User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default Which Types Tend To Be The Most Aggressive Drivers?

I'm thinking ESTJ and ISFP. That's just from experience. YMMV.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I'm thinking ESTJ and ISFP. That's just from experience. YMMV.
    I can confirm ISFP at least in attitude; my friend always has road rage. He says it makes him feel better. He's not too aggressive in actual driving though. My INFP friend kind of is. I haven't experienced any others.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

The scariest ride I've ever been on was with my ISFP wife. She took us up to 130 mph, and I was white-knuckling the entire time.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I'll never forget riding with an ISTP for most of a summer. Tailgating, a foot away from the rear bumper, driving down a steep grade, with his foot resting on the gas pedal.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm more of a passive-agressive driver, myself.

My sister-in-law is the scariest person I've had to ride with because she tailgates like crazy and, because I'm family, I know she inherited the distance judging problem thing from her mom's side. My husband has it, too, but he's careful.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I'm more of a passive-agressive driver, myself.

My sister-in-law is the scariest person I've had to ride with because she tailgates like crazy and, because I'm family, I know she inherited the distance judging problem thing from her mom's side. My husband has it, too, but he's careful.
    What is a passive-aggressive driver like?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

What is a passive-aggressive driver like?
    They slow down to the speed limit or just below when you follow too closely.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    They slow down to the speed limit or just below when you follow too closely.
    I see. So do they also speed up when you try to pass them? Do they slow down the fast lane on the freeway? After you pass them, do they speed up suddenly and start ramming their vehicle up your tailpipe? Do they pass you and then suddenly slow down to a crawl when there is no chance to pass them?

Probably ESTPs
    I really like cats and food.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I see. So do they also speed up when you try to pass them? Do they slow down the fast lane on the freeway? After you pass them, do they speed up suddenly and start ramming their vehicle up your tailpipe? Do they pass you and then suddenly slow down to a crawl when there is no chance to pass them?
    Only if they are also an idiot and an asshole as well as passive-aggressive.

I personally don't get stupid with people without warning. When someone is in a hurry behind me, I move a bit to the right so they can see what is going on ahead of us. I tap my breaks so they can see that it is bothering me and give them a chance to knock it off if they just weren't paying attention -- that can happen to anyone.

But if they are trying to force me into driving at a speed I consider unsafe by riding my ass, it's not going to happen. And if they are assholes about it and I'm in a situation to do it, I will make them suffer. I don't drive slow. I drive as fast as I feel I safely can without getting pulled over. I often have kids in my vehicle and even if I don't, I plan on being around for the births of my great-grandkids. I'm not giving that up because some idiot thinks they have a right to dictate how I drive.
    ~ John Rogers