User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I've been told that it's a terrifying experience to drive with me. But the person who told me that is a pansy and a control freak. "What's so wrong about going around that curve at 80 mph??"

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I was just making a comparison between Te and Se according to motives.

As an INTP I can be an aggressive driver. When driving in town, I tend to cut everybody some slack, although I will take the initiative at 4-way stops.

On the highway, especially when younger, I would take chances all the time, and take the curves as fast as possible without looking like an idiot driver.

On the 35-minute commute to and from work, there is a 10-mile-long straight-away with a few stop lights. Some of those stop lights have a right hand optional lane for right-turns or passing. I use it to get in front of everybody else. When there is a long, long line in the left hand lane, and the right-hand lane is practically empty, that's the lane I always aim toward. I also gauge whether there is any truck traffic in one of the lanes and determine which is the lane most viable for getting ahead. It's a lot like a chess game.

Some drivers don't like it when I pass in the right lane, even though this is perfectly legal. If they give me a honk-honk, I respond with "wah-wah." Big crybabies, they are.
    Ok, technically it's not a right-hand optional passing lane. It's for drivers coming out of the strip mall areas on the right, so they don't have to wait as long.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    I've been told that it's a terrifying experience to drive with me. But the person who told me that is a pansy and a control freak. "What's so wrong about going around that curve at 80 mph??"
    You sound like the ISTP I mentioned. I drove around with him for part of a summer. He would tailgate cars with his foot resting on the gas pedal while driving down a grade. It was a 35 mph zone and the car in front was doing exactly 35.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

From my own experience, the most aggressive driver I know is an ESTP 8w7 sx/sp. She's also the most aggressive person I know in general.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    From my own experience, the most aggressive driver I know is an ESTP 8w7 sx/sp. She's also the most aggressive person I know in general.
    Eights might be the most aggressive drivers per se, whatever their MBTI. This type 8 female I know doesn't care what kind of car she has as long as it has a short 0 - 60 mph time frame. If it's too slow to pick up speed, she becomes unhappy.

For some people, the cars they drive make a big, big difference to them.

This same person led a highly active lifestyle. Get up, get the kids ready for school, go to work, work 8 hours, drive home (stopping for groceries or pizza), take the dogs for a jog (not a walk, meaning, jogging up and down the hill), order the kids to do their school work (or AWANAS), make dinner, do dishes, plop down on the couch with a big "wooooooooh!"

I don't think her driving scared me too much, she seemed to be lead-footed yet conscientious and observant.

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    They slow down to the speed limit or just below when you follow too closely.
    I was specifically instructed to do this in defensive driving class.

The Iron Giant

For aggressive anything I would say enneagram type eight. Anyone could find a rationale for any type being aggressive. I have been an angry driver at times, but not generally aggressive. I drive the speed limit (or less than five over) in most cases, because I got tired of speeding tickets years ago. I won't be pushed into speeding. I avoid the passing lane unless the person in front of me is going slower than I am, so people have no reason to fuck with me. They can go around. I love the rare occasion when someone blows past me after tailgating and turns up a mile down the road, pulled over...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    For aggressive anything I would say enneagram type eight. Anyone could find a rationale for any type being aggressive. I have been an angry driver at times, but not generally aggressive. I drive the speed limit (or less than five over) in most cases, because I got tired of speeding tickets years ago. I won't be pushed into speeding. I avoid the passing lane unless the person in front of me is going slower than I am, so people have no reason to fuck with me. They can go around. I love the rare occasion when someone blows past me after tailgating and turns up a mile down the road, pulled over...
    Yeah, that's a good philosophy. Despite my joking, I tend to drive no more than 5 mph over the speed limit. That's what everyone does here, and the cops won't pull you over for that, usually.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    That is the type I was thinking.

I am aggressive in some ways. I like fast cars, accellerate quickly and take corners sharply. I am usually five to ten mph above the speed limit but it depends pn which car I am driving. I am pretty courteous - let people in, get out of the fast lane when someone is behind me. I never tailgate. I don't believe in hesitating. It kind of drives me nuts when people trip over themselves letting the other person go when in fact they should go. It strikes me as poor driving. I generally try to stay as far away from other cars as I can.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I think the drivers most fond of extreme risks and living on the edge such as with reckless driving are ISFJs by a mile!