User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Having the same type (or intelligence variant, with the same functions) is no guarantee you'll get along with someone. You'll just tend to think the same way (i.e. the same processes), but if the things you're thinking on (your beliefs, philosophies, etc) are opposed, then you can still clash. (I have often figured that it's all the more worse seeing my "hero" function Ti used against me; like used to support something I really disagree with).
    It's all about the ego, not the functions it happens to prefer.

As far as sexual attraction, that could simply be the element of mystery. Anything too much like themselves they might not be interested in, while someone with a totally different function like that might seem "exotic".
    I guess that makes sense.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    @Eric B @EJCC

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that I tend to sexually attract Fi users though, Ti users generally dislike me in real life? Why is this?
    I seem to sexually attract Ti users and Fi users dislike me. What ever is going on, I am on the other side.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

A strong preference for extroverted intuition, perhaps? Maybe a slight preference for extroverted thinking over introverted feeling. Do you think you might be Ne Te?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    A strong preference for extroverted intuition, perhaps? Maybe a slight preference for extroverted thinking over introverted feeling. Do you think you might be Ne Te?
    At times, it seems that way…

Society

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that I tend to sexually attract Fi users though, Ti users generally dislike me in real life? Why is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I seem to sexually attract Ti users and Fi users dislike me. What ever is going on, I am on the other side.
    i've had the occasional INFP crush and i'm most likely a TP...

really, i wouldn't take MBTI as a matchmaking system to heart, people are more likely to be attracted to whatever rocks their trousers and gives them a generally enjoyable time then they are to your functions.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Would you all agree?
    Did it ever occur to you that the the argumentative style a person chooses has more to do with their educational background than with their temperament?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Coherence and correspondence theory of truth

Stansmith

I'll try to frame this into something I can relate to; whenever a Lebron vs. Kobe argument comes up, I tend to argue for Lebron because he's statistically better than Kobe, and he has just as many championships as a lead man as Kobe. If someone mentions Lebron having significant help in winning his championships, I argue that almost every all time great (including Kobe) has needed an above-average supporting cast. If someone mentions Kobe having 5 championships, I argue that only 2 of them count since the other 3 pretty much belonged to Shaq.

Is that Te or Ti? I'm guessing Ti-users would point out the inconsistencies in the stat-system.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    i've had the occasional INFP crush and i'm most likely a TP...

really, i wouldn't take MBTI as a matchmaking system to heart, people are more likely to be attracted to whatever rocks their trousers and gives them a generally enjoyable time then they are to your functions.
    I'm starting to think that people are my complicated in their function development than MBTI suggests anyway. I think the functions are a valid concept, but it seems to me that knowing MBTI types does not always give a clear picture of the kinds of functions people prefer.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    NiTe and TiNe argue about whether relativity theory represents the absolute truth of things or whether it just seems as if its the truth;

TiNe: Relativity theory only seems to be true because it works, but i can give you many examples that are logical about it is only being seemingly true *inserts many examples*

NiTe: But it has been tested and it works, therefore it is true. Also einstein predicted a lot of things with it, like curvature of the space-time.

TiNe: I just gave you many logical reasons why it only seems to be true, but in reality only looks like it because it works. You see the curvature of space-time is another example, its just a model that works, but can be explained with other factors aswell *insert reasons*.

NiTe: But there is also the math that works, that at least makes it the absolute truth.

TiNe: Math working doesent mean shit because its based on assumptions, which are based on assumptions, which are based on assumptions.. You know, you can build a working model in logic that is internally consistent and which gives the right answer, but which isnt the reality of things.

NiTe: But those assumptions are things that have always worked, therefore they can be regarded as the truth.

And this goes on for hours
    What's that INTP? NiTe blindly goes by "it's been tested and it works" theory? You miss the point of Ni in its entirety and I'm almost offended to see you make such general claims based on your interpretation of how you saw NiTes arguing in the past. Nah, I'm kidding, I'm not offended. I know you have weird thoughts and it can make you assume funny things so let me correct you there.
    Ni has no part in making a NiTe user go "it just works" in any way. In fact, Ni gathers ups, downs, lefts, rights, ins and outs of a particular subject before it goes on to Te to say "let's dance in the meadows because it works scaring the crows away." It's like you think NiTe users have this kind of manual, text book, research paper, etc. in their hands and follow it because "it works". Stop dancing around INTP, you're confusing lots of things here and there. NiTe users very much go through a lot in their heads before they come to a conclusion but it tends to work in an abstract understanding of a particular situation or thing. With the understanding, it's Te that goes "yup, that's the best way to go over there".

Your TiNe and NiTe examples define a difference somewhere between Ti and Te but not TiNe and NiTe.