• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Types Tend To Be The Most Aggressive Drivers?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm thinking ESTJ and ISFP. That's just from experience. YMMV.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm thinking ESTJ and ISFP. That's just from experience. YMMV.

I can confirm ISFP at least in attitude; my friend always has road rage. He says it makes him feel better. He's not too aggressive in actual driving though. My INFP friend kind of is. I haven't experienced any others.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The scariest ride I've ever been on was with my ISFP wife. She took us up to 130 mph, and I was white-knuckling the entire time.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll never forget riding with an ISTP for most of a summer. Tailgating, a foot away from the rear bumper, driving down a steep grade, with his foot resting on the gas pedal.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm more of a passive-agressive driver, myself.

My sister-in-law is the scariest person I've had to ride with because she tailgates like crazy and, because I'm family, I know she inherited the distance judging problem thing from her mom's side. My husband has it, too, but he's careful.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm more of a passive-agressive driver, myself.

My sister-in-law is the scariest person I've had to ride with because she tailgates like crazy and, because I'm family, I know she inherited the distance judging problem thing from her mom's side. My husband has it, too, but he's careful.

What is a passive-aggressive driver like?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They slow down to the speed limit or just below when you follow too closely.

I see. So do they also speed up when you try to pass them? Do they slow down the fast lane on the freeway? After you pass them, do they speed up suddenly and start ramming their vehicle up your tailpipe? Do they pass you and then suddenly slow down to a crawl when there is no chance to pass them?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I see. So do they also speed up when you try to pass them? Do they slow down the fast lane on the freeway? After you pass them, do they speed up suddenly and start ramming their vehicle up your tailpipe? Do they pass you and then suddenly slow down to a crawl when there is no chance to pass them?
Only if they are also an idiot and an asshole as well as passive-aggressive.

I personally don't get stupid with people without warning. When someone is in a hurry behind me, I move a bit to the right so they can see what is going on ahead of us. I tap my breaks so they can see that it is bothering me and give them a chance to knock it off if they just weren't paying attention -- that can happen to anyone.

But if they are trying to force me into driving at a speed I consider unsafe by riding my ass, it's not going to happen. And if they are assholes about it and I'm in a situation to do it, I will make them suffer. I don't drive slow. I drive as fast as I feel I safely can without getting pulled over. I often have kids in my vehicle and even if I don't, I plan on being around for the births of my great-grandkids. I'm not giving that up because some idiot thinks they have a right to dictate how I drive.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably ESTPs

According to stereotype? Or from experience?

Let's look at this according to function stereotypes.

Se - Get out of my way, I have something fun to do!
Te - Get out of my way, I am more important than you!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Only if they are also an idiot and an asshole as well as passive-aggressive.

I personally don't get stupid with people without warning. When someone is in a hurry behind me, I move a bit to the right so they can see what is going on ahead of us. I tap my breaks so they can see that it is bothering me and give them a chance to knock it off if they just weren't paying attention -- that can happen to anyone.

But if they are trying to force me into driving at a speed I consider unsafe by riding my ass, it's not going to happen. And if they are assholes about it and I'm in a situation to do it, I will make them suffer. I don't drive slow. I drive as fast as I feel I safely can without getting pulled over. I often have kids in my vehicle and even if I don't, I plan on being around for the births of my great-grandkids. I'm not giving that up because some idiot thinks they have a right to dictate how I drive.

How about ISTJs - Aggressive, passive-aggressive, or passive-aggressive assholes?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
How about ISTJs - Aggressive, passive-aggressive, or passive-aggressive assholes?
If I've been the passenger in a vehicle driven by an ISTJ, I didn't know it was an ISTJ.

I don't really ride with other people much and haven't for years. It's not that I mind, it's just that there usually isn't any occasion for it.

Nicki

Retired
According to stereotype? Or from experience?

Let's look at this according to function stereotypes.

Se - Get out of my way, I have something fun to do!
Te - Get out of my way, I am more important than you!

Both

Te?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTPs don't have Te.

I was just making a comparison between Te and Se according to motives.

As an INTP I can be an aggressive driver. When driving in town, I tend to cut everybody some slack, although I will take the initiative at 4-way stops.

On the highway, especially when younger, I would take chances all the time, and take the curves as fast as possible without looking like an idiot driver.

On the 35-minute commute to and from work, there is a 10-mile-long straight-away with a few stop lights. Some of those stop lights have a right hand optional lane for right-turns or passing. I use it to get in front of everybody else. When there is a long, long line in the left hand lane, and the right-hand lane is practically empty, that's the lane I always aim toward. I also gauge whether there is any truck traffic in one of the lanes and determine which is the lane most viable for getting ahead. It's a lot like a chess game.

Some drivers don't like it when I pass in the right lane, even though this is perfectly legal. If they give me a honk-honk, I respond with "wah-wah." Big crybabies, they are.