User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which cognitive function do you associate the most with narcissism?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Se

3 20.00%
  • Si

0 0%
  • Ne

3 20.00%
  • Ni

1 6.67%
  • Te

1 6.67%
  • Ti

3 20.00%
  • Fe

2 13.33%
  • Fi

2 13.33%
First 456

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I screwed up.

It turns out that the word I'm looking for is actually histronic, not narcisstic.
    This sounds closer to the behavior I'm talking about:

*is uncomfortable in situations in which he or she is not the center of attention
    *interaction with others is often characterized by inappropriate sexually seductive or provocative behavior
    *displays rapidly shifting and shallow expression of emotions
    *consistently uses physical appearance to draw attention to self
    *has a style of speech that is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail
    *shows self-dramatization, theatricality, and exaggerated expression of emotion
    *is suggestible, i.e., easily influenced by others or circumstances
    *considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are
    That's HPD. Not accusing anyone in particular of being that, I'm just thinking of people who lean sort of close to that.

Meanwhile, this is NPD.

Takes advantage of others to reach own goals
    Expects to be recognized as superior and special, without superior accomplishments
    Expects constant attention, admiration and positive reinforcement from others
    Envies others and believes others envy him
    Is preoccupied with thoughts and fantasies of great success, enormous attractiveness, power, intelligence
    Lacks the ability to empathize with the feelings or desires of others
    Is arrogant in attitudes and behavior
    Has expectations of special treatment that are unrealistic
    This is, unfortunately, overlaps a little more with me.

I'm in agreement with Salome, then.

I'll need to do this again.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Society

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    This is, unfortunately, overlaps a little more with me.
    out of that (wiki?) list:

which applies to me:
    - Takes advantage of others to reach own goals
    - Is preoccupied with thoughts and fantasies of great success, enormous attractiveness, power, intelligence
    - Is arrogant in attitudes and behavior

which doesn't:
    - Expects to be recognized as superior and special, without superior accomplishments
    - Envies others and believes others envy him
    - Lacks the ability to empathize with the feelings or desires of others
    - Has expectations of special treatment that are unrealistic

on the grey scale:
    - Expects constant attention, admiration and positive reinforcement from others
    i enjoy attention and when the right mood and environment strikes me will attract it and grab onto it, but i don't expect it - there have being environments such as workplaces & classes where i prefered doing my own thing and intentionally kept a low profile, but in jobs that demanded attention (like sales or class-project presentations), i was much much happier.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I recognize that this thread idea has the opportunity to be offensive, but I find it to be nothing like that. I would have wished though that you had enabled to find the second most potential function for narcissism, too.

IN light of that, I'll examine ideas of the opportunity of each cognitive function's potential for narcissism.
    Se. Ooh, look at my face! It's awsome. Look at the beer I'm drinking. It spells awesome. High potential for narcissism here.
    Si. This civilization has continued on this basis for this long. I know all about this. Low potential for narcissism.
    Ne. Look at that! An albino elephant with a caucasian male. I can do so many jokes on this. Medium potential for narcissism.
    Ni. In light of evidence, I would see that this society is primarily motivated by reasons of survival. Very low potential for narcissism.
    Te. For fuck's sakes, do this already you son of a bitch! I'll do it myself if you won't do it. Medium low to medium potential for narcissism.
    Ti. I found out this thing so cleverly. Although, I'm not stopped by the fact that I'm clever. I can actually tell useful things about this. Medium potential for narcissism.
    Fe. Omg! My superiority feeds on my ability to interact, which is already awesome, and which relies on me appearing awesome. Although, I should not appear narcistic in the wrong circles. Medium high chance of narcissism.
    Fi. I'm pondering about the feelings this situation gives me about the whole. I might feel it's wholesome, or then, not. I'm deciding this and I'll use it for my own good. I might appear condescending if I take this too far. Medium to low chance of narcissism.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I recognize that this thread idea has the opportunity to be offensive, but I find it to be nothing like that. I would have wished though that you had enabled to find the second most potential function for narcissism, too.
    if this wasn't in the hidden little alleyway of "MBTI (tm) and other personality matrices", were mostly the over-analytical go to play, i would put my money that this would have turned into another big time Fi vs. Fe war.