MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    bad

Quote Originally Posted by Scheherezade View Post
    Se trumps Ti imo
    Notice INFJ,but I think overdose is not good.

Infinite Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by unnamed View Post
    For me ,it's visual thinking...I always like click the "insert image"button.
    There is also a strong visual element to my thinking too. Usually like a video recording rather than just images though. But I'm not sure you can totally put that down to Ni really.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Suave. Sophisticated. Poised.

Attractive. In a knowing way.

You'll know them by the trail of broken hearts they leave behind.
    I thought that was a given. No need to tell people things they already know.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    bad

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    There is also a strong visual element to my thinking too. Usually like a video recording rather than just images though. But I'm not sure you can totally put that down to Ni really.
    http://personalityjunkie.com/10/intr...-intuition-ni/
    Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    Oh boy, another NT (I'm nT ) getting impossibly lost in the acentric labyrinth of logical deductions on the mysteries of functions!
    Indeed...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    doesn't that put you in a bit of a problem? if you don't trust how people type themselves how can you trust their typing of other people (and the impressions they gained from those)?
    Why people can not suspect my type?
    In some of forums,claimed Ni dom's more than 10% and INTJ female is more than INTJ male.
    WHAT A JOKE.

Infinite Bubble

Yeah, but that doesn't stop other types from thinking visually as well.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    bad

Any types could kill people too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Suave. Sophisticated. Poised.

Attractive. In a knowing way.

You'll know them by the trail of broken hearts they leave behind.
    It looks like P's more than J's....

Society

Quote Originally Posted by unnamed View Post
    Why people can not suspect my type?
    In some of forums,claimed Ni dom's more than 10% and INTJ female is more than INTJ male.
    WHAT A JOKE.
    i am not saying they are typing themselves correctly or not(see spoiler comment), i am just saying there is a problem with the information you are requesting: each poster can tell you about their impression of the people he/she thinks are NJs, but that's only useful if those are actual NJs, meaning, only if that person was able to correctly type the people around them and identify who is or isn't a real NJ.

so if you assume people don't have the skill to type themselves correctly, why would you assume that they would type others correctly? and if they can't type others correctly, why would you think the impressions they have of those people that they type as NJs are actually about real NJs?

p.s.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Anyone can think visually, just as anyone can do rigorous calculations in one's head.

The difference, I think, for Ni doms and especially INTJs is the Ni is rather reliant upon visual conceptualization to do the calculations, and, moreover, to make sure that whatever calculations are done fit correctly into the overall picture.

I've noticed that one way to spot an Ni dom is that they're good at "word problems". In other words, if it's a problem that is phrased in normal terms but must be transcribed into math or computer code to be solved, Ni doms appear to have a talent for taking the problem, transforming into its more analytical format, solve it, and then transcribe the answer back into normal human language. This jibes very closely with Nardi's observation that Ni doms' "zen state works best when focusing on a single question," developing a holistic model of a problem and then solving it. Personally, I feel a bit crippled if I'm forced into a situation where I have to solve a problem that is simply a puzzle, solved without context, which means I cannot apply my holistic approach. (This mostly happens in interviews where the interviewers present coding puzzles and the like.) Not that I cannot do it, but I essentially have to form my own contrived context(s) before I can move the problem around inside my head and explore possible solutions.

When I'm solving a database architecture problem, for example, I think in terms of what the database is used for (it can be multiple uses, I just need to be aware of them), and then I come up with the simplest design that satisfies those needs and is flexible enough to meet changing needs. I see the data flowing in and out, I can feel where externalities might choke the data flow, I can see how bad data can be accidentally inserted/extracted - it's just there, without any "math", without any specific categories of design patterns or the like (I learned the definition/distinction of OLTP vs OLAP after I had designed databases with those principles - I just didn't have the words.) If I find a bug/problem in the database, I don't just go in and fix that one thing so it's logically self-consistent and fits with what's around it, I make sure that the fix preserves that overall data flow and purpose. This is all mostly visual and holistic, and I mostly tend to use more analytical skills (Te) to ensure that the instantiation of my vision is correct.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    bad

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    ]INTJ women are hot, so stop fucking with it. :p

so if you assume people don't have the skill to type themselves correctly, why would you assume that they would type others correctly? and if they can't type others correctly, why would you think the impressions they have of those people that they type as NJs are actually about real NJs?
    I had my standard.That's all.

i am failing to remember who ATM
    No poll link,no evidence...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    It's best to feed them with more Se than to try and convince them. Either that or use an overwhelming amount of Ti.

An Ni dom will have to comfirm that.
    Not a bad description overall, but Se fodder will be much more successful than Ti deluge. Ti feels like trying to usurp our judgment, but Se data are just "there", for us to incorporate in our own way.

Same for me. I almost literally "see" what Ni comes up with. Describing it others, though, can be a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I've noticed that one way to spot an Ni dom is that they're good at "word problems". In other words, if it's a problem that is phrased in normal terms but must be transcribed into math or computer code to be solved, Ni doms appear to have a talent for taking the problem, transforming into its more analytical format, solve it, and then transcribe the answer back into normal human language. This jibes very closely with Nardi's observation that Ni doms' "zen state works best when focusing on a single question," developing a holistic model of a problem and then solving it. Personally, I feel a bit crippled if I'm forced into a situation where I have to solve a problem that is simply a puzzle, solved without context, which means I cannot apply my holistic approach. (This mostly happens in interviews where the interviewers present coding puzzles and the like.) Not that I cannot do it, but I essentially have to form my own contrived context(s) before I can move the problem around inside my head and explore possible solutions.
    This is a good illustration.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Ni is a concept and Ni doms are conceptual people. Whether they have any other mode of existence is quite debatable. So the only reasonable way to answer the thread question is to state what the theory says about Ni doms.

We can talk about what people who think themselves Ni doms are like, but that is really just talking about what people who think themselves Ni doms are like. You know, the difference between a circle and a donut...