User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Se or Ne more "Random"?

9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Se

2 22.22%
  • Ne

7 77.78%

Thread: Is Se or Ne more "Random"?

Banned Array
    5w6 sx/so

Default Is Se or Ne more "Random"?

It's kind of like how in episode 1 of Yugioh he somehow "randomly" collects all 5 pieces of the puzzle to summon Exodia and all of the coming chaos!
    Similarly, Se and Ne seem to create chaos out of random sequences, making them unpredictable; I'm wondering which is more random: Se or Ne?

Yu-Gi-Oh! Exodia Obliterate!

Senior Member Array

For an external observer Ne would appear much more random than Se. Se draws from the single context - the immediate tangible environment which the observer would also be aware of. As randomness is by nature unpredictable Se would be less random as the observer can see why they observed what they observed. Ne however is multi-context which are linked together via abstraction. Unless the myriad of situations Ne is utilising has been observed or understood by the observer they won't understand why or how Ne has reached that point.

In actuality I think both are as casual and predictable as each other.

Tier 1 Member Array LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    7w6 so/sp

Methinks Ne lends itself towards a certain "connecting" of things, a sort of anti-random. Se is more of the pure chaos of living.
    Tune into Ventrilo weeknights between 6pm and 1am PST for continuation of universe dominating shenanigans and occassional type-related propaganda.........

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

"An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

Infinite Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    It's kind of like how in episode 1 of Yugioh he somehow "randomly" collects all 5 pieces of the puzzle to summon Exodia and all of the coming chaos!
    Yami is actually an Ni user, it just appears random because his intuition is introverted. He had a strategy all along. INFJ 8w9, I think.

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    4w5 sp/sx
    IEI Ni

I don't know anything about that character, nor do I care, but Ne is more obviously random (to the outside observer; I don't think NPs necessarily experience themselves as random much at all), but Se certainly can be random too. The random aspect of Ne appears in SJs too, especially ESxJs with their humor. So randomness does not equal NP. With an NP, it's more of an entire way of being & seeing the world, not just wit.

To me, Ni types tend to attribute symbolic meaning to "random Se experience", and with inferior Ni, this tends to be an "everything happens for a reason" attitude which can look quite superstitious. For an NP, everything is not mysteriously connected to your individual experience (Si). Rather, general patterns emerge which disregard the little details as inconsequential to a larger meaning (ie. Si & Ne weed out that which is not impressive to them as meaningless).
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive