User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 31

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I'm taking a break from school and my mind feels like it's been released from a strait jacket.
    Kobe Bryant is taking you back to school again you weak and pathetically zero-skilled imbecile. Pull off your warm-up jacket and get ready for class, because the master is in the building!


  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Frequently using the word "hello" means you're one of the 8 informing types.
    Frequently using the word "goodbye" means you're one of the 8 directing types.

    And if you buy that, I have swampland for sale on Park Ave. in NYC. Cheap.
    lol.

    I frequently used the word "No" when reading the OP, what type does that make me?

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Along a similar vein, uClassify has text analysis tests for the 4 MBTI dichotomies.

    I'm not sure I find the usage of such common words like "also" and "but" to be indicative of type, but I do believe there are some very general overall patterns in language that correspond to type - Ns using more broad/vague terminology, Fs using more emotional terminology, and so on. Your phrases seem to lean T, for instance. I do believe that preference will tend to show up in language, but I also think it could be easily overridden by language needed for personal interests and environment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    Same here. I would guess P types are more prone to that.
    Or maybe: you hear them using emotional/speculative language, so you type them as a Feeler/Perciever?

    Circular logic at work in this thread as in so many others.

    Like: "Oh man I have noticed STP's seem to like sports/NTJs like strategy games/SFPs like acting"

    Yes: because you see tem acting that way, and then type them.

    Not saying it is wrong, but it is still circular reasoning.

  4. #24
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Or maybe: you hear them using emotional/speculative language, so you type them as a Feeler/Perciever?

    Circular logic at work in this thread as in so many others.

    Like: "Oh man I have noticed STP's seem to like sports/NTJs like strategy games/SFPs like acting"

    Yes: because you see tem acting that way, and then type them.

    Not saying it is wrong, but it is still circular reasoning.
    Sure. Lots of room for error.

    Also it's possible that the way we interpret others is more reflective of our own personality than theirs.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Sure. Lots of room for error.

    Also it's possible that the way we interpret others is more reflective of our own personality than theirs.
    Or maybe it's the right way to do MBTI, and MBTI should just be a system of classifying externally observable behaviors?

    I am not saying there is a right and wrong approach, I just want to be clear about what is being said.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    Kobe Bryant is taking you back to school again you weak and pathetically zero-skilled imbecile. Pull off your warm-up jacket and get ready for class, because the master is in the building!

    It sounds to me like you need something to keep your brain busy.

    Here's a video interview with Michael Giacchino, composer of the latest Star Trek movie themes. See if you can determine his MBTI type.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #27
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    Kobe Bryant is taking you back to school again you weak and pathetically zero-skilled imbecile. Pull off your warm-up jacket and get ready for class, because the master is in the building!

    All I see in that video is a lot of sloppy defense.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    It sounds to me like you need something to keep your brain busy.

    Here's a video interview with Michael Giacchino, composer of the latest Star Trek movie themes. See if you can determine his MBTI type.
    I'm going to randomly guess he is ENTJ. He wants to see the characters as real dynamic people, with real emotions he says and purpose. Bringing life to it with the music I guess fits that, along with the rant on how Star Trek brings lots of meaning to the movie. He says to follow your own style with new ideas, and that individualism also seems very much in line with NTJ, and since he talks a lot comfortably and with a grounding, I'm saying E. I know lots of NTs are geeks for these kinds of movies, and the visions they can create, and since the guy is talking about the progressive development of the movie and where it's going, that's more NTJ than NTP I think.

    I really don't care what type he is though - I just wanted to answer your question.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    I'm going to randomly guess he is ENTJ. He wants to see the characters as real dynamic people, with real emotions he says and purpose. Bringing life to it with the music I guess fits that, along with the rant on how Star Trek brings lots of meaning to the movie. He says to follow your own style with new ideas, and that individualism also seems very much in line with NTJ, and since he talks a lot comfortably and with a grounding, I'm saying E. I know lots of NTs are geeks for these kinds of movies, and the visions they can create, and since the guy is talking about the progressive development of the movie and where it's going, that's more NTJ than NTP I think.

    I really don't care what type he is though - I just wanted to answer your question.
    Well, you're wrong.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #30
    Senior Member Tabula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx
    Posts
    307

    Default

    I doubt it, as someone who does altogether way too much adjusting, language-wise. The only constant is my long-windedness--itself, a sort of adjustment, having been hitherto unable to figure out whether it's "worse" to assume other people know what I'm talking about, or over-explaining myself to cover all the bases, just in case.

    IRL, people have told me I sound resolute in my speech, which is never actually the case. I've consciously injected more tentative words into my usual rotation to better convey that to others.

    In writing, I use more disclaimers, apologies, and "I don't knows," because I'm still not sure whether that tendency to sound like I believe what I'm saying is gospel translates into how I write.

Similar Threads

  1. What is your writing style? - Determining Your Personality Type By What You Write
    By moira in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 269
    Last Post: 07-15-2014, 03:11 AM
  2. Typing children: is it really possible?
    By cfs1992 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 03:11 PM
  3. Type and the Use of Emoticons
    By MerkW in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 12:59 PM
  4. Type interactions in one word or a sentence or whatever
    By KarenParker in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2010, 04:50 PM
  5. Type as many characters as possible in this film
    By MerkW in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 05:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO