drink a gallon of everclear, shit like that.) Last year I happened upon an old newspaper article reporting the time when he and his teenaged friends broke into someone's house, when they weren't at home, just to have a place to party.

ISTJ 6 definitely has a more 8-ish, tough-guy attitude. My older brother is a horrific example of this type. These types are highly intelligent, IQ wise. But they are super-control freaks. Just don't piss them off, the result could be personal injury or death.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

An ISTJ 6 that I worked with a couple times a week for a few years was verbally pushy and sometimes physically too. He has an amazing capacity for acquiring knowledge, but not higher knowledge, only technical knowledge. For example, I heard him try to discuss Yttrium with someone who was looking for an intelligent conversation. His laugh sounds like a quiet walrus bark. Everybody, except his business partner, hates the guy.

I don't feel like coming up with more thoughts right now, I'll check back here later.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Average 6's are two-faced.
    With 6s, you never know which face they're going to show from day to day.
    Once you see that we are almost always reacting, we become much simpler creatures to understand.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Once you see that we are almost always reacting, we become much simpler creatures to understand.
    Agreed.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    ISTP 6 will more likely find security in autonomy while ISTJ 6 will more likely find it in stability. ISTP is far more likely to lean cp while ISTJ is far more likely to lean phobic. ISTP 6s usually have the "troubleshooting" thing going on - more in present time. They're good on the fly. ISTJ 6 is more planning ahead, more jilted when things are changing rapidly. ISTP will more likely have sort of a Fe "soft spot"/vulnerable spot where they react strongly to feeling ganged up on - especially a sense of "paranoia" if they're 6w5. ISTJ will more likely have a sort of Ne "soft spot"/vulnerable spot where they, like MDP pointed out, react strongly to negative possibilities.
    Yes. Yes. Yes.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance