• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is a real Ni dom like?

Scheherezade

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Ni picks the best option and not the Ni person. It probably happens at a subconscious level while the person willingly goes through the points. There probably are those points that they have seen but not even considered that helps in the final realization. Ni probably realizes than picks. Je however..

you make it sound somewhat mystical

unnamed

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
For me ,it's visual thinking...I always like click the "insert image"button.

R

Riva

you make it sound somewhat mystical
I made it sound completely normal. Se - sees, Je - filters, Ni - realizes, Ji - shoots down. I'm not entirely sure whether Je and ji filters and shoots down consciously or not.

S

Society

I think the number of Ni dom seems much lower than claimed INXJ I met.

doesn't that put you in a bit of a problem? if you don't trust how people type themselves how can you trust their typing of other people (and the impressions they gained from those)?

my ability to answer that entirely depends on whether the people i've typed as Ni doms are what you'd consider Ni doms.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just look for people digging ditches and the conceptual holes they get themselves sucked into, incapable for outward growth and expansion, though their introspective powers may trump us all...

R

Riva

I believe I made a small mistake. Je prioritizes and ji filters. However the definitions of words are open for interpretation.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Suave. Sophisticated. Poised.

Attractive. In a knowing way.

You'll know them by the trail of broken hearts they leave behind.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I believe I made a small mistake. Je prioritizes and ji filters. However the definitions of words are open for interpretation.

Oh boy, another NT (I'm nT :alttongue:) getting impossibly lost in the acentric labyrinth of logical deductions on the mysteries of functions!

unnamed

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5

That's why I didn't reply #23:mellow:

Scheherezade

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
So for an onlooker the Ni dom is being stubborn but for the Ni dom it is simply the best option than a need or adamant belief.

It's best to feed them with more Se than to try and convince them. Either that or use an overwhelming amount of Ti.
Se trumps Ti imo

i`m :sherlock:

I

Infinite Bubble

For me ,it's visual thinking...I always like click the "insert image"button.

There is also a strong visual element to my thinking too. Usually like a video recording rather than just images though. But I'm not sure you can totally put that down to Ni really.

Suave. Sophisticated. Poised.

Attractive. In a knowing way.

You'll know them by the trail of broken hearts they leave behind.

I thought that was a given. No need to tell people things they already know. :D

unnamed

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
There is also a strong visual element to my thinking too. Usually like a video recording rather than just images though. But I'm not sure you can totally put that down to Ni really.

http://personalityjunkie.com/10/introverted-intuition-ni/
Oh boy, another NT (I'm nT :alttongue:) getting impossibly lost in the acentric labyrinth of logical deductions on the mysteries of functions!

Indeed...
doesn't that put you in a bit of a problem? if you don't trust how people type themselves how can you trust their typing of other people (and the impressions they gained from those)?

Why people can not suspect my type?
In some of forums,claimed Ni dom's more than 10% and INTJ female is more than INTJ male.
WHAT A JOKE.:mad:

S

Society

Why people can not suspect my type?
In some of forums,claimed Ni dom's more than 10% and INTJ female is more than INTJ male.
WHAT A JOKE.:mad:

i am not saying they are typing themselves correctly or not[SUP](see spoiler comment)[/SUP], i am just saying there is a problem with the information you are requesting: each poster can tell you about their impression of the people he/she thinks are NJs, but that's only useful if those are actual NJs, meaning, only if that person was able to correctly type the people around them and identify who is or isn't a real NJ.

so if you assume people don't have the skill to type themselves correctly, why would you assume that they would type others correctly? and if they can't type others correctly, why would you think the impressions they have of those people that they type as NJs are actually about real NJs?

p.s.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, but that doesn't stop other types from thinking visually as well.

Anyone can think visually, just as anyone can do rigorous calculations in one's head.

The difference, I think, for Ni doms and especially INTJs is the Ni is rather reliant upon visual conceptualization to do the calculations, and, moreover, to make sure that whatever calculations are done fit correctly into the overall picture.

I've noticed that one way to spot an Ni dom is that they're good at "word problems". In other words, if it's a problem that is phrased in normal terms but must be transcribed into math or computer code to be solved, Ni doms appear to have a talent for taking the problem, transforming into its more analytical format, solve it, and then transcribe the answer back into normal human language. This jibes very closely with Nardi's observation that Ni doms' "zen state works best when focusing on a single question," developing a holistic model of a problem and then solving it. Personally, I feel a bit crippled if I'm forced into a situation where I have to solve a problem that is simply a puzzle, solved without context, which means I cannot apply my holistic approach. (This mostly happens in interviews where the interviewers present coding puzzles and the like.) Not that I cannot do it, but I essentially have to form my own contrived context(s) before I can move the problem around inside my head and explore possible solutions.

When I'm solving a database architecture problem, for example, I think in terms of what the database is used for (it can be multiple uses, I just need to be aware of them), and then I come up with the simplest design that satisfies those needs and is flexible enough to meet changing needs. I see the data flowing in and out, I can feel where externalities might choke the data flow, I can see how bad data can be accidentally inserted/extracted - it's just there, without any "math", without any specific categories of design patterns or the like (I learned the definition/distinction of OLTP vs OLAP after I had designed databases with those principles - I just didn't have the words.) If I find a bug/problem in the database, I don't just go in and fix that one thing so it's logically self-consistent and fits with what's around it, I make sure that the fix preserves that overall data flow and purpose. This is all mostly visual and holistic, and I mostly tend to use more analytical skills (Te) to ensure that the instantiation of my vision is correct.

unnamed

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
]INTJ women are hot, so stop fucking with it. :p
lol-face.jpg

so if you assume people don't have the skill to type themselves correctly, why would you assume that they would type others correctly? and if they can't type others correctly, why would you think the impressions they have of those people that they type as NJs are actually about real NJs?

I had my standard.That's all.

i am failing to remember who ATM
No poll link,no evidence...

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's best to feed them with more Se than to try and convince them. Either that or use an overwhelming amount of Ti.

An Ni dom will have to comfirm that.
Not a bad description overall, but Se fodder will be much more successful than Ti deluge. Ti feels like trying to usurp our judgment, but Se data are just "there", for us to incorporate in our own way.

Same for me. I almost literally "see" what Ni comes up with. Describing it others, though, can be a challenge.

I've noticed that one way to spot an Ni dom is that they're good at "word problems". In other words, if it's a problem that is phrased in normal terms but must be transcribed into math or computer code to be solved, Ni doms appear to have a talent for taking the problem, transforming into its more analytical format, solve it, and then transcribe the answer back into normal human language. This jibes very closely with Nardi's observation that Ni doms' "zen state works best when focusing on a single question," developing a holistic model of a problem and then solving it. Personally, I feel a bit crippled if I'm forced into a situation where I have to solve a problem that is simply a puzzle, solved without context, which means I cannot apply my holistic approach. (This mostly happens in interviews where the interviewers present coding puzzles and the like.) Not that I cannot do it, but I essentially have to form my own contrived context(s) before I can move the problem around inside my head and explore possible solutions.
This is a good illustration.

Nicodemus

Ni is a concept and Ni doms are conceptual people. Whether they have any other mode of existence is quite debatable. So the only reasonable way to answer the thread question is to state what the theory says about Ni doms.

We can talk about what people who think themselves Ni doms are like, but that is really just talking about what people who think themselves Ni doms are like. You know, the difference between a circle and a donut...

i-like-trains.jpg