Socionics
    bad

It's from environment,not the type.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    What's interesting to me is, while I've never heard of synesthetes, ADD & ADHD are now being described as having the same origins - a condition I've been told I have. Yet it is a confusing thing to know what is what when the symptoms of ADD seem strangely indistinguishable from the MBTI of the ENxP.
    I think ADD(or at least some mild version of it) is more common in INTJs also than people might think, also seems to be pretty common in ESFPs, but yea probably most common with ENFPs.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    In my experience, bipolar disorder kinda hinders the whole "typing" thing.
    Dunno, it seems to be the most common with ENFPs, but i have heard of many INFPs also. But my ESFP(or maybe, just maybe ENFP) cousin has bipolar type 1
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    xNTx

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    You're all wrong. The complexity of human personality qualifies a person as impossible to type.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    I think ADD(or at least some mild version of it) is more common in INTJs also than people might think, also seems to be pretty common in ESFPs, but yea probably most common with ENFPs.
    I very much agree with you...INTJs and INFJs as well. All of the INFJs (3), all of the ENFPs (3) and 1 of 2 INTJs I have known have received an official diagnosis of the Inattentive form of ADD (w/o Hyperactivity).

I mean, when I think of what it is to be an N dom and then consider the symptoms of Inattentive ADD... it's like ???

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

well, one of my biggest questions that I didn't really address in the OP is:

how can S/N preference be discerned in individuals with severe cognitive delay?

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Dunno, it seems to be the most common with ENFPs, but i have heard of many INFPs also. But my ESFP(or maybe, just maybe ENFP) cousin has bipolar type 1
    Bipolar most common in ENFP? Like e2 or e4s? I'm not disagreeing with you necessarily but it is difficult to imagine merely due to my own experience with them. I've noticed a correlation with ENFJs but I would be interested in hearing what you have to say.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I don't have any answers that pertain to your question but this^^^ I would not even remotely sign off on that. I see a lot of iNtuitives that seemingly imagine the iNtuitive mind to be...oh say...'just like the Sensor mind - but evolved' <--when everything I've read suggests the opposite is true. The best way I can explain the various texts would be to say we are all born iNtuitives and as time goes on our brains become more and more specialized...but for whatever reason that process is halted in the iNtuitive. Basically, an iNtuitive is an adult making use of a brain that was only meant to take them through the first few years of life.

I can't say one way or the other...but if I was forced to choose I would say that 'disorders' would be correlated with N.
    so how do you identify a preference for intuition in an individual who appears to be incapable of understanding or expressing abstract thought?

and in response to the bolded: what about people who never had the normal childhood brain, who were born without that intuitive foundation?

undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by decrescendo View Post
    and in response to the bolded: what about people who never had the normal childhood brain, who were born without that intuitive foundation?
    Does that imply children with aspergers or autism?
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by louiesgonnadie View Post
    Does that imply children with aspergers or autism?
    I was thinking of children with mental retardation. I've seen plenty of obvious intuitives with aspergers and autism.

(was asking about this bc my brother has a disorder that caused severe retardation and I'm trying to figure out whether he could be intuitive...but what Starry said suggested otherwise)