User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    What here makes you think you're an ENFP, “in denial” (which I was once essentially accused of as well)?
    You seemed to identify with my example of switching to Te as backup. The tertiary may “inflate” itself to appear stronger than it is sometimes, but this is still a temporary thing. I don't see why anyone would be in denial of their true type. That seems to stem from a misconception that Feelers (especially male ones) all want to be Thinkers.
    But it's our unpreferred perspectives that we are usually more in denial of.

I could be wrong, but from what I've seen, ENTP seems right. In the OP, you create categories and name them (typical Berens/Nardi Ti definitions), which is an internal analysis being expressed, and while anyone can do this, it is an evidence of preference. (Fi preferrers think too much of that is too “impersonal”).
    I will probably make a thread about it and invite you to it. I've been contemplating this for a long time.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I could be wrong, but from what I've seen, ENTP seems right. In the OP, you create categories and name them (typical Berens/Nardi Ti definitions), which is an internal analysis being expressed, and while anyone can do this, it is an evidence of preference. (Fi preferrers think too much of that is too “impersonal”).
    Out of curiosity, what makes The Great One any different from Elfboy, in this regard? I get similar vibes from the two of them, and I've seen them both make "naming" threads in an attempt to better understand various concepts.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Out of curiosity, what makes The Great One any different from Elfboy, in this regard? I get similar vibes from the two of them, and I've seen them both make "naming" threads in an attempt to better understand various concepts.
    @Elfboy and I actually came up with the concept of this thread together. He named the Ti user "the film critic" and I called the Te user, "the lawyer".

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I'm trying to remember if I've discussed type with Elfboy, and just the character of his posts in general (the name is certainly familiar). I don't recall ever questioning his type, so when I think of both names, they may be similar, but don't seem exactly the same to me. Great One seems a bit more "technical" oriented, and Eflboy less so.
    Just checking recent posts, I see this in the "Typed Correctly" thread: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post2073687

That would seem to fit what I remember about his style of communicating, and again, it's not as technically oriented as what I remember of Great One. And he seems sure he's an F there, as well, disclaiming both Ti and Te.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    @Elfboy and I actually came up with the concept of this thread together. He named the Ti user "the film critic" and I called the Te user, "the lawyer".
    So if you both share dominant Ne, then there will be a lot of similarity (perhaps hard to tell the types apart, and to Jung, originally, they were the same type), and you can both put forth a lot of ideas like that. Ne can certainly name ideas, but you're the one focusing on the categories more, in being the author of this thread, and repeatedly referencing them. Again, compare with the way he argues type in that other thread. (Maybe you've posted like that too, but if so, I don't remember).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I'm trying to remember if I've discussed type with Elfboy, and just the character of his posts in general (the name is certainly familiar). I don't recall ever questioning his type, so when I think of both names, they may be similar, but don't seem exactly the same to me. Great One seems a bit more "technical" oriented, and Eflboy less so.
    Just checking recent posts, I see this in the "Typed Correctly" thread: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post2073687

That would seem to fit what I remember about his style of communicating, and again, it's not as technically oriented as what I remember of Great One. And he seems sure he's an F there, as well, disclaiming both Ti and Te.
    Elfboy has always seemed more Te than Ti, to me. More of a lawyer than a film critic.

But I don't know The Great One well enough to know from anything except for "vibe theory".

So if you both share dominant Ne, then there will be a lot of similarity (perhaps hard to tell the types apart, and to Jung, originally, they were the same type), and you can both put forth a lot of ideas like that. Ne can certainly name ideas, but you're the one focusing on the categories more, in being the author of this thread, and repeatedly referencing them. Again, compare with the way he argues type in that other thread. (Maybe you've posted like that too, but if so, I don't remember).
    Elfboy tends to do that, too. But I dunno. I could see them being ENFP/ENTP.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

It's true. I am very good with technical things such as gizmos, gadgets, etc. In fact, I'm majoring in computer science right now because of my tremendous technical ability. Another thing that I do not relate to when it comes to Fi users is how they tell me that they are constantly thinking about their values, what they believe in, and how they feel about things: I never do this...ever. I also find myself empathetic though, which most Ti users I find suck at, and I'm also pretty good at expressing my feelings.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Another thing that I do not relate to when it comes to Fi users is how they tell me that they are constantly thinking about their values, what they believe in, and how they feel about things: I never do this...ever.
    Pretty good argument for ENTP, right there.

Thoughts from @Elfboy?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Thoughts from @Elfboy?
    Though, one argument for ENFP is that I highly dislike Fe, and that it keeps you from really expressing your real thoughts and opinions (and possibly feelings) about an issue. Fe is often trying to sugar-coat things in order to offend people less in my opinion, and I feel that it really censors me. It really pisses me off sometimes, I must say. However, I can use it if need be, I just dislike using it.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Though, one argument for ENFP is that I highly dislike Fe, and that it keeps you from really expressing your real thoughts and opinions (and possibly feelings) about an issue. Fe is often trying to sugar-coat things in order to offend people less in my opinion, and I feel that it really censors me. It really pisses me off sometimes, I must say. However, I can use it if need be, I just dislike using it.
    Seems like a common ENTP opinion. I think it's natural for Thinkers to feel some cognitive dissonance with their F function.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Thoughts from @Elfboy?
    I'm having difficulty deducing @The Great One's type; however, I can say that I am always thinking about my feelings and values (it's a waste of time much of the time, but I do it anyway lol)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire