User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your Cool Si - Talk About It

5w4 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Si brings about some very strange impressions and feelings in me, although its presence is rarely evoked. By Si I am referring to Subjective Sensation, not the more confusing Introverted Sensation. (For Jung, subjective and introverted are synonymous terms.)

"Introverted sensation is subjectively filtered. Perception is not based directly on the object, but is merely suggested by it. Instead, layers of subjective impressions are superimposed upon the image so that it becomes impossible to determine what will be perceived from a knowledge only of the object."

A subjective sensation can't be easily explained by the objective facts that evoke it. It has nothing to do with memory, as Si types can be very future-oriented. A memory is just another datum. It has nothing to do with static traditionalism, as Si personality types can be very creative or unusual.

Si evokes in me images and powerful feelings that are strange to my TiNe psychology. The object is subjectively symbolized; it is not creatively fused with something fantastic, as with Ne, but only with the known and established. In our daily lives we are surrounded by Si symbology, creations of some Si mind as it impressed its subjectivity into objective reality: A nation's flag, the image of an eagle on a coin, a bolt of lightning, a totem pole. For example,

"A thunderbolt is a traditional expression for a discharge of lightning or a symbolic representation thereof. In its original usage the word may also have been a description of meteors, although this is not currently the case. As a divine manifestation it has been a powerful symbol throughout history, and has appeared in many mythologies. Drawing from this powerful association, the thunderbolt is often found in military symbolism and semiotic representations of electricity. .

Lightning plays a role in many mythologies, often as the weapon of a sky and storm god. As such, it is an unsurpassed method of dramatic instantaneous retributive destruction: thunderbolts as divine weapons can be found in most mythologies. The most familiar thunderbolt weapon in the West was that of Zeus or Jupiter. His thunderbolts, manufactured by the cyclopic children of Gaia, were used to strike down impious criminals and divine opponents.

In Hindu mythology, the god Indra is known as the god of lightning. His main weapon is the thunderbolt (Vajra).
    In Hittite and Hurrian mythology, a triple thunderbolt was one symbol of Teshub.
    In Greek mythology, the thunderbolt is a weapon given to Zeus by the Cyclops.
    In Roman mythology, the thunderbolt is a weapon given to Jupiter by the Cyclops.
    In Maya mythology, Huracan is sometimes represented as three lightning bolts.
    In Norse mythology, Odin's spear Gungnir is an embodiment of lightning. In addition, his son, Thor is specifically the god of thunder and lightning, wielding Mjolnir.
    In Native American mythology, the Ani Hyuntikwalaski ("thunder beings") cause lightning fire in a hollow sycamore tree.
    The thunderbolt continues into the modern world as a prominent symbol; it has entered modern heraldry and military iconography, typically depicted as winged and emitting flames."

Si's purpose for Man is creating and supporting the mythos at the foundation of culture.
    "I absorb energy like a sponge everywhere I go. It allows me to see the world and my purpose in it." Zak Bagans, Ghost Adventures (INFJ)

7w6 sx/so
    ENFp None

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Si isn't cool. At least not when it is dominant.

Si is that silent kid that sits in the back and appears mysterious for all of 3 seconds, until he/she opens his/her mouth and comes out with a string of snore-fest descriptions of things they have seen and facts they have heard...all in excruciating detail.

"I did this and went here and he said this and she responded this and then we went there and did this thing and the thingwasgoodandthenwewentsomewhereelseanddidsometh ingwithsomepeopleandblahblahsnoresnore....death"
    I love those kids
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.