User Tag List

View Poll Results: Dom/Tert Loops: Real or Fake?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Real

7 77.78%
  • Fake

2 22.22%
First 12

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    okay. it just seems like you dont know what you are talking about with these:

"- we need Te/Ti to resolve cognitive dissonance.
    - we need Fi/Fe to resolve emotional dissonance.
    - we pay attention to Si/Ni for maximum coherency.
    - we pay attention to Ne/Se for maximum stimulation."

i mean those just makes zero sense and contradict other stuff which i cant be bothered to explain right now. but feel free to try and give some argument for the claims you made
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Somewhat sloppy comparison.

The loop makes sense in context of MBTI function ordering and potential discomfort with introverted/extroverted function direction. Its flaw is that of MBTI in general -- if MBTI is not accurate, then the loop concept is incorrect as well. If MBTI is right more or less, the loop concept meshes with the theory but hasn't yet been validated, it's just a construct meant to explain a behavior.

Consider looping a "working theory" ... it works theoretically but it's not verified, so it's a placeholder until some better explanation can be offered for these kinds of deviations from expected function preferences in MBTI.
    Spot on.
    Now all we need is a thread: "How many of you have faked a Dom/Tert loop and why did you do it? Just thinking about all the crazy threads right now.

In MBTI theory I'd fall into the Dom/Tert loop category as an INFJ who has typically used Ti more strongly than Fe. I know other INFJs who seem to do the same, although I'm not sure it is an example of being unhealthy. It has always seemed perfectly sensible to me. I'm not always perfectly healthy emotionally, but I wouldn't equate my own issues with being in a Dom/Tert loop.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Society

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i cant be bothered to explain right now.
    i'll be eagerly waiting

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i'll be eagerly waiting
    i dont really care because you didnt give any explanation yourself either.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    I think they exist because they are a logical way of explaining unhealthy behavior. An introvert under certain conditions will withdraw from the world and into themselves even more; a situation which causes them to bypass the extroverted auxiliary functions - after all, introversion is their natural state of being. The opposite is true for extroverts, bypassing their introverted auxiliary, for the same reasons. They would probably be too objective and avoid the inner turmoil that's going on inside them. That last statement should be clarified because I'm not as sure on it. But for introverts it definitely makes sense why they would go into a tertiary loop. For healthy being, a balance of intro- and extroversion is needed, and it makes sense that someone who isn't wouldn't have this balance. That is my take on it anyway.

Tut-tut, that shameless advertising there!
    I agree, this is how I see the loops.

functions are a method our brain produces to provide for our needs in dealing with reality.

- we need Te/Ti to resolve cognitive dissonance.
    - we need Fi/Fe to resolve emotional dissonance.
    - we pay attention to Si/Ni for maximum coherency.
    - we pay attention to Ne/Se for maximum stimulation.

these are responses to different forms of stress, and we are shaped into a given order based on the stresses we are most sensitive too.

but sometimes life deals you milk even if you're lactose intolerant - certain events, internal accumulation over time, or any combination thereof, will force you to deal hands down with the sort of stresses you are less equipped to deal with.

so if you are an ENTP and you get overwhelmed by emotional dissonance, you're Ti is no longer the tool for the job, so you'll utilize an NeFe loop.
    if an INTP feels extremely confused and overwhelmed, paying attention to Ne is just going to make things worst, so the Ti will start paying attention to Si for coherence. etc...
    I can relate to the INTP example. I claim to have strong Si but I wonder if its due to the dom-tert loop. Too much Si for too long will just stress me out.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Who thinks I'am in a TiNi Loop? Vote for this if you believe it!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    Who thinks I'am in a TiNi Loop? Vote for this if you believe it!
    i dont think you are in some "loop", but i do think you are most likely an ISTP and tend to value your introvert side(TiNi) more than TiSe. but i wouldnt wonder if you were an Ni dom
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i dont think you are in some "loop", but i do think you are most likely an ISTP and tend to value your introvert side(TiNi) more than TiSe. but i wouldnt wonder if you were an Ni dom
    Okay, thanks INTP for your input on me probably being a TiNi, and I decided to accept it; but I'm confused about whether at the end you called Ni-dom a real possibility or if you meant it's not possible, but I guess that doesn't matter too much, since the likely answer must be the right one.

I'm actually a very introverted person, and tend to withdraw from the outside world in reflection and synthesize information together into new visions for the world; that seems to fit the functions of Ti and Ni quite well. My Se is ok actually too, since I place lots of emphasis on spontaneous action and connecting with the present context.

edit - Well sorry, it looks like I changed my mind (for like the 1 millionth time), so ya...