User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 90

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Yeah, it looks like both the NTP's and the NFP's, and even the ESTJ's agree that I'm ENTP. I must really be ENTP, lol
    I used to be very certain you are an ENTP as well, but I did some research yesterday on the functions, and I noticed how Te likes to collect systems of measurement for analysis in problems, a foundation to empirically support a construct. I thought that whole "gather everybody's opinion" thing was Fe, but I guess it's supposedly actually Te. Agreeing with people over social norms I guess is much different than agreeing with people on a question of reasoning.

    I'm wondering, is your line of reasoning more about connecting various ideas and frameworks together, are you more into thinking with dynamic developments, or kind of a transformation of both?

  2. #52
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    I used to be very certain you are an ENTP as well, but I did some research yesterday on the functions, and I noticed how Te likes to collect systems of measurement for analysis in problems, a foundation to empirically support a construct. I thought that whole "gather everybody's opinion" thing was Fe, but I guess it's supposedly actually Te. Agreeing with people over social norms I guess is much different than agreeing with people on a question of reasoning.

    I'm wondering, is your line of reasoning more about connecting various ideas and frameworks together, are you more into thinking with dynamic developments, or kind of a transformation of both?
    Read the over the past few posts. Eric B addresses this.

  3. #53
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Yeah, it looks like both the NTP's and the NFP's, and even the ESTJ's agree that I'm ENTP. I must really be ENTP, lol


    Also I agree with what @Mane said about Te using information and Ti exploring it.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  4. #54
    ⒺⓉⒷ Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Is it because Ti goes for precision so much? Also, I am assuming that things must make 100% clear sense to you as well with no holes in between?
    Yes, Ti is the one that goes for precision. It's basically an internal-based order that is used to abstract the external data.
    And yes, I would prefer ho "holes".

    Conveniently enough, Personality Junkie just put up an article on Ti vs Fi:
    http://personalityjunkie.com/05/intr...ed-thinking-ti
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

    Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

  5. #55
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Yes, Ti is the one that goes for precision. It's basically an internal-based order that is used to abstract the external data.
    And yes, I would prefer ho "holes".

    Conveniently enough, Personality Junkie just put up an article on Ti vs Fi:
    http://personalityjunkie.com/05/intr...ed-thinking-ti
    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post


    Also I agree with what @Mane said about Te using information and Ti exploring it.
    Thank you both for your input

  6. #56
    Senior Member Chiharu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Sounds about right to me. I have a very lawyerish vibe when I argue, and my SO (Ti user) drives me INSANE when he nitpicks my arguments.
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

    ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.

  7. #57
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    @Eric B @EJCC

    The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that I tend to sexually attract Fi users though, Ti users generally dislike me in real life? Why is this?

  8. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    I can't decide which is a shittier site to witness online, an NTP vs NTP debate, NTJ vs NTJ debate or an NTP vs NTJ debate. Poll?

    The NTJ debate is characterized by blindly being sure in some "reality" which no one else accepts, and the NTP debate is characterised by tert (manipulative) or inferior (unconscious) Fe, leading to passive aggression and fake "nonchalance" when really the person is deeply bitter and angry but can't even admit it to themselves.

  9. #59
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    I can't decide which is a shittier site to witness online, an NTP vs NTP debate, NTJ vs NTJ debate or an NTP vs NTJ debate. Poll?

    The NTJ debate is characterized by blindly being sure in some "reality" which no one else accepts, and the NTP debate is characterised by tert (manipulative) or inferior (unconscious) Fe, leading to passive aggression and fake "nonchalance" when really the person is deeply bitter and angry but can't even admit it to themselves.
    Go to typewatch, then you'll really see some fun debates. People will tell you that they know everything about you, and will try to dictate who you are because you give off a certain "vibe". They won't even allow you to debate them on this either.

  10. #60
    ⒺⓉⒷ Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    @Eric B @EJCC

    The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that I tend to sexually attract Fi users though, Ti users generally dislike me in real life? Why is this?
    Having the same type (or intelligence variant, with the same functions) is no guarantee you'll get along with someone. You'll just tend to think the same way (i.e. the same processes), but if the things you're thinking on (your beliefs, philosophies, etc) are opposed, then you can still clash. (I have often figured that it's all the more worse seeing my "hero" function Ti used against me; like used to support something I really disagree with).
    It's all about the ego, not the functions it happens to prefer.

    As far as sexual attraction, that could simply be the element of mystery. Anything too much like themselves they might not be interested in, while someone with a totally different function like that might seem "exotic".
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

    Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Similar Threads

  1. Is it possible that I may be using some combination of Fi, Te, Ti, and Te?
    By The Great One in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-19-2016, 07:38 PM
  2. Do Ti and Te map onto deduction vs. induction?
    By funtensity in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-23-2013, 03:15 PM
  3. Ti and Te
    By Silveresque in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 04:27 PM
  4. Could I have mixed Ti and Te?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 04:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO