User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Seems like a common ENTP opinion. I think it's natural for Thinkers to feel some cognitive dissonance with their F function.
    But it doesn't seem like most ENTP's hate Fe though, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I'm having difficulty deducing @The Great One's type; however, I can say that I am always thinking about my feelings and values (it's a waste of time much of the time, but I do it anyway lol)
    You have literally been talking to me for about a year now and still can't discern my type. I'm a hard nut to peg.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    But it doesn't seem like most ENTP's hate Fe though, do they?
    Are you kidding? I don't think I've ever met an ENTP who liked Fe as anything but a tool to use whenever they absolutely had to (or whenever it would make things more "fun", generally).

And I can't even count the number of INTJs I've met who hate Fi...
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

@The Great One How old are you? If you're not that old, then the tertiary might not be that developed. It develops at different times, sometimes in the 30's. And it will always be less preferred that Ti, and the tertiary is a vulnerable area, so if you're bombarded with too many products of the function, it will be very uncomfortable. (Like if I'm bombarded with too much Si stuff, or if I bombard an INFJ with too much Ti).

Type is defined by the two preferred functions ONLY. You can use the other ones as evidence by their archetypal roles, but not relative "strengths", or you dislike it "too much for it to be on the ego-syntonic side". Anything not preferred by the ego will be suppressed to some extent.

Otherwise, what you said in post #26 should be the clincher. It doesn't really matter so much Fi vs Fe; F in general is clearly lower in ego's preference.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Are you kidding? I don't think I've ever met an ENTP who liked Fe as anything but a tool to use whenever they absolutely had to (or whenever it would make things more "fun", generally).

And I can't even count the number of INTJs I've met who hate Fi...
    You make a good point there. One thing that I don't relate to with most ENTP's is that they don't really do much research to solve problems though. They seem to figure out the problem's solution in their head. It seems as though when you reach outside of your own brain into the external world to consult resources, that you are using Te doesn't it? I do a lot of research in problem solving, and often consult experts.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    @The Great One How old are you? If you're not that old, then the tertiary might not be that developed. It develops at different times, sometimes in the 30's. And it will always be less preferred that Ti, and the tertiary is a vulnerable area, so if you're bombarded with too many products of the function, it will be very uncomfortable. (Like if I'm bombarded with too much Si stuff, or if I bombard an INFJ with too much Ti).

Type is defined by the two preferred functions ONLY. You can use the other ones as evidence by their archetypal roles, but not relative "strengths", or you dislike it "too much for it to be on the ego-syntonic side". Anything not preferred by the ego will be suppressed to some extent.

Otherwise, what you said in post #26 should be the clincher. It doesn't really matter so much Fi vs Fe; F in general is clearly lower in ego's preference.
    It's strange though, because when you first talk to me, you would think that I was a feeler. I seemed to be in a Ne<Fe loop for a really long time. In fact, the first time I ever talked to @Elfboy on the phone he thought that I was an ENFJ.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

It's strange though, because when you first talk to me, you would think that I was a feeler. I seemed to be in a Ne<Fe loop for a really long time. In fact, the first time I ever talked to @Elfboy on the phone he thought that I was an ENFJ.
    no I didn't. I thought you were too Ne dom to function
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

You make a good point there. One thing that I don't relate to with most ENTP's is that they don't really do much research to solve problems though. They seem to figure out the problem's solution in their head. It seems as though when you reach outside of your own brain into the external world to consult resources, that you are using Te doesn't it? I do a lot of research in problem solving, and often consult experts.
    Not at all. The NTPs I know are research fiends. (See Red Herring's blog, especially; practically half the blog consists of references to Wikipedia articles. ) Could just be that Ne-dominance means they'd rather just get started on their brilliant new idea ASAP -- especially when they aren't as mature.

If anything, it's the Te-doms who are too quick to make decisions without doing enough research. As we all know, the Ti motto is "No detail is unnecessary."
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Could that be learned behavior? Like some sort of circumstance forced you into that pattern. Like a job, or education where you were taught that way (my wife went through this in a psychology curriculum, where a lot of Te was drummed into their heads, and you have to learn things that way and carry it out that way).

Really, that way of processing information will be preferred by neither ENFP nor ENTP. For both of them, something will have to be pushing them out of their normal Pi comfort zone.

You also both have Ne, which reaches outside to take in the information. That could lead to research as well. (You're taking in the information; not necessarily making judgments with it yet). For years I heavily researched interests of mine, where I wondered what things mean (like with General Relativity theory), even before the Internet, when it was hiking to the library. (Now, of course, I still do, online). When I couldn't find some info I wanted from books (not having enough info to make a clear judgment internally), I once event went to ask a professor at Columbia. The scientists created these theories, so they will know these things. I take from them what I want to know, and then make my own decisions with it. (I don't stick with "they said this, it must be true).
    That was clearly Ne. I want to take in the info (Pe) enough, so I'll do whatever is necessary to get it.

It's strange though, because when you first talk to me, you would think that I was a feeler. I seemed to be in a Ne<Fe loop for a really long time.
    That could be Interaction Style ("informing", which is "people-focused", and thus softer than a "directive" type, and thus softer than all the other T's —ST and NTJ). Again, with the dom. Ne, both ENFP and ENTP will seem very similar on the surface. Especially compared to some of the overgeneralized NT "calm, cool vulcan" descriptions.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    no I didn't. I thought you were too Ne dom to function
    Yeah, I remember that you thought that you either thought that I was an ENTP or an ENFJ.

Not at all. The NTPs I know are research fiends. (See Red Herring's blog, especially; practically half the blog consists of references to Wikipedia articles. ) Could just be that Ne-dominance means they'd rather just get started on their brilliant new idea ASAP -- especially when they aren't as mature.

If anything, it's the Te-doms who are too quick to make decisions without doing enough research. As we all know, the Ti motto is "No detail is unnecessary."
    No way, is that true. Te doms can't even come to a decision without doing research it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Could that be learned behavior? Like some sort of circumstance forced you into that pattern. Like a job, or education where you were taught that way (my wife went through this in a psychology curriculum, where a lot of Te was drummed into their heads, and you have to learn things that way and carry it out that way).

Really, that way of processing information will be preferred by neither ENFP nor ENTP. For both of them, something will have to be pushing them out of their normal Pi comfort zone.

You also both have Ne, which reaches outside to take in the information. That could lead to research as well. (You're taking in the information; not necessarily making judgments with it yet). For years I heavily researched interests of mine, where I wondered what things mean (like with General Relativity theory), even before the Internet, when it was hiking to the library. (Now, of course, I still do, online). When I couldn't find some info I wanted from books (not having enough info to make a clear judgment internally), I once event went to ask a professor at Columbia. The scientists created these theories, so they will know these things. I take from them what I want to know, and then make my own decisions with it. (I don't stick with "they said this, it must be true).
    That was clearly Ne. I want to take in the info (Pe) enough, so I'll do whatever is necessary to get it.

That could be Interaction Style ("informing", which is "people-focused", and thus softer than a "directive" type, and thus softer than all the other T's —ST and NTJ). Again, with the dom. Ne, both ENFP and ENTP will seem very similar on the surface. Especially compared to some of the overgeneralized NT "calm, cool vulcan" descriptions.
    Well, my way of problem solving could be because I got an A.A. in psychology yes. However, it could also be because I am a core 6 and I need something outside of myself in order to verify that the information is correct. I don't always trust myself enough to solve the problem correctly though. I do have the Ti detail-orientedness though. When a problem is to be solved I like it to be like solving a rubix cube where every piece is in the right place, where everything just makes sense, and where the problem is completely 100% solved and there are no questions left. I sometimes become obsessive about solving problems and if I can't find the solution, I literally will stay up all night trying to solve the problem. I really don't like this about me.

I also should mention that when I consult experts in the field on how to solve a problem I often do it to generate ideas, and don't always trust the experts. This really pisses off a lot of people too. For instance, I have PTSD and have tried for years now to consult therapists on how to fix my problem. They will often give me suggestions as well, and I often times call them dumb asses because I often think that I can solve the problem better than them. I piss off a lot of people.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Yeah, that sounds like Ne+Ti, and typical ENTP!
    And if you have a psychological degree, then you learned things in a very Te way (atatistics; and did you have to learn how to write papers APA style?)

Type Ideas