User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 90

  1. #11
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    This is funny because by your definition I would have Ti. I've always thought that mathematical speculations about space and time are much to imaginary and speculative to be "absolutely accurate." Same as with anyone who says "God definitely does not exist because of math." I almost want to shake people who talk like this, I'm like if you haven't seen it with your own eyes or can't measure it, how can you be so sure?

    I thought It was Se and Te that made me think this way.

    However, I've heard that Te appeals to authoritative sources, and it's true, I do that, I like to talk about statistics and stuff.

    Your last sentence actually sounds like something an STJ would say, not an NTJ. Because it's always worked? Nah nah.
    Well thats something that actually happened, so its not some definition i made up
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  2. #12
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    This sounds sort of akin to rationalism vs. empiricism. Rationalism seems sort of Ti, and empiricism seems sort of Te.
    Yea, Jung wrote a chapter on how empirism/rationalism relates to type.

    Ps. I could write an NiTe vs TiNe argument about this too and whether isms can be useful or not
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  3. #13
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Well thats something that actually happened, so its not some definition i made up
    Ok.

    Good to know.

    And I'm saying that I really agree with the INTP side of this more than the supposed INTJ in question.

    Don't know what this is about.

  4. #14
    ⒺⓉⒷ Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    3,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    It is interesting that you say that you often reference facts many times when you are stuck because I do the same thing. Can you explain to me how you do this because I am once again on the fence about my type.
    The example I can think of right now, is how I often appeal to Berens' model (Interaction Styles plus Keirsey temperament) to illustrate my theory of how the FIRO system corresponds to MBTI type. I really did my own internal analysis to verify a match, but because I don't have any authority in the field, and FIRO (and especilly the APS temperament system based on it) aren't that popular, then I appeal to a type professional who is respected, or at least widely known in the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    And I'm saying that I really agree with the INTP side of this more an the supposed INTJ in question.

    Don't know what this is about.
    Sounds like it could be the whole “right brain alternative” thing. (Fi and Ti are both “P” attitude functions, so will actually have some things in common, and according to “Crow's Nest” theory, you might sometimes switch to Ti before Te).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

    Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

  5. #15
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    This sounds sort of akin to rationalism vs. empiricism. Rationalism seems sort of Ti, and empiricism seems sort of Te.
    Yeah, I just took a "History of Psyche" class that dealt a lot with this topic. Personally, I agree with your assumption that Empirical psychologists tend to be Te users. However, I would disagree, and I would say that rational psychologists tend to be intuition first.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    The example I can think of right now, is how I often appeal to Berens' model (Interaction Styles plus Keirsey temperament) to illustrate my theory of how the FIRO system corresponds to MBTI type. I really did my own internal analysis to verify a match, but because I don't have any authority in the field, and FIRO (and especilly the APS temperament system based on it) aren't that popular, then I appeal to a type professional who is respected, or at least widely known in the field.
    Sounds like it could be the whole “right brain alternative” thing. (Fi and Ti are both “P” attitude functions, so will actually have some things in common, and according to “Crow's Nest” theory, you might sometimes switch to Ti before Te).
    Yeah, I do a lot of this as well. It makes me once again question whether I am entp or enfp.

  6. #16
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,450

    Default

    I wholeheartedly agree with the OP, and with @Eric B and @skylights' posts.

    @Viridian just introduced me to a great example of the Te side of this:



    The scene I'm thinking of starts at 9:30 or so, and its most relevant part is from 12:10 to 13:15.
    Mitsuru: By the way, Mr. Ekoda... All this time, you've attributed Yamagishi's absences to "illness". But in reality, she was missing. You must have been aware of that. ...What was your intention?
    Mr. Ekoda: I was thinking of the students, of course. You children may not understand, but we have to consider the future of everyone affected.
    Mitsuru: You mean, you chose not to report this to the police for the "good of the class".
    Mr. Ekoda: It, it was in her best interest. I wouldn't want her records to be stained by something like this. Her parents agree!
    Mitsuru: So to protect your career, you ignored your responsibility as a teacher.
    It's not even a debate. Just like the OP suggested, it's essentially putting them on trial.* For Te types, the preferred method seems to be to collect as much data as you can and then confront them with the truth. Mitsuru's a definite STJ, but I have a good friend who's an ENFP and does almost exactly the same thing.


    *Which is especially striking in the video, because Mitsuru is a high school student and Mr. Ekoda is a teacher. But Te-users are often known for doing this sort of thing when others might consider it risky or even out of line.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  7. #17
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree with the OP, and with @Eric B and @skylights' posts.

    @Viridian just introduced me to a great example of the Te side of this:



    The scene I'm thinking of starts at 9:30 or so, and its most relevant part is from 12:10 to 13:15.


    It's not even a debate. Just like the OP suggested, it's essentially putting them on trial.* For Te types, the preferred method seems to be to collect as much data as you can and then confront them with the truth. Mitsuru's a definite TJ, but I have a good friend who's an ENFP and does almost exactly the same thing.


    *Which is especially striking in the video, because Mitsuru is a high school student and Mr. Ekoda is a teacher. But Te-users are often known for doing this sort of thing when others might consider it risky or even out of line.
    What's sad is that based on what has been said in this thread, I am actually an ENFP with well developed Te.

  8. #18
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    What's sad is that based on what has been said in this thread, I am actually an ENFP with well developed Te.
    How on earth is that sad??

    /biased
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  9. #19
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    How on earth is that sad??

    /biased
    It's sad that I've been in denial for so long. Simulated World on PerNation may have been correct.

  10. #20
    ⒺⓉⒷ Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    3,441

    Default

    What here makes you think you're an ENFP, “in denial” (which I was once essentially accused of as well)?
    You seemed to identify with my example of switching to Te as backup. The tertiary may “inflate” itself to appear stronger than it is sometimes, but this is still a temporary thing. I don't see why anyone would be in denial of their true type. That seems to stem from a misconception that Feelers (especially male ones) all want to be Thinkers.
    But it's our unpreferred perspectives that we are usually more in denial of.

    I could be wrong, but from what I've seen, ENTP seems right. In the OP, you create categories and name them (typical Berens/Nardi Ti definitions), which is an internal analysis being expressed, and while anyone can do this, it is an evidence of preference. (Fi preferrers think too much of that is too “impersonal”).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

    Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Similar Threads

  1. Is it possible that I may be using some combination of Fi, Te, Ti, and Te?
    By The Great One in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-19-2016, 07:38 PM
  2. Do Ti and Te map onto deduction vs. induction?
    By funtensity in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-23-2013, 03:15 PM
  3. Ti and Te
    By Silveresque in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 04:27 PM
  4. Could I have mixed Ti and Te?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 04:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO